Doug King Takeover (6 Viewers)

slowpoke

Robins has said four in, two loans, two permanent, if this lad from Man City happens that’s the two loans, they won’t be cheap so perhaps takeover has been ratified but not announced yet I can see the advantages in that. I assume it’s down to ccfc to announce it.
Permanent deals I’d think would take longer and maybe with the COH & Taveres injuries Robins might go for a fifth loan.

Skyblueweeman

Robins has said four in, two loans, two permanent, if this lad from Man City happens that’s the two loans, they won’t be cheap so perhaps takeover has been ratified but not announced yet I can see the advantages in that. I assume it’s down to ccfc to announce it.
Permanent deals I’d think would take longer and maybe with the COH & Taveres injuries Robins might go for a fifth loan.

Was the before McFadzean got injured?

KenilworthSkyBlue

I'd imagine both will be cheap. If they weren't they wouldn't be here.

jordan210

Was that before, COH and Tav got injured. We need a lot more than 4 in

Hobo

Was the before McFadzean got injured?

I must have missed where McFadzean wont play again? You dont buy players just because a player is injured. A season long one may nudge it in that direction?

However, I thought finding a replacement for McFadzean was key in the summer. We should of ideally sourced an understudy to play alongside him and eventually takeover.

Neither Hyam or Rose ticked the boxes for me. Doyle does but his future doesnt lie with us. We needed to source a League 1 Championship CB with a few games on their CV who we could have developed while McFadzean is still an option for us.

ProfessorbyGrace

This is really starting to do my tits right in…

Think we’ll be blocking the switchboard at Samaritans if this doesn’t happen.

KenilworthSkyBlue

can't see boys coming from Man City or Arsenal being cheap, though you don't always have to cover the whole salary. We do have a good rep for bringing players on, and giving them game time (Ryan Giles apart)

I very much doubt clubs such as Man City or Arsenal concern themselves too much with loan splits.

Their primary focus is to find a club to send young talent to that will a) play them in the style they want, and b) will give them consistent game time.

edgy

I very much doubt clubs such as Man City or Arsenal concern themselves too much with loan splits.

Their primary focus is to find a club to send young talent to that will a) play them in the style they want, and b) will give them consistent game time.

Yeah these loans will cost us nothing or next to nothing. The lads themselves won't be on the mega money yet lets say less than £10k a week. Clubs like Man City wont be arsed about us paying a slice of that. Not even worth the admin to them.

Skyblueweeman

I must have missed where McFadzean wont play again? You dont buy players just because a player is injured. A season long one may nudge it in that direction?

However, I thought finding a replacement for McFadzean was key in the summer. We should of ideally sourced an understudy to play alongside him and eventually takeover.

Neither Hyam or Rose ticked the boxes for me. Doyle does but his future doesnt lie with us. We needed to source a League 1 Championship CB with a few games on their CV who we could have developed while McFadzean is still an option for us.

I didn't see he won't play again but he's out for 3 months - almost the rest of the season so it's obvious we need a replacement for him.

Wondered whether MRs statement of 4 was before he was injured because if it was, 4 potentially now becomes 5.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Yeah these loans will cost us nothing or next to nothing. The lads themselves won't be on the mega money yet lets say less than £10k a week. Clubs like Man City wont be arsed about us paying a slice of that. Not even worth the admin to them.

Unless it's an extremely highly rated talent, clubs such as Man City and Arsenal would have difficulty demanding significant loan splits anyway. It would be a complete false economy as they'd essentially be pricing themselves out of getting their youth products vital experience at a decent level.

JimmyHillsbeard

Unless it's an extremely highly rated talent, clubs such as Man City and Arsenal would have difficulty demanding significant loan splits anyway. It would be a complete false economy as they'd essentially be pricing themselves out of getting their youth products vital experience at a decent level.

This is true but they can manage to exert significant leverage. When Akpom was on loan from Arsenal he was expected to travel back to them to play in youth/ u23 games and I’m pretty certain that clauses are written into loan arrangements for players on high wages at big clubs like Chelsea (Maatsen for example but maybe Sterling too) that the parent club pays their wages as long as they’re selected whenever fit to play.

KenilworthSkyBlue

This is true but they can manage to exert significant leverage. When Akpom was on loan from Arsenal he was expected to travel back to them to play in youth/ u23 games and I’m pretty certain that clauses are written into loan arrangements for players on high wages at big clubs like Chelsea (Maatsen for example but maybe Sterling too) that the parent club pays their wages as long as they’re selected whenever fit to play.

Yeah but that's always going to be the case. Regardless of the agreement made loaning clubs are always at the behest of the parent club.

That'll only heighten with clubs the size of Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal etc. Such an example also proves my point that their ultimate goal isn't for loaning clubs to cover wages, but rather to ensure that loaning clubs fundamentally commit to giving their youth players game time.

clint van damme

can't see boys coming from Man City or Arsenal being cheap, though you don't always have to cover the whole salary. We do have a good rep for bringing players on, and giving them game time (Ryan Giles apart)

A lot of the top teams have an arrangement where they carry on paying loanees wages but the caveat is if they don't play the team they're loans to pay their wages, or a percentage of them, for that week

Users who are viewing this thread