Doug King Takeover (14 Viewers)

Tommo1993

Why? I mean you’ve come this far, if you think there’s a decent signing close to completion why not wait? I’m fact surely you don’t want everyone knowing you’ve just been taken over while negotiating with the other club?

Don’t know. Just sick of seeing that ‘I’ word now. Though I’ve no reason to believe this ownership will make us any more prosperous, I’m getting fidgety and discontent.

alexccfc99

Does anybody think we will be better off under a doug king ownership ?

Just curious what people are expecting
Honest answer - I don’t know

But the club cannot do anything else at this level under it’s current structure and ownership other than just treading water

It’s a risk, it’s up to each Individual to decide whether it’s one that’s worth taking

Samo

Don’t know. Just sick of seeing that ‘I’ word now. Though I’ve no reason to believe this ownership will make us any more prosperous, I’m getting fidgety and discontent.

If the new ownership makes us more prosperous than in administration or in League 1, we are already better off, because without it, that is where we are headed.

Last edited:

Cov98

Personally, I'm unsure. But it's clear that with SISU as the sole owners we're not going to go any further than this and more than likely backwards. Robins can work wonders on a small budget so even a modest increase should serve us well.

alexccfc99

So if or when the takeover goes through the self labelled ITK who threw his teddies out the pram cause some people didn’t believe him, was incorrect all along then?

slowpoke

I still can’t decide what has motivated King to buy us is he a lone wolf, a front for others, what do sisu expect for their 15%, could King sell his 85% or part of it to anybody as usual there are more questions than answers.

Owning a football club especially a championship one is an expensive business.

Cata

I still can’t decide what has motivated King to buy us is he a lone wolf, a front for others, what do sisu expect for their 15%, could King sell his 85% or part of it to anybody as usual there are more questions than answers.

I don't know the answer to your questions on DK, but my guess on retaining the 15% is it is a hedge against future years promotion to the premier league. The value of the club would increase massively even if we still pay rent for the Arena. Then the 15% would be sold PDQ

Cata

Can someone please send this thread to the club, The EFL, or a mental health charity. Please, I can't take it anymore.
sorry to depress you further, but having written to the EFL before and not received a response I wrote to the club and got this :
"For other enquiries, we aim to respond to your e-mail within a maximum of 10 working days". As for a charity, they may take pity on is, but we already have a shed load of that. Keep the faith. PUSB

ajsccfc

One thing it'd be nice for whoever to get sorted at some point is the online club shop, it still reads 'play will resume shortly' so the Telegraph are writing the copy

Reactions: KAB

Grendel

I don't know the answer to your questions on DK, but my guess on retaining the 15% is it is a hedge against future years promotion to the premier league. The value of the club would increase massively even if we still pay rent for the Arena. Then the 15% would be sold PDQ

You don't need to retain any shares for that - in fact it would not ensure anything. Who would Sisu sell the shares to? Still be worthless.

ruralcov

Could it be that the takeover has now happened and we are working on deals before the announcement is made so that we can try and negotiate better deals than once clubs are alerted to our new situation? This however begs the question who's announcement is it? EFL's or CCFC to make

mark82

Shoulder Shrug GIF

Cata

You don't need to retain any shares for that - in fact it would not ensure anything. Who would Sisu sell the shares to? Still be worthless.
If they do not retain a share then they have no further interest in the club, so if they wanted to profit from a potential rise in value they would definitely need to retain an interest. True it ensures nothing, but if promotion happened, the shares would not be difficult to shift, particularly with their knowledge of the financial markets, maybe DK fancies the lot?

Grendel

Its all pretty strange

No-one knows what King is actually paying and what for. If it includes SB and L why? That would raise real concerns over legitimacy. If its Otium why 85%? Is he unable to pay AVRO the value of its debt? Will that still exist and need paying back?

Owners even before purchase often show some kind of vision, statement of intent etc as to what they are doing and why they have purchased the club

The Club is losing money every month and has no actual ability to play fixtures next season

There would be nothing to have stopped King agreeing a deal with FG over secure tenure before purchase. In fact who would not do that before an actual purchase anyway? There is nothing to stop FG from saying goodbye or making the club pay £5 million a year. What sensible business man would do that? Have these discussions even happened? If not then why purchase at high risk a loss making business where there is seemingly no actual emotional attachment which could cease to exist in a matter of weeks?

More questions than answers to me

Grendel

If they do not retain a share then they have no further interest in the club, so if they wanted to profit from a potential rise in value they would definitely need to retain an interest. True it ensures nothing, but if promotion happened, the shares would not be difficult to shift, particularly with their knowledge of the financial markets, maybe DK fancies the lot?

They wouldn't. This is not a stock market company. The shares are what people are prepared to pay for them. King if he owns 85% does not have to pay a penny for the remaining 15% - why would he? Who else would? No legal requirement to ever pay a dividend on them is there? Could be winning the Champions League and still no requirements.

Promotion doesn't add any value at all unless King also sells and even then no one needs to buy the 15% do they? Is Fisher still the only Board member? Or will Seppalla insist on Sisu boardroom control still?

Sisu could put an agreement in with a an agreed payment as part of the sale if promotion happens - or on player sale percentages - with zero need to still own shares

Makes no sense and again no one knows what the ownership retention is and in which company

Cata

They wouldn't. This is not a stock market company. The shares are what people are prepared to pay for them. King if he owns 85% does not have to pay a penny for the remaining 15% - why would he? Who else would? No legal requirement to ever pay a dividend on them is there? Could be winning the Champions League and still no requirements.

Promotion doesn't add any value at all unless King also sells and even then no one needs to buy the 15% do they? Is Fisher still the only Board member? Or will Seppalla insist on Sisu boardroom control still?

Sisu could put an agreement in with a an agreed payment as part of the sale if promotion happens - or on player sale percentages - with zero need to still own shares

Makes no sense and again no one knows what the ownership retention is and in which company
fine we shall agree to disagree. Have a great day!

pusbccfc

Owning a football club is a rich boys club. We are a good season away from the bright lights of the Premier League.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Wouldn’t read too much into Boddy being there myself - It’s not too uncommon for people to stick around after a takeover in a sort of ‘handover period’

If he isn’t kept on, I think he’d be here till the end of the season anyway

Champions League in 2 years

Non league in 3 years.

Users who are viewing this thread