Doug King live on air Monday (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

the waiting list is at the £8,000 price

good to see your business acumen is alive and well
Yes, but with price demand if you have outstanding demand you cannot fulfil then it suggests you can up the price as you've priced it too low.

I'm not saying that the amount DK has raised the price by is the correct amount - I think it's too high.

long way home

MR asked King for investment in the training facilities, and stressed the importance of it as a key component of competing on the pitch and in the transfer market. He got it ..

Until Doug came here we were a nomadic club, waiting for answers or so called favours on where our home was going to be. Fans wanted CBS. We got it..

Until Doug come in short term deals were normally given out for players, never mind the manager and staff. MR and staff were on a rolling contracts, which created panic everytime a new job came up. That has changed

Now, does this make him untouchable, beyond criticism or to be trusted in all aspects. I would say No, but i do think the club has improved in many ways and especially compared to previous owners.

Will the squad be ready come kick off, who knows, will corporate sell out, who knows. Will King prove to be good for the club in a short, mid long term basis, who knows. From what i see, i think its so far so good but not blinded by all, i know time will give us all the answer. If he is piss and wind, it will become very obvious, very soon, if he is not full of shit the progression will carry on and the club will be better for it.

Last edited:

Grendel

MR asked King for investment in the training facilities, and stressed the importance of it as a key component of competing on the pitch and in the transfer market. He got it ..

Until Doug came here we were a nomadic club, waiting for answers or so called favours on where our home was going to be. Fans wanted CBS. We got it..

Until Doug come in short term deals were normally given out for players, never mind the manager and staff. MR and staff were on a rolling contracts, which created panic everytime a new job came up. That has changed

Now, does this make him untouchable, beyond criticism or to be trusted in all aspects. I would say No, but i do think the club has improved in many ways and especially compared to previous owners.

Will the squad be ready come kick off, who knows, will corporate sell out, who knows. Will King prove to be good for the club in a short, mid long term basis, who knows. From what i see, i think its so far so good but not blinded by all, i know time will give us all the answer. If he is piss and wind, it will become very obvious, very soon, if he is not full of shit the progression will carry on and the club will be better for it.
some factual inaccuracies here

We have a licence for 5 years which is no more secure than the 2 + 2 when we returned to the stadium

Sisu had a habit of handing out long contracts often badly including managers

Who actually owns the training ground?

Hobo

It is obvious our previous pricing policies were wrong and needed overhauling. King stated on air he recognises they are a big jump and needed doing now and not incrementally over several years.

The obvious reason is the club needs to benefit from increased revenue streams.

But I think King also knows interest in Coventry City has not been this high for a very long time. Play offs and just missing out on promotion wetting people's appetite and hopes. Coupled with the possibility of Vik going for silly money and the chance of some real investment (by our standards) in the team; which may not be there in 12 months time?

If he is ever going to get away with large price increases it is now!

Grendel

It is obvious our previous pricing policies were wrong and needed overhauling. King stated on air he recognises they are a big jump and needed doing now and not incrementally over several years.

The obvious reason is the club needs to benefit from increased revenue streams.

But I think King also knows interest in Coventry City has not been this high for a very long time. Play offs and just missing out on promotion wetting people's appetite and hopes. Coupled with the possibility of Vik going for silly money and the chance of some real investment (by our standards) in the team; which may not be there in 12 months time?

If he is ever going to get away with large price increases it is now!

He won’t get them - the fact he didn’t line businesses is odd and businesses who sign up will demand discounts and a better offering.

Greggs

Players still waiting on their play off bonus, not happy with the 6 pack of razors Doug gave them. What a clown

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

GIMOC

Give king his due on this.

he’s been meeting box holders over recent days and forthcoming days. Feedback I’m receiving is good. he’s been transparent. held his hands up that he’s got the pricing wrong and is willing to lower prices. Step in the right direction and he’s bringing Fraser group in to talks to discuss ways to improve the corporate side.

shame it’s took very little sales to realise his mistake but good sign he’s willing to listen nonetheless

Ccfcisparks

he’s been meeting box holders over recent days and forthcoming days. Feedback I’m receiving is good. he’s been transparent. held his hands up that he’s got the pricing wrong and is willing to lower prices. Step in the right direction and he’s bringing Fraser group in to talks to discuss ways to improve the corporate side.

shame it’s took very little sales to realise his mistake but good sign he’s willing to listen nonetheless
Whats the altered price looking like GIMOC

GIMOC

Whats the altered price looking like GIMOC

no price agreed yet. Negotiations will probably start once more box holders have discussed with him.

think a cost which suits both parties will be agreed. I would imagine somewhere in the middle

Ccfcisparks

don’t think you’ll be far off with that. Win win all round then. Least it’s progress and I applaud him for that. Shame it come to this but good nonetheless
At the end of the day, if he sells all at 16 the strategy may be wrong but in DK's mind he has got more revenue from the corporate area. Although he has made some enemies in the process.

Robinshio

so Wednesday - Hamer deal is off - everybody hates Doug
Thursday - HAmer deal is on
Friday - Everybody loves Doug

talk about kids being fickle

shmmeee

If he had gone 16k straight away most would have kicked off. Now he's brought it down to 16k they'll probably be happy. Stroke of genius... ;)

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

He’s basically got them all to tell him their budget for a box here.

GIMOC

so Wednesday - Hamer deal is off - everybody hates Doug
Thursday - HAmer deal is on
Friday - Everybody loves Doug

talk about kids being fickle

let’s see what next week brings. rollercoaster ride again. never a dull moment when it comes to the city

ajsccfc

yYPIAIZ.png

GIMOC

@SBT

slowpoke

some factual inaccuracies here

We have a licence for 5 years which is no more secure than the 2 + 2 when we returned to the stadium

Sisu had a habit of handing out long contracts often badly including managers

Who actually owns the training ground?
Well whoever it is they are doing a grand job, pitches like Wembley and the lodge being renovated to premier standard.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread