Done and dusted (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

We've got a few more numbers in, but are any of them other than McNally actually any good? Time will tell of course, but some people are getting giddy about playoffs because we beat Huddersfield and signed a few players that could be the next Adaramola's.

Never change SBT.
Delighted that we've kept hold of Vic and Gus; very pleased we've shipped out people that while they would make a fist of it, not first choice players; happy we've supposedly improved in the right areas which hopefully will pay off. Unsure about some as they've hardly played, but as first impressions go, yes McNally does look pretty decent. Hope the rest can gel asap, wife and her family are yam yams, prob asking too much to get 3 points there!

clint van damme

We've got a few more numbers in, but are any of them other than McNally actually any good? Time will tell of course, but some people are getting giddy about playoffs because we beat Huddersfield and signed a few players that could be the next Adaramola's.

Never change SBT.

To be fair they're just an overly optimistic version of you and some of the other arch pessimists on here.
The reality is we're not play off contenders, we're not relegation fodder, we are the epitome of a mid table championship club.

That might change in the summer, for better or worse, depending on Dougs plans and what the ground situation will be.

Cov98

To be fair they're just an overly optimistic version of you and some of the other arch pessimists on here.
The reality is we're not play off contenders, we're not relegation fodder, we are the epitome of a mid table championship club.

That might change in the summer, for better or worse, depending on Dougs plans and what the ground situation will be.
16th in our first season back in the Championship and 12th last year. The way things are looking we could easily finish 10th this season which is again a decent step considering what we've had to work with over the last few years and of course all of the off field bullshit.

With a bit of investment in the summer we could well be in and about the playoffs next year which considering where we were a couple of years ago is pretty impressive.

clint van damme

16th in our first season back in the Championship and 12th last year. The way things are looking we could easily finish 10th this season which is again a decent step considering what we've had to work with over the last few years and of course all of the off field bullshit.

With a bit of investment in the summer we could well be in and about the playoffs next year which considering where we were a couple of years ago is pretty impressive.

What the fuck is your profile picture?!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Why am I an arch pessimist? You said being concerned about winning 1 in 9 games was an overreaction, so I'm not sure how you can come at me for my viewpoint when yours is probably quite far the other way.

I said quite recently that the next few months were a bit of an unknown and didn't nail my colours to the mast regarding where we would finish for that very reason. I think we ought to remain as realistic as possible given our previously shit form, and fairly unproven signings. Anything more than that is a bonus isn't it?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Glad that's over, can now concentrate on the football.

Brighton Sky Blue

We all agreed that Doug needed to get his chequebook out. The squad earlier in January was ridiculously thin to the point we actually put two keepers on the bench.

Thank fuck he arrived because we would probably have fire sold Gyo and/or Hamer otherwise.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Fair play to D.King, he said we arnt a selling club anymore, and he stuck to his word.

I think we can safely assume that the squad looks far better today than it would of done if SISU were still in charge.

Now its up to the lads to push on towards that top 6

PUSB
I don't think Doug said we aren't a selling club. He said we wouldn't sell anyone this window.

We've still got one of the lowest budgets in the Championhip, let alone comparable to PL, o to say we aren't a selling club would be the words of a fantasist.

I'd have been content if we'd sold Vic for a decent fee (£15m+) that would have allowed us to start planning the inevitable summer rebuild, but I'm really pleased the likes of Vic and Gus etc. are still here and let's see what they can do in the latter half of the season. I think we'll fall short of play-offs though.

clint van damme

Why am I an arch pessimist? You said being concerned about winning 1 in 9 games was an overreaction, so I'm not sure how you can come at me for my viewpoint when yours is probably quite far the other way.

I said quite recently that the next few months were a bit of an unknown and didn't nail my colours to the mast regarding where we would finish for that very reason. I think we ought to remain as realistic as possible given our previously shit form, and fairly unproven signings. Anything more than that is a bonus isn't it?

I've remained realistic, all season I've said 12th ro 16th and I stand by it.
And while I'll hope for the play offs my head tells me it's a pipe dream. Bit relegation was never on the cards either.

clint van damme

We all agreed that Doug needed to get his chequebook out. The squad earlier in January was ridiculously thin to the point we actually put two keepers on the bench.

Thank fuck he arrived because we would probably have fire sold Gyo and/or Hamer otherwise.

Let's see what he does in the summer. Hopefully we now have an owner who wants to take us forward

shmmeee

Never change SBT.

More that we’ve got a good run of games coming up and four players back from injury TBH.

PVA

I'm not sure anyone is getting 'giddy' about the playoffs but we're 5 points off 6th so, whilst I don't think we will make it, what's wrong with looking up?

And plenty of people were shitting their pants about relegation a few weeks ago so if it's OK for them to get ahead of themselves then it's OK for some to look up the table.

Manchester_sky_blue

I'm perfectly ok with that. I was convinced we wouldn't survive our first season in the champ, let alone still be here, making a half decent attempt to finish on the top half, top striker on our books, Robins still in post, new owner to boot. Can't complain.

Hobo

Personally still feel the squad is a bit light.

But this window wasn't about building the perfect squad. It was about patching up and giving players coming back more time.

We still have very good players in key areas. We are still capable of having a punt at the play offs.

But realistically we are way off promotion and a fluked promotion would be a disaster.

We need to build in increments and just enjoy what we have. Its much better to support a team with a shout of play offs in Championship than be embarrassed every week in the Prem.

Julie SBA

So we're still unable to register a full 25-player squad with the EFL (and we've included the 'keepers which I don't think is a requirement)

Burroughs and Tavares could have filled the last two spots. Could this be that gaps are left to sign free agents?

boatang

Why no Jack Burroughs? Though he was pushing for a place, certainly on the bench.
O'Hare is in there and no chance of him playing this season, is there any reson for that?

Last edited:

Theonlywayisskyblue

Why no Jack Burroughs? Though he was pushing for a place, certainly on the bench.
O'Hare is in there and no chance of him playing this season, is there any reson for that?
'Players born in or after 2001, such as Fabio Tavares, do not need to be registered.' He's on the U21 list below the main squad

Users who are viewing this thread