Done and dusted (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Decent window really. Now got competition at wing back, a defender who can head a ball that's not 36 years old and another option up front. Couple of chunky wages off the books in Waghorn and Kane and players back from injury. Think we will never be too far off the play offs but will end up around 10th

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Bugsy

rexo87

In an ideal world we'd have made a couple of more permanent signings to slightly lessen the rebuild job needed in the summer but Jan is pretty difficult

Kieranp96

Little disappointed, think we still need a few more players for depth especially in midfield, but we kept our main men so can’t complain other than to myself.

AFCCOVENTRY

We’re in a position where anything could happen for a play -off push now. Get a run together and gets tasty.

Summer will be a big overhaul at the club. Deadwood already moved on and we won’t see them again. Feels like the start of a revolution now.

Hertsccfc

Seems a fairly good window. Got rid of a lot of deadwood, although we may be continuing to pay for some of it.

McNally looks a decent signing. The others I reserve judgement on for now.

tomreagan84

Decent window really. Now got competition at wing back, a defender who can head a ball that's not 36 years old and another option up front. Couple of chunky wages off the books in Waghorn and Kane and players back from injury. Think we will never be too far off the play offs but will end up around 10th

We’ll balanced.

stupot07

Strange window. Really happy that we have kept hold of Gyokeres, Hamer and Sheaf, but a little disappointed with the transfers we've made McNally aside. Still got a massive rebuild to do in the summer.

fatso

Fair play to D.King, he said we arnt a selling club anymore, and he stuck to his word.

I think we can safely assume that the squad looks far better today than it would of done if SISU were still in charge.

Now its up to the lads to push on towards that top 6

PUSB

Covkid1968#

Crown Jewels intact……bit of depth in areas we previously had to play players out of position. Players returning ahead of a decent run of games…. Feels like top half is now very achievable and outside chance of top 6 with a bit of luck on the injury front and in key games. Come on City let’s give it a real go…

Ashdown

I think we could perhaps have done with one more half decent centre back but delighted to keep our best players in situ until the Summer.

Hobo

In an ideal world we'd have made a couple of more permanent signings to slightly lessen the rebuild job needed in the summer but Jan is pretty difficult

There will be more choice and better value in the summer. I suspect one or two are already being worked on. 😉

Hobo

we probably priced Gyokores out of he market - We need to get good value for him and Hamer in the summer for the rebuild assuming they dont re-sign . to give us a pot of around £20m to reinvest

Trouble is big fees arent paid in one go, they normally come in agreed instalments. Something fans seem to forget.

shmmeee

Trouble is big fees arent paid in one go, they normally come in agreed instalments. Something fans seem to forget.

We always get this. Fees out are also paid in instalments and worst case the club has guaranteed cashflow coming in they can get short term loans from the owner against.

Hobo

We always get this. Fees out are also paid in instalments and worst case the club has guaranteed cashflow coming in they can get short term loans from the owner against.

I know but alot fans don't understand it. You can also be paying a player or a managers wages after they leave.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

We've got a few more numbers in, but are any of them other than McNally actually any good? Time will tell of course, but some people are getting giddy about playoffs because we beat Huddersfield and signed a few players that could be the next Adaramola's.

Never change SBT.

robbiekeane

I know but alot fans don't understand it. You can also be paying a player or a managers wages after they leave.
No the point is it’s not really relevant if your outgoing fees are structured in the same way.

You’re making the point that fees we get for players are paid in instalments. By the same token fees we spend on players are paid in instalments so it’s fine.

Users who are viewing this thread