Disgraceful and disrespectful (1 Viewer)

eastwoodsdustman

Sadly it only took 3 or 4 but its 3 or 4 too many. You could sense that there was an edge to some of the fans today and there was slightly different dynamic to some of the fans. More daytrippers out on the lash (and something else) for the day.

pusbccfc

Embarrassing. No excusing it. The only reason I can see is that they were coming out of the concourse and didn't realise. It has happened with away fans many times at the Ricoh with fans not realising.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Embarrassing. No excusing it. The only reason I can see is that they were coming out of the concourse and didn't realise. It has happened with away fans many times at the Ricoh with fans not realising.

This was the case for the early murmurings and understandable. Absolutely not the case for the absolute bell end to start chanting “Burnley’s a shithole, I wanna go home” at the top of the stand 45 seconds into it. Proper dickhead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eastwoodsdustman

Nope. I think they were already in their seats as everyone stood quietly until one of the pricks piped up and a couple of his mates joined in.

I will add that their scummy chimps didn’t cover themselves in glory waiting outside to try and kick off. It wasn’t just a few either there were a lot of them.

Kilclines curly mullet

They realised it alright, thought it was funny also.
Every club have their morons but we seem to be attracting more and more.
There was one guy at the start of the 2nd half who started on a guy who must have been early 60’s. His excuse was ‘he punched my mate for no reason’
Probably why there was trouble after the match by the coaches.
I didn’t hang around for long but looked like it had / was going to kick off
Mounted police separating the fans.

Im no prude but if the authorities don’t sort it the cocaine issue at games there will be some serious issues soon.

ProfessorbyGrace

Well, the Burnley fans have taken that and ran with it, you should see some of the comments on Instagram. We deserve to be liquidated cos we’re not ‘a proper club’ apparently.

pusbccfc

Well, the Burnley fans have taken that and ran with it, you should see some of the comments on Instagram. We deserve to be liquidated cos we’re not ‘a proper club’ apparently.

I mean one of the songs they were singing today was about a Blackburn fan who died of cancer and flew a 'White Lives Matter.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

the way I saw it was that at first it was just people in the concourse who didn’t realise, and then it went quiet again, and someone said “burnley’s a shithole I wanna go home” and the cov fans telling him to shut up was so loud that burnley fans mistook it for chanting

JAM See

the way I saw it was that at first it was just people in the concourse who didn’t realise, and then it went quiet again, and someone said “burnley’s a shithole I wanna go home” and the cov fans telling him to shut up was so loud that burnley fans mistook it for chanting
We'll have to agree to disagree. After about 45 seconds there was a definite chant going on.

Lots of shushing going on, but they didn't stop.

Really embarrassing

Old Warwickshire lad

It was a f****** disgrace and it’s getting worse.
Too many coke heads following us. The bogs are full of them at home too.
FFS the police must monitor this forum. Time for the heavy hands of the law to round them up.
And if twats try to stop the arrests kin give em a good slap, and arrest them as well.

Levship20

So sad to hear. I just don’t understand why young and old adults want to go to watch their team wearing clothing which signifies they want to look hard (stone island and goggles), and go with the intent of being a complete prick and wanting to fight. Is it that silly powder they put up their noses which feeds into their empty heads? “ complete and utter scum”! I just wish they would p*** off and leave the genuine fans who go to watch a game of football and have a bit of banter.
I’m afraid it has never gone away but does seem to be now back in fashion and something which makes me feel like I don’t want to go.
A real shame!!!

larry_david

Burnley was on my list to go as a 'northern' sky blue but I genuinely can't be arsed as my experience last season away there was alot of this kinda shit. I also go with non cov fans and the worst thing is when they look at me as if to say, are these morons for real?

Best example was Doncaster away, we were following this couple and he was coughing up shit and just hacking it up on the street, his gf shouting at him in that horrible chavvy tone and him telling her to fuck off all the time. I rolled my eyes and said, welcome to Doncaster to my mate...and then the bloke said to the stewards, which way to the away end. Mortified

zuni

So sad to hear. I just don’t understand why young and old adults want to go to watch their team wearing clothing which signifies they want to look hard (stone island and goggles), and go with the intent of being a complete prick and wanting to fight. Is it that silly powder they put up their noses which feeds into their empty heads? “ complete and utter scum”! I just wish they would p*** off and leave the genuine fans who go to watch a game of football and have a bit of banter.
I’m afraid it has never gone away but does seem to be now back in fashion and something which makes me feel like I don’t want to go.
A real shame!!!

Not everyone who wears the labels is signifying they want trouble, I do and hate fighting at the football, never done coke either, unfortunately I recognise that that is the association but pl don’t generalise it as everyone.

I wasn’t there today bput hoped it was people coming in late, disgraceful if it wasn’t but as we know morons are morons and we have had it at city, even the apparently higher educated wasps fans who made cheap jibes at Coventry being blitzed to try and look clever…cock wombles the lot without manners.

Gint11

My Burnley mate text me last night about this, said it was a disgrace. We’re getting slammed on social media about it by Burnley fans.

clint van damme

I appreciate this may not have prevented what happened yesterday but I've said for a long time now how difficult would it be to put up signs to let people know there is going to be a minutes silence?
There's often people coming in late or in the concourse who are unaware it's going on.

Of course if twats are going to start shouting deliberately that's another issue but often I think it's just people who don't know its happening.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I didnt go but spoke to someone who did and apparently it got quite bad after the game with Burnley fans lobbing stuff outside the ground. In general this season has seemed far better than the last where i was starting to think we were sliding into some pretty rough times, real shame to hear about more crap yesterday though.

clint van damme

My Burnley mate text me last night about this, said it was a disgrace. We’re getting slammed on social media about it by Burnley fans.

Fuck em.
Tired of this tarring everyone with the same brush mentality. Happens on here, couple of roasters acting up and it's 'their fans are all scum'.
It's the height of stupidity.

I appreciate this may not have prevented what happened yesterday but I've said for a long time now how difficult would it be to put up signs to let people know there is going to be a minutes silence?
There's often people coming in late or in the concourse who are unaware it's going on.

Of course if twats are going to start shouting deliberately that's another issue but often I think it's just people who don't know its happening.

Everyone is searched on the way in so you could just ask the stewards to make people aware there's something planned for just before kickoff. All the measures in the world can't account for shitheads but the above would maybe catch more of the genuine ignorance.

Tommo1993

Coming in late? I’m not buying such a lazy excuse.

It’s really not that hard to tell a ground full of thousands is silent.

clint van damme

Coming in late? I’m not buying such a lazy excuse.

It’s really not that hard to tell a ground full of thousands is silent.

It can be. Did it myself at Highfield Rd, think it was against Necastle, wasn't shouting but came up the steps laughing and joking until I realised what was going on.

That's when I thought there should be signs!

theferret

Condemn the arseholes yesterday of course, but not buying this hand-wringing that it is 'every week' or that it's getting worse.

Is it? Only missed a couple of away games and yet yesterday was the 1st time I've seen anything approaching genuine trouble. Saw more last season.

You get obnoxious pricks in the away end, but that's always been so, but we're taking bigger away followings now so there are just more of them and issues like standing in gangways become more apparent. Seeing nothing now I didn't see 15 years ago.

Condemn the arseholes yesterday of course, but not buying this hand-wringing that it is 'every week' or that it's getting worse.

Is it? Only missed a couple of away games and yet yesterday was the 1st time I've seen anything approaching genuine trouble. Saw more last season.

You get obnoxious pricks in the away end, but that's always been so, but we're taking bigger away followings now so there are just more of them and issues like standing in gangways become more apparent. Seeing nothing now I didn't see 15 years ago.

It has a feel of "luck of the draw" to me. If you get unlucky a few times in a row because you're next to the fucking shitheads i can see why you're perception would be different. I agree last season seemed worse.

ProfessorbyGrace

I cannot condone or gloss over the drunken minority who broke the minutes silence, it’s indefensible. However, the hypocrisy of their fans is incredible: someone mentioned they were singing about a Blackburn fan who died of cancer and ‘white lives matter’ and this has been verified on Instagram.

Just needless, really. But then, I guess we’ll never escape the minority of anyone’s fans being absolute cavemen.

Kilclines curly mullet

In the 2 years / 18 months since lockdown ended I’ve seen more incidents than in the previous 30 years of watching us.

When I say incidents I don’t mean full on fighting but pockets of trouble / more aggression. I’ve certainly seen more people actively taking drugs with no care of who is watching

Maybe before I was naive and didn’t see it - maybe threads on here have made me more aware so I see it

The fact that the cub (and other clubs) are making statements about behaviour says it all

Users who are viewing this thread