Cup draw (1 Viewer)

stupot07

I never said it was a cup final. There away support average this year is 403. You would expect them to bring around 3,500 considering they are a bigger club than Worcester and they had about 3,000 iirc? That's around 9x Northampton's usual away support. Coventry's away support average is 1,354. 9x that would be 12,186 which is about 1,000 less than we took to Old Trafford.

I don't think it was you who initially said it tbf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SlowerThanPlatt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

I know just saying the only places we would take 9x our away support (12,186) would be Arsenal/Chelsea/Man U and I doubt you even get that many tickets at those grounds with the home demand

theferret

Nobody uses the term 'cup final' literally. It's just a light-hearted dig. This game offers them an opportunity for a day out. FA Cup away tie, just up the road against a bigger club that they haven't played in years. They'll bring a shed-load. To be expected and actually will make it a decent occasion.

Most the Northampton fans didn't give a shit about our plight 2 years ago and why should they have had.
for me personally, (as well as having a slightly vested interest due to my mrs and inlaws being sky blues) its part of our humble yet proud history that we were the first club saved by our supporters trust. Those same fans like Bryan Lomax then went on to help other clubs like wimbledon do the same. Maybe I'm a romantic but I'd rather our club was associated with that kind of thing rather than helping a spiv and his mates nick millions of pounds meant to help the club and pissing off two sets of supporters in the process.

bringbackrattles

For the older city fans on here in the Third Division when we were riding high under Jimmy Hill Northampton brought around fifteen thousand fans to Highfield Road.They looked on it as a big day out and certainly got behind their team.
They had a big fan base themselves back then !

NorthernWisdom

There was a public meeting tonight at the guildhall where it has been revealed that the inland revenue debt is now up to £166k and the council are still owed £10m.

Apparently cardoza has found a buyer (kelvin thomas, used to be chairman of oxford, wilder speaks very highly of him) who has agreed with the builders to finish the stand. Just need for the council to authorise the sale and apparently that is a very big if.

Hmm, he was certainly an improvement on Kassam.

tbf he should be quite acquainted with the kind of situation at Northampton atm, so you might land on your feet if true.

Sky Blue Harry H

[SUB]Sorry to any that I irked referring to a mini cuo final for the cobblers, I should have used the 'big day out' phrase. Still stick with my 4k following prediction.[/SUB]

rob9872

403 is their genuine away average though. Ours is often limited by allocation filled so would otherwise be higher.

Gazolba

The FA wouldn't fix the Cup draw would they? No! Never!

When I looked at the complete draw, it jumped out at me how many clubs were drawn against nearby opponents, Northern clubs against Northern Clubs, Southern clubs against Southern clubs. Coincidence?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

When I looked at the complete draw, it jumped out at me how many clubs were drawn against nearby opponents, Northern clubs against Northern Clubs, Southern clubs against Southern clubs. Coincidence?

Yeah that Plymouth v Carlisle derby made me suspicious.....

Did you see the draw, Stuart McCall couldn't get all the balls out the bag, calm down on your conspiracy theory.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Depending if it is selected for TV game, I wonder if there will be a ticket promo. Prob same as Worcester £10

Surely TV games will all be non league v league

Not L1 at home v L2

(Think us away at l2 AFC Wimbledon a couple of years ago was an exception due to 'histories' we were pretty fresh to L1 & they were just up from the conference & at home)

Monners

I don't want to mention the W word, but Wasps are at "home" on the Sunday. Can't see it being the Friday as there are some good ties for telly, such as Salford, Didcot and FC United of Manchester. Saturday it is then!

Also, I have had some requests already for info on best pubs for carrot crunching cobblers fans to drink in. Any (sensible) thoughts? Looking forward to the train journey, although they will have to put on some cattle wagons on for the local yokels!

letsallsingtogether

Like us at the Emirates then

I don't want to mention the W word, but Wasps are at "home" on the Sunday. Can't see it being the Friday as there are some good ties for telly, such as Salford, Didcot and FC United of Manchester. Saturday it is then!

Also, I have had some requests already for info on best pubs for carrot crunching cobblers fans to drink in. Any (sensible) thoughts? Looking forward to the train journey, although they will have to put on some cattle wagons on for the local yokels!

Well they used to drink in the Black Horse in Exhall but it is closed down by the looks of it went past today.
Best they go to Tescos and buy some cheap Cider.

Users who are viewing this thread