Cup draw (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Boring tie but we should expect to get through. Question though: If we ever meet Yeovil, will Thomas be allowed to play?

Sky Blue Harry H

Perfect draw IMHO; reasonable chance of winning, they will bring stacks loads of supporters as it is a) near and b) like a mini cup final for them, and we have the grudge feeling about Northampton and the sixfields saga. All in all, I think t's a great cup draw (sorry we didn't get Barnet away for CJ, though!)

Hobo

Coventry and Worcester got the most mentions throughout the draw.

Sick Boy

Perfect draw IMHO; reasonable chance of winning, they will bring stacks loads of supporters as it is a) near and b) like a mini cup final for them, and we have the grudge feeling about Northampton and the sixfields saga. All in all, I think t's a great cup draw (sorry we didn't get Barnet away for CJ, though!)

The Sixfields saga was nothing to do with their fans. They will probably have some sympathy for us playing in a franchise's stadium.

stupot07

Why will it be like a mini cup final for Northampton fans? We're only 1 league higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

letsallsingtogether

Why will it be like a mini cup final for Northampton fans? We're only 1 league higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Yes but our rented ground has 4 sides unlike theirs

letsallsingtogether

Like most here don't to wasps fans who can't watch their team anymore?
Oi there is a thread about this already leave it there.
This is a take the piss out of Northampton thread.
Stop trying to turn it.

SlowerThanPlatt

Because there home attendance is 4k and they apparently will bring close to that here.

stupot07

Because there home attendance is 4k and they apparently will bring close to that here.

Apparently? That's just someone speculating on here. They took 18,500 to Wembley for the League Two Play Off final, even if they bring 4K it's not a cup final to them. It's a bit arrogant on our part to suggest that,

letsallsingtogether

Apparently? That's just someone speculating on here. They took 18,500 to Wembley for the League Two Play Off final, even if they bring 4K it's not a cup final to them. It's a bit arrogant on our part to suggest that,

Chill out they were joking.
Really some people.

SlowerThanPlatt

I never said it was a cup final. There away support average this year is 403. You would expect them to bring around 3,500 considering they are a bigger club than Worcester and they had about 3,000 iirc? That's around 9x Northampton's usual away support. Coventry's away support average is 1,354. 9x that would be 12,186 which is about 1,000 less than we took to Old Trafford.

Sympathy why they never gave a toss before.
for what its worth there were many cobblers fans who did sympathise with coventry's plight. Unfortunately the ones on the trust didn't have the balls to challenge cardoza on his decision, not that he would have listened anyway. Look at the mess we're in now, we couldn't even stop him screwing our club, let alone yours.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

for what its worth there were money cobblers fans who did sympathise with coventry's plight. Unfortunately the ones on the trust didn't have the balls to challenge cardoza on his decision, not that he would have listened anyway. Look at the mess we're in now, we couldn't even stop him screwing our club, let alone yours.

Whats the situation at the moment lift tower?

Kingokings204

Surely we want as many as Northampton fans as possible as its just more money and a better atmosphere.

There was a public meeting tonight at the guildhall where it has been revealed that the inland revenue debt is now up to £166k and the council are still owed £10m.

Apparently cardoza has found a buyer (kelvin thomas, used to be chairman of oxford, wilder speaks very highly of him) who has agreed with the builders to finish the stand. Just need for the council to authorise the sale and apparently that is a very big if.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread