Match Thread Coventry v AFC Wim'don Match Thread - Wednesday 28th Sep (2 Viewers)

Generally Midfield

Got to be realistic and accept the crowd is going to be small but I hope everyone that goes does get behind the team. we can't have wimbledon out singing us ffs. A win is the one thing that would cheer everybody up a bit although I'm still not confident we'll do it. But as long as the players are putting in the effort we should back them for the full 90 minutes.

stupot07

Wimbledon take 2,000 to away games and a Dons mate of mine who I'm driving up with from London reckons there could be more...he also said they sing throughout the game no matter how it's going. Sounds like the kind of support City fans should be providing!!!
Sorry don't believe they take that many, they only get 4k at home. Looking at the away games they've played in this season the crowds don't look particularly swelled by big Wimbledon away crowds, although it does look as though they took 1k to Walsall for the season opener.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CV22SBA

Wimbledon take 2,000 to away games and a Dons mate of mine who I'm driving up with from London reckons there could be more...he also said they sing throughout the game no matter how it's going. Sounds like the kind of support City fans should be providing!!!
Lol they took 400 to Northampton on a Saturday earlier in the season. Hardly gonna bring 5x that amount to see us on a Wednesday night

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
I am waiting for Schmeee's prediction from his dream to put a bet on again.

We are due a decent win where everything just falls for us, ref on our side and everything. Penalty from Jodi Jones having a row with the wind.

Brylowes

I am waiting for Schmeee's prediction from his dream to put a bet on again.

We are due a decent win where everything just falls for us, ref on our side and everything. Penalty from Jodi Jones having a row with the wind.
Ref on our side, have you been drinking man.

Gazolba

We're not going to go the whole season without a win, so a win has to come sooner or later. I'm tempted to say it could come against Wimbledon, but in the Prediction League I put down 1-1.

Hobo

I cannot go as I will be at work. We desperately need a win, doesn't matter how we fluke it. We just need to break the stat of no wins.

Nick

Administrator
If he plays Wing Backs, I'd be tempted to throw Haynes in.

Have they said if Sterry is fit?

skybluejelly

first time in the league I am confident of a win ..3-1 after going 1-0 down .. I might even do astutes favourite bet losing at half time winning at full time

oucho

Anyone remember the game near the end of the 96/97 season, it was a Monday night one and was on Sky at HR. Dons back then were notorious for tiny travelling fans. 1-1 I think, possibly Dublin getting ours??

JeffB

This is a match that is essential for us to win. ........Hate to say it but I think it will the usual frustrating, torturous domination of possession, don't take chances and they will end up with a penalty in the last 10 minutes and score. 0-1. ..........bit like the Rochdale fiasco last season. Sorry....and I really do hope I am wrong.

oucho

Dons.PNG

Mog has been in touch and has told me who's playing. Subject to Sterry and McCann being fit. If not, DKE and Stevenson in their places.

shmmeee

Anyone remember the game near the end of the 96/97 season, it was a Monday night one and was on Sky at HR. Dons back then were notorious for tiny travelling fans. 1-1 I think, possibly Dublin getting ours??

One game, may have been this one, I brought my non-Coty supporting mate along. He got bored and actually counted all the Wimbledon fans. 318 IIRC.

oucho

Gotta say I've been underwhelmed by McCann up to now.
Me too, especially as he was the midfield general overrun by Norwich reserves' tanks, but anything is better than VladGad right now.

Brylowes

Really pissed off with Nick about this one. :mad:
Thought it was Wednesday and can't get cover and take the time off, then yesterday
On a thread Nick states, can't wait to get up there tomorrow night supporting my team
(Or something like that). I can make this so ask the lad does he want to go, he obviously
Does so Arange to pick him up from school today at 3pm to travel up.
Then find out this morning it is Wednesday after all, he's not gonna be happy when I pick
Him up at 3 and break the news.:wtf:

Nick

Administrator
Thought it was Wednesday and can't get cover and take the time off, then yesterday
On a thread Nick states, can't wait to get up there tomorrow night supporting my team
(Or something like that). I can make this so ask the lad does he want to go, he obviously
Then find out this morning it is Wednesday after all, he's not gonna be happy when I pick
images

oucho

Maybe he'll be relieved.

Wombleant

Wimbledon fan here. We will probably bring between 4-500 tomorrow. maybe more because we have just been told(literally today) we can return to Merton. We have permission now to knock down the dog track and build a new stadium . Any wombles you meet tomorrow will be a good mood!!!
Sorry to hear about your clubs plight , we have always been supportive and help up banners saying SISU out at a game last season (I think)

Nick

Administrator
I'd be tempted to put Stevenson in, but I can't see Stevenson and Bigi being OK in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread