Coventry United Ladies (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

That's a bit embarrassing, who authorised releasing that. What badge did Arsenal use, a random one or did ours get added? Looks like the women site is part of the main Arsenal site so wouldn't surprise me if our crest is sat in their system somewhere and it was just something that happened automatically.

Also, how are they losing thousands going to play a game 80 miles away?

Nick

Administrator
Looks like a 12 year old got the login.

What's his point?

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

It’s great to see the new regime is continuing the club tradition of statements like this one.

Nick

Administrator
It reads like he's demanding loads of money from Arsenal men's team from a packed out Emirates.

In reality there will be about 15 Cov Utd Ladies fans there at a non league ground.

Silly prick.

chiefdave

From a couple of posts I've seen it looks like they put up our badge which is probably just something like their web guy being told to add a fixture against Cov and having no idea Coventry United existed. Not sure there's anything more to it than that. As soon as they realised it was changed, not really any need for a statement.

Personally if I had taken over Cov Utd Women, which I wouldn't as it just seems a way to burn money, I'd be approaching CCFC about a rebrand even if the club are putting zero money in. I know this game is away but if you had Coventry City Women playing Arsenal in the cup you'd probably get a few of our fans popping along and given how small their crowds are that's got to be worth considering.

Skyblueweeman

From a couple of posts I've seen it looks like they put up our badge which is probably just something like their web guy being told to add a fixture against Cov and having no idea Coventry United existed. Not sure there's anything more to it than that. As soon as they realised it was changed, not really any need for a statement.

Personally if I had taken over Cov Utd Women, which I wouldn't as it just seems a way to burn money, I'd be approaching CCFC about a rebrand even if the club are putting zero money in. I know this game is away but if you had Coventry City Women playing Arsenal in the cup you'd probably get a few of our fans popping along and given how small their crowds are that's got to be worth considering.

You're spot on. All womens teams that are affiliated to a men's team, form part of their website.

Others like Durham, Lewes are obviously not so are stand alone and therefore don't have the financial support of the overall club.

Someone at Arsenal would've heard Coventry and put 2 and 2 together and got 4.5 but its an easy mistake to make.

I like your point about the approaching CCFC to become part of the family so to speak but I'm not sure they'd take it on, even with no costs as I'm sure eventually the womens team would need some. Also the club would likely want them to do well if they're using the name/badge etc and they won't do that without funding.

It doesn't cost millions and millions to run a womens team (unless you're Chelsea or Man City) but working with Aston Villa WFC, Leicester City WFC and Watford WFC, I know that they can spend as much as Cov men's team on hotel stays. Despite less fixtures and less hotel stays, it still adds up to a sizable amount over a season.

Users who are viewing this thread