Coventry gigs (1 Viewer)

Bertola

Same here, if it was any other band, in any other city I wouldn't pay the extortionate price.

Hope they do plenty of old stuff, but can see Turner being a mardy bum (pun intended) and focussing on the newer stuff which people don't like as much

Johnnythespider

Heaven 17 last night at the Empire, the band were good, the three people behind who spent the whole gig chatting not so, why buy a ticket if you're just going to spend the night with your back to the stage talking

chiefdave

Heaven 17 last night at the Empire, the band were good, the three people behind who spent the whole gig chatting not so, why buy a ticket if you're just going to spend the night with your back to the stage talking
this has got way worse since covid. its band enough at something like the gig you were at but when you're going to see singer / songwriters playing acoustic and all you can hear is people chatting its completely ruins the night

Otis

I see it all the time these days unfortunately.

Saw someone on their phone the entire way through a film at the cinema not so long back.

When I went to see the Fun Lovin Criminals, there were some just chatting throughout the gig. 🤷

Terry_dactyl

Not Cov but Heaven 17 are at the Sign of the Times festival today…I was there yesterday. My sort of festival ie not too big and I felt like a youngster there…I’m 46.

Great_Expectations

Believe it or not, I’m at the Empire for an Anne Marie gig tonight.

I genuinely don’t know any of her songs - it was one of those where my partner asked and I just agreed!

However I’m back again on Saturday for Jake Bugg - really excited about that one! And a few drinks before too; going to take her to all the old man real ale pubs just to milk it!

clint van damme

Believe it or not, I’m at the Empire for an Anne Marie gig tonight.

I genuinely don’t know any of her songs - it was one of those where my partner asked and I just agreed!

However I’m back again on Saturday for Jake Bugg - really excited about that one! And a few drinks before too; going to take her to all the old man real ale pubs just to milk it!

Family round for dinner tonight and we were discussing this literally 15 minutes ago and I had no idea who they were on about but it doesn't sound like my cup of tea!

Enjoy!

Great_Expectations

Family round for dinner tonight and we were discussing this literally 15 minutes ago and I had no idea who they were on about but it doesn't sound like my cup of tea!

Enjoy!

I shall try! I did warn I may ‘disappear’ to the toilet/bar a few times!

And I can’t complain too much, while all chains at least we’re sampling a few of the bars around Broadgate - not been here for a while.

Terry_dactyl

Just bagged myself some tickets for Half Man Half Biscuit for 12th April at the Cov Empire.
Now just gotta bag myself some tickets for City vs Brum on the 13th…
while I think about it…also bagged 2 tickets for the Proclaimers* in Swansea night before we play The Jacks.
Likewise hoping to get tickets for the Swansea game.
*Not sure how I’ll get on with them but could be fun.

Terry_dactyl

Not all Cov gigs but on the back of Half Man Half Biscuit (Cov) and the proclaimers cancelling their gig (Swansea); They Might Be Giants have also cancelled their gig in Bristol.
What’s going on. I’m gonna have to start enjoying younger musicians. I understand Harold Styles’ has put together a good popular beat combo?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Not all Cov gigs but on the back of Half Man Half Biscuit (Cov) and the proclaimers cancelling their gig (Swansea); They Might Be Giants have also cancelled their gig in Bristol.
What’s going on. I’m gonna have to start enjoying younger musicians. I understand Harold Styles’ has put together a good popular beat combo?
Why did the Proclaimers cancel, given they say they'd walk 500 miles?

Terry_dactyl

Didn't know They Might Be Giants were still going.
Well, I’m hoping they still will be! They’ve emailed to say the tour is postponed until next year.

We saw them a few years back and only knew one or two songs…they were brilliant.

Users who are viewing this thread