Coventry gigs (1 Viewer)

lordy_87

Thought I'd start a thread covering gigs in cov, updating when shows are announced. Starting with popular American emo rock band All Time Low announcing an acoustic set at the empire on the 12th March.

Screenshot_20230220-204737~2.png

As per usual The Tin (canal basin) and Drapers Hall are always announcing bits and pieces with lesser known acts.

Everyone feel free to update when they hear about upcoming gigs and let us know if they were any good !

torchomatic

I've got two booked for later in the year at Fargo.

Attachments

• 20230220_211405.jpg
    20230220_211405.jpg
    994.7 KB · Views: 43
  • 20230220_211442.jpg
    20230220_211442.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 44

torchomatic

The only band I know of out of all those is Warrington Runcorn New Town Development Plan.

The others are good too. Field Lines Cartographer is great as are Concretism and Twelve Hour Foundation. All worth seeking out.

Otis

The others are good too. Field Lines Cartographer is great as are Concretism and Twelve Hour Foundation. All worth seeking out.
Listened to them all last night. It was just the other band I had heard of though. The others were all new to me.

Yeah, I liked them all.

procdoc

Leamington Assembly have some crackers this year. Already got tickets for Peter Hook, Pokey Lefarge and Fun Lovin’ Criminals.
Tomorrow night London Calling, a clash tribute, play the London calling album in its entirety at the Empire. Hopefully I can shake this shitty flu in time so I can go.

clint van damme

Leamington Assembly have some crackers this year. Already got tickets for Peter Hook, Pokey Lefarge and Fun Lovin’ Criminals.
Tomorrow night London Calling, a clash tribute, play the London calling album in its entirety at the Empire. Hopefully I can shake this shitty flu in time so I can go.

Half man half biscuit as well. Though I'll be in some Blackpool slop house when that's on.

ccfctommy

London calling is 17th march according to this? Overview | Ticket Shop

chiefdave

This will either be great or turn in to a disaster with loads of pissed up idiots who have been drinking all day kicking off.

clint van damme

Enemy headlining the Godiva on the Friday night.

Already at a gig in London so will miss out on what should be a good night.

LastGarrison

I’ve never actually seen them live as a band! 🙈

Saw Tom Clarke when he played Godiva on his own and was great so really looking forward to this.

Also, quite a clever ploy to get the Friday packed out as it is usually a lot quieter than the Saturday.

Obviously, people are going to moan as always but for me just that one announcement already makes a weekend ticket great value without having to hear any others be announced!

LastGarrison

Also, big shout out to The Empire for continually putting on free gigs!

And a shameless plug for my good mate Danny Ansell and his band who will be playing on 19th May and supported by some great Coventry talent! And to top it all off it’s free!!

Last edited:

Bugsy

Rudimental and Ella Eyre on Saturday night at Godiva,

Otis

Have to say, I am very very disappointed with the line-up so far for the Godiva.

There are always bands I really like. Pretty much anyway

Can't say I have heard of hardly any of these to be honest.

I usually give acts a chance to be honest, so always check out artists I have never heard of. Just listened to the K's and found them a bit meh, but okayish and then also Cruel Hearts Club, who I thought were okay and a bit better than the K's. There was one song of theirs I actually really liked. The rest were just okay.

I don't like Rudimental. Just not my type of music at all, but I don't mind the Enemy.

Hopefully there will be some acts still to be announced who I will like.

Had planned to bring my missus up and her daughters, to try and impress them. Not sure they will be too impressed thus far though. 😂

Mr Panda

I’ll go Friday for The Enemy mainly for nostalgic reasons, they were peak Godiva for me when I was a teen.

Not overly excited about the rest mind you

LastGarrison

I usually give acts a chance to be honest, so always check out artists I have never heard of. Just listened to the K's and found them a bit meh, but okayish and then also Cruel Hearts Club, who I thought were okay and a bit better than the K's. There was one song of theirs I actually really liked. The rest were just okay.

I don't like Rudimental. Just not my type of music at all, but I don't mind the Enemy.

Hopefully there will be some acts still to be announced who I will like.

Had planned to bring my missus up and her daughters, to try and impress them. Not sure they will be too impressed thus far though. 😂
Mel C and Trevor Nelson on the Sunday then?

Otis

Very underwhelming overall I think.

I was hoping Devo would choose the Godiva for one of their very last gigs, but seems they chose the O2 in London instead.

I will still go to the festival, but I am not as excited as I usually am.

Seen so many good bands there over the years. Ash, Buzzcocks, Fun Lovin Criminals, Human League, Echo and the Bunnymen, Biffy Clyro, Kasabian, Mercury Rev, Super Furry Animals, Happy Mondays.

LastGarrison

Very underwhelming overall I think.

I was hoping Devo would choose the Godiva for one of their very last gigs, but seems they chose the O2 in London instead.

I will still go to the festival, but I am not as excited as I usually am.

Seen so many good bands there over the years. Ash, Buzzcocks, Fun Lovin Criminals, Human League, Echo and the Bunnymen, Biffy Clyro, Kasabian, Mercury Rev, Super Furry Animals, Happy Mondays.
It’s always difficult as they have to cater to so many different demographics!

I really like the Coventry focus on the Friday night and Rudimental, Ella Eyre, Mel C and Trevor Nelson are all well know names.

Plus loads that I don’t know so will be interested to see who surprises me.

I think sometimes the local population can get a bit complacent (not you by the way Otis) about Godiva and how far it has come and what a great thing it is for this city at a stupidly cheap price.

I’m looking forward to it anyway. 😀

Otis

It’s always difficult as they have to cater to so many different demographics!

I really like the Coventry focus on the Friday night and Rudimental, Ella Eyre, Mel C and Trevor Nelson are all well know names.

Plus loads that I don’t know so will be interested to see who surprises me.

I think sometimes the local population can get a bit complacent (not you by the way Otis) about Godiva and how far it has come and what a great thing it is for this city at a stupidly cheap price.

I’m looking forward to it anyway. 😀
Yes, it is stupidly cheap, I agree. I had never heard of Ella Eyre though.

I do usually find there are at least 3 good bands I want to see each and every year.

The only one I am mildly interested in this time is The Enemy. Selector are always good of course, but seen them so many times now. On every year aren't they these days?

I do think my missus will want to see Mel C though.

I still intend to go.

lordy_87

Ian Brown. The Empire. Screenshot_20230328-182747~2.png
From what I've seen of his recent solo gigs, they are a sorry state of affairs. Great songs though.

skyblue1991

Have to say, I am very very disappointed with the line-up so far for the Godiva.

There are always bands I really like. Pretty much anyway

Can't say I have heard of hardly any of these to be honest.

Disappointed Mimi Webb isn't there...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread