Match Thread Coventry City v Oxford United - FA CUP 3RD ROUND - 6th January 12:30 (5 Viewers)

Tommo1993

Taking My youngest sitting in the posh stand for a change .

Wilson
Dasilva
Kitching
Fadz
Latibeaudiere
Eccles
Allen
Palmer
Tavares
Godden
Sakamoto

Probably way out but fuck knows what we will play

I hope we chant nasty things at you!

Nuskyblue

Anyone else have the option to send it to their season ticket card? I did and chose that but not heard of anyone else who was given that option...
I did this, less admin to deal with (until I inevitably forget my wallet and have to fork out 2 x £5 for a replacement ticket!).

procdoc

Can see us lining up like this:
Wilson
Lati Fadz Binks Dasilva
Eccles Allen
Sakamoto Ayari Palmer
Simms

Can’t think of anyone to come in for Sakamoto to be honest!

stevefloyd

No chance Saka will start or even feature unless we are chasing the game ...too important for us in the league and he deserves a rest to keep him fresh

PVA

Not sure if Tavares is fit enough to start, has he played any 21s games since returning from injury?

I guess he'll have to, and should be able to get through 60 mins or so and bring on Saka or O'Hare for the last half hour (or a youth teamer).

Sky_Blue_Daz

strongest 11, good win breed more confidence and then hope for a home tie against a struggling prem team

SeaSeeEffCee

No reason not to go strong tbh. 5 days rest since Middlesbrough and a week before Leicester. Can’t be arsed for us to get embarrassed again at home by a lower league side.

shmmeee

Robins really doesn’t like the cup does he? Sounds like he’s saying fans don’t either cos they’d don’t turn up?

We want to try and have a cup run, Doug wants a cup run and that was one of the things he said, and I think that is certainly something our supporters like as we know they love a cup run.

“Everybody talks about FA Cup and how interested they are and I just want to see the numbers of the crowd tomorrow and see if the people come along and watch it.”

Sky Blue Pete

Robins really doesn’t like the cup does he? Sounds like he’s saying fans don’t either cos they’d don’t turn up?

We want to try and have a cup run, Doug wants a cup run and that was one of the things he said, and I think that is certainly something our supporters like as we know they love a cup run.

“Everybody talks about FA Cup and how interested they are and I just want to see the numbers of the crowd tomorrow and see if the people come along and watch it.”
He’s not wrong

Nick

Administrator

Yeah so hopefully he will put a strong side out.

Nothing worse than fans making the effort and him not being arsed, same as the League Cup when we tracked to Burton and he put out an awful lineup.

Can't moan about fans not being bothered and turning up when he doesn't

stupot07

Not sure Chorley would be too happy
I thought he completed his loan and is back now, it was only a month. Unless we have sent him back out again this week and I missed it.

Edit. He comes back on Monday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Skyblueweeman

If he doesn’t it’s surely the final nail in the coffin of his career here
Why? He's just come back from injury. If he doesn't get any game time, I don't think that means it's the end. If MR does want to take it seriously this year, then you'd expect he'd have Wright, Simms and Sakamoto starting and Tavares on the bench.

hill83

Doug will sack Robins if we don’t win this one. Doesn’t want us to miss out on a potential TV game in the next round.

SkyBlueSoul

Actually, it is a bit cheeky from him.

You cannot really blame people for not turning up given that In the last few years our cup runs have been awful. Robins has to own that.
I think there's more recent reasons as well. I know it's cheap but people have paid for aways to Leeds, Sunderland and Boro; more casual fans will probably choose between this and Leicester as well.

You're right though, success brings the crowds in as we've seen and I'd say that's competition dependant. Hardly given us reason in recent years (obviously not all his fault).

1704462634107.png

Users who are viewing this thread