Match Thread Coventry City v Oxford United - FA CUP 3RD ROUND - 6th January 12:30 (3 Viewers)

Evo1883

Taking My youngest sitting in the posh stand for a change .

Wilson
Dasilva
Kitching
Fadz
Latibeaudiere
Eccles
Allen
Palmer
Tavares
Godden
Sakamoto

Probably way out but fuck knows what we will play

Alkhen

Would absolutely love us to take the cup more seriously. I know in recent years we have had to prioritise the league but this year league chances are a lot slimmer and our squad is bigger.

I know Robin's won't see it that way but a good cup run can live long in the memory. People still talk of winning at Old Trafford... They made sodding commemorative scarfs for a game against Blackburn not that long ago! Even the Checkatrade was fun in a bleak season.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wouldn’t rotate too much. I’d go

Wilson
MVE
Thomas
Binks
Bidwell
Sheaf
Eccles
Allen
Saka
Wright
Simms

Maybe even cup tie Ayari for the lolz

Skyblue_CP

I think it will be wholesale changes for this one having come out the back of a tough congested festive fixture list, some of the lads need and deserve a rest.

Wilson
Lati Fadz Binks DaSilva
Allen Ayari Kelly
Simms Godden Tavares

shmmeee

Wilson
Lats Fadz Binks Dasilva
Kelly Ayari Sheaf
Tavares Simms Palmer

S: Collins, MvE, Thomas, Eccles, Allen, Sakamoto, O’Hare, Wright, Godden

Reactions: AOM

MikeyMoo

Shame about Ayari. He'll be remembered forever for that one goal, and it got us a point I believe - we could end up in the playoffs by that margin..:ROFLMAO:.

HadjiChippo

I think they’ll be a tough out as flying high In league 1, hopefully we put out a strong side and keep this good form going with a decent win.

skyblue025

I think they’ll be a tough out as flying high In league 1, hopefully we put out a strong side and keep this good form going with a decent win.
Depends if they prioritise the league and make changes as they are flying high. When the draw was made they were about 8 places below us in pyramid and probably thought they had a chance. Now they are about 20 below us and the chances a lot lower on our current form.

JoeCCFCPUSB

My lineup would be
Brad
MVE
Bobby
Binks
Bidwell > sub off for Jay around 55 minute mark
Joel Lat (cm)
Eccles (cm) > bring sheaf on for a run out last 25 mins
Kasey Palmer (cam) > sub off for Cal around 60th min mark
Sakamoto > bring on Jamie Allen around the 60 min mark
Simms
Wright

curly_tom

I hate it when we put out a weak team for a cup game. I love the FA Cup and think we should try to go far, or at least until we get smashed by a massive team. It's good for morale and drives teams on I think. A couple of changes to use the squad maybe but not a whole second string. That game last year was dreadful (although I guess it didn't do us any harm for the second half of the season, what do I know?)

TomRad85

Taking my 5 year old to this, his first ever match

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Love this mate. Hope he enjoys it. My one regret about moving from the area is that I won't be able to do this with my son as much as I'd like.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Oxford are still pretty good
Would really like a foundation of first teamers to play and to win but expect the team to be something like

Wilson
Lati
Thomas
Binks
Dasilva
Kelly
Ayari
allen
Palmer
Godden
Simns

hoping for a 2-1

Really exciting week for the club coming up!

wingy

Oxford are still pretty good
Would really like a foundation of first teamers to play and to win but expect the team to be something like

Wilson
Lati
Thomas
Binks
Dasilva
Kelly
Ayari
allen
Palmer
Godden
Simns

hoping for a 2-1

Really exciting week for the club coming up!
No get Burroughs back to play LB!

Users who are viewing this thread