Match Thread Coventry City - Swansea City Match Thread - Friday 29th Dec (3 Viewers)

steve101

I wonder whether Bidwell is off in January?! Can't understand how he has been dropped in the first place, let alone be left on the bench. Binks did okay but without Kitching and Bidwell there was a lack of physicality. Swansea knew that and targeted it.

mark82

They're so much better than us 🤣, they actually attack and create and pass, they as you say played us off the park.
Personnel wise they're not. They're very well coached and will almost certainly make the playoffs. They're starting to drop off a little, which should be expected. Taking nothing away from them at all.

slowpoke

Sheaf is good but makes some horrific decisions and gets so many basics wrong.
Agree, Sheaf was instrumental in both Swansea goals the first stupid pass to Allen when he should have put the ball in row z Allen fucked up to.
And the equaliser Sheaf did was a stupid foul right outside the area and it was a trip from behind.

Fysnkysc

I wonder whether Bidwell is off in January?! Can't understand how he has been dropped in the first place, let alone be left on the bench. Binks did okay but without Kitching and Bidwell there was a lack of physicality. Swansea knew that and targeted it.
Yea I mean it's not hard to get the ball over someone who is 5ft 3", and I mean he isn't exactly got much pace about him so.

Evo1883

Feels like a loss , players like sheaf and Thomas have to do better at the end it's basic stuff , head up field or out and sheaf don't touch your man and make the ref make a decision ... he did it twice in the space of 180 seconds .. mental .

But you have to be happy with the turnaround, we are playing much better , picking up results and the squad in general is so much stronger overall ..

I think we will push for the playoffs but may well fall short this year , the league is ultra competitive this season

Evo1883

You do sometimes have to wonder why nobody has come in for sheaf during his 4 or so years here , great tackler and passer but very slow and sloppy at times , just cant seem to shake the mistake in him

Martin180

Doubt it , he was rested

Astute

Keeping the team together is the challenge
The good thing is that the best players we have are on long contracts other than O’Hare. You want our best players you pay the price. O'Hare won't leave us for an also ran. Next season will be exciting whichever division we are in.

Colin Steins Smile

The first goal for Swansea looked like Allen dawdling on the ball, rather than clearing it. Thomas should have headed the ball wide rather than down the middle before the free kick.
Collins positioning for the free kick & he seems to have a nasty habit of spilling the ball.
We looked the better team for most the game. If O’Hare leaves us, I wouldn’t mind seeing Walsh back … he was good tonight

Evo1883

The first goal for Swansea looked like Allen dawdling on the ball, rather than clearing it. Thomas should have headed the ball wide rather than down the middle before the free kick.
Collins positioning for the free kick & he seems to have a nasty habit of spilling the ball.
We looked the better team for most the game. If O’Hare leaves us, I wouldn’t mind seeing Walsh back … he was good tonight
Made of weetabix , would be a bad signing in the long run

stupot07

Feels like a loss , players like sheaf and Thomas have to do better at the end it's basic stuff , head up field or out and sheaf don't touch your man and make the ref make a decision ... he did it twice in the space of 180 seconds .. mental .

But you have to be happy with the turnaround, we are playing much better , picking up results and the squad in general is so much stronger overall ..

I think we will push for the playoffs but may well fall short this year , the league is ultra competitive this season

The whole team need to do better at the end. We kept gifting too many turnovers, and the ball wasn't sticking, we dropped deeper and deeper inviting pressure.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

theferret

This play off talk is all a bit optimistic given we've only won 8 out of 25. I'm optimistic for next season definitely. Got to take results like tonight on the chin though. Thought we were very naive in the last 10 minutes or so, didn't manage the game well at all.

slowpoke

As for top six it’s still in our hands to get into the play-offs but it’s down to Doug King, we need at least three players. be it signings or loans, pace,pace,pace.

SkyblueTexan

Agree, Sheaf was instrumental in both Swansea goals the first stupid pass to Allen when he should have put the ball in row z Allen fucked up to.
And the equaliser Sheaf did was a stupid foul right outside the area and it was a trip from behind.
Exactly what I said. Sheaf is a liability sometimes.

pusbccfc

As for top six it’s still in our hands to get into the play-offs but it’s down to Doug King, we need at least three players. be it signings or loans, pace,pace,pace.

Agreed. This current side won't be near it. 3/4 additions could push us on.

Evo1883

You do have to admit that we seem to be struggling to really involve the central striker be it godden or simms ?
It's also the same when wright goes centrally ..

What difference will another striker make ?

I'm more than happy to keep trying but I feel its deeper than the strikers

Brighton Sky Blue

You do have to admit that we seem to be struggling to really involve the central striker be it godden or simms ?
It's also the same when wright goes centrally ..

What difference will another striker make ?

I'm more than happy to keep trying but I feel its deeper than the strikers
Perhaps Evo, but both players do seem out of sorts beyond some issue with the tactics.

Users who are viewing this thread