Match Thread Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday [FA] Match Thread - Tuesday 6th Feb (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Sheffield Wednesday [FA] match, tactics and predictions :)

alexccfc99

I'm really up for this for some reason - Potential favorable root to a quarter final of an FA Cup for the first time in 15 years, bring it on

Reactions: AOM

MikeyMoo

Wilson
MVE Thomas Bink Bidwell
Sakamoto Eccles Torp Wright
O’Hare
Godden

Palmer and Simms on 65’

ceetee

I think we should take this potential cup run very seriously with a strong team

I don't know whether I dare say this, but I think the chance of a game at Wembley in the cup may be higher than in the playoffs

stupot07

I really don't know, it feels like a few of our players are running out of steam and desperate for a rest, but having seen what our second string was like last week then I don't think we can afford to huge changes like that if we want to progress.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Jamesimus

I really don't know, it feels like a few of our players are running out of steam and desperate for a rest, but having seen what our second string was like last week then I don't think we can afford to huge changes like that if we want to progress.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

If he starts Torp, he’s going to have to bring him off around 60 mins and he’ll know that.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him risking Allen to play another full 90, as he seems a naturally fit fella and I don’t think Robins would mind risking him.

I think I’d want to see our best 11 start, kill the game off and make wholesale changes early 2nd half.

Otis

Wilson
MVE Thomas Bink Bidwell
Sakamoto Eccles Torp Wright
O’Hare
Godden

Palmer and Simms on 65’
Sakamoto and Eccles have both looked tired haven't they?

Maybe better from the bench. Perhaps play Allen and Kelly.

pusbccfc

What are ticket sales looking like

Near identical to the Oxford game a few days before.

Maybe 17,000 with 2000 Wednesday is my prediction.

pusbccfc

£120,000 for beating Wednesday, £225,000 for beating Maidstone. £450,000 to beat Leicester/Nott.Forest/Wolves in the QF derby draw; £1,000,000 to thrash the Villans in the Semi-Final. Then it's the £2,000,000 pay-day vs. Man City.

The Quarter Final would be a very decent pay day if we play away at United or Liverpool.

It's clear from Robins comments yesterday that he's taking this serious as the circumstances have 'changed'.

The idea that we need to focus on the league is out the window now. There's money to be made.

Legia Sky Blue

The Quarter Final would be a very decent pay day if we play away at United or Liverpool.

It's clear from Robins comments yesterday that he's taking this serious as the circumstances have 'changed'.

The idea that we need to focus on the league is out the window now. There's money to be made.

Not wise to jump ahead, but should we get to quarter finals I would rather a home game we might have a better chance of winning.

covcity4life

Biggest game of the season! Come on city let us dream a little longer

As another poster pointed out we don't play till Sunday after this so maybe we don't need as many changes as first thought.

SkyblueTexan

Got to win this and the next round as well!! Play strongest team available. Don't care much about the league now (stance has changed slightly).

no_loyalty

£120,000 for beating Wednesday, £225,000 for beating Maidstone. £450,000 to beat Leicester/Nott.Forest/Wolves in the QF derby draw; £1,000,000 to thrash the Villans in the Semi-Final. Then it's the £2,000,000 pay-day vs. Man City.
How much money do we get if we qualify for the Europa League?

StrettoBoy

What could possibly go wrong?

🤣

no_loyalty

What happens in a scenario where we make the semi final and lose, but the other 3 teams qualify for Europe. Will we be in the Europa league, or will it be given to the PL team who finishes one below the European places?

MAFF

Can't be arsed with playing them again. Hope we lose. I’d earmarked to come back for the Preston game which will almost certainly get moved if we win

MAFF

What happens in a scenario where we make the semi final and lose, but the other 3 teams qualify for Europe. Will we be in the Europa league, or will it be given to the PL team who finishes one below the European places?
I don’t think that’s something we should worry about😂

slowpoke

Play our strongest team and number one goalkeeper, Collins better yesterday but still not at his best imo
He’s part of a defence that needs to be better, Binks will come in for Kitching so just as strong there, Eccles & Torp to start and start building a partnership.

shmmeee

Just goes to the next Prem team these days if the winner is already in Europe.

Users who are viewing this thread