Match Thread Coventry City - Newport County Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (2 Viewers)

smileycov

Facebook User
Sorry to ruin your fun but I think you've completely misinterpreted that sentence.

As with a number of games the past few seasons, coaches and large numbers of fans have been categorically herded around and told where to go - the point being made was that by heading somewhere away from Coventry centre they will not have to deal with the hassle of that scenario and can have a stress free beer before the game.

By the way, it takes a dive to know a dive...
I played golf at Celtic manor for the weekend, couple of years ago. Decided to have Friday night out in Newport instead of Cardiff, FML what an error in judgement that was! Worse place I have ever been too, cov has its area's but Jezz that is one rough town

Otis

Bit of a stupid jibe to throw at people that isn't it, the attendances at Northampton, because we all took a stance and deliberately didn't go to Sixfields as a protest. It wasn't just us not being arsed to support our club, it was protesting against being moved 34 miles.

Nick

Administrator
Bit of a stupid jibe to throw at people that isn't it, the attendances at Northampton, because we all took a stance and deliberately didn't go to Sixfields as a protest. It wasn't just us not being arsed to support our club, it was protesting against being moved 34 miles.

It's up there with them going to Nuneaton insulting us.

giphy.gif

st john

And it brought us back to the Ricoh.
And it will make our owners think twice before doing something that stupid again

Otis

I take it they are all paying a little bit extra to then get the train from Nuneaton there and back too then?

Extra journey and extra journey time.

Nick

Administrator
1700 Notts County fans didn't have any trouble with the police coming to Coventry I don't know why 800 Newport fans think it's the football factory

It's like me when I put a bit of Dr Dre on in the car and suddenly think I am driving through Brooklyn and the police want to shoot me down for being a top G.
giphy.gif

In reality, it's the A444 and nobody cares.

Nick

Administrator
dre drives through Compton not Brooklyn surely?

Nah, when I'm in gangsta mode I am going through all of the hoods. Windows down and everything, police wanna catch a G and search my car. Fuck the law. I have to avoid the police because they just out to get me, hear that.

I hope they don't search my car though, they might try and steal some of the tic tacs in my glove box or point out to me that I'm not a gangster and I'm on my way to work, over 30, no criminal record and have a car seat in the back.

Astute

As with a number of games the past few seasons, coaches and large numbers of fans have been categorically herded around and told where to go

Yes have seen it myself. Once even had an overzealous copper go to arrest the coach driver for stopping at a pub too close to the ground we were heading for....and it was outside the area where we were playing.

Quick question for you. Which club are you on about when taking large numbers? 800 to 1,000 isn't bad. But large?

smileycov

Facebook User
Confused themselves ha ha - Daft Taff's!!

user

tony soprano

Re: Pub for Coventry
by Tony Soprano » August 18th, 2017, 7:25 am

skybluestalk wrote:southernfan wrote:Tony Soprano wrote:There's 5 buses of us going to Nuneaton FC.
Go put that on their forum, would love to read the reaction
icon_biggrin.gif

I just signed up to ask, what reaction were you expecting from 5 coaches going to Nuneaton?

The reaction it has had is confusion.
icon_confused.gif

I'm also a little confused, I only posted as the thread is asking where people are going for a pre match pint!! Am I missing something?
For the record I'd be more than happy to take a point from this game.

Liquid Gold

Ha. One guy thinks it would be massive bantz to sing we're just a small town in Nuneaton as we won't have a clue what's going on. Why do they think that a ground that can accommodate up to 9k away fans is going to be troubled by a few hundred. It's bizarre and I'm not going to be able to concentrate on work today now.

Nick

Administrator
Ha. One guy thinks it would be massive bantz to sing we're just a small town in Nuneaton as we won't have a clue what's going on. Why do they think that a ground that can accommodate up to 9k away fans is going to be troubled by a few hundred. It's bizarre and I'm not going to be able to concentrate on work today now.

I have a feeling they aren't the best at Geography. "small town in Nuneaton" isn't really an insult, although they might be going for the "say some absolute nonsense" to confuse them approach which is working a treat.

I had a mate who used to always do it, Sunday League you would have the usual bickering and he would come out with some really strange insults that didn't make sense and they were so busy thinking about them they didn't know what to say.

"I'm going to find you after the game and kick the shit out of you"
"I'm going to find your car and piss up one of the wheels"

covcity4life

Nah, when I'm in gangsta mode I am going through all of the hoods. Windows down and everything, police wanna catch a G and search my car. Fuck the law. I have to avoid the police because they just out to get me, hear that.

I hope they don't search my car though, they might try and steal some of the tic tacs in my glove box or point out to me that I'm not a gangster and I'm on my way to work, over 30, no criminal record and have a car seat in the back.
giphy.gif

Otis

Fishing?

Well I never!! I never saw that coming for a single second. Wow! How clever was that.

All done up like a kipper.

Which of course is great cos he's fishing isn't he!

skybluetony176

It's like me when I put a bit of Dr Dre on in the car and suddenly think I am driving through Brooklyn and the police want to shoot me down for being a top G.
giphy.gif

In reality, it's the A444 and nobody cares.

They only shoot you down... er sorry, I mean pop a cap in yo ass if you're an OG like me driving in my Vauxhaul Zafira with the Boo Ya Tribe blasting. With some 3 wheel motion off course.

Nick

Administrator

You do realise you need to have a point to properly go fishing.

Just posting things that don't make sense isn't really fishing. To do it properly you need to be getting people worked up, angry and biting.

Not just confusing the shit out of them with "insults" that nobody is arsed about.

Newport

You do realise you need to have a point to properly go fishing.

Just posting things that don't make sense isn't really fishing. To do it properly you need to be getting people worked up, angry and biting.

Not just confusing the shit out of them with "insults" that nobody is arsed about.

Deguisement-geek.jpg

Liquid Gold

Are Newport the clowns of the league and we're just not up on the joke yet. Can someone go and canvass on other forums.

Liquid Gold

I'm supposed to be helping put together a funding proposal for DfID to re green an arid area of northern Burkina Faso but all I can think about is Newport driving to fucking Nuneaton. Help me

smileycov

Facebook User
All its done to me is make me want to smash em now. Fuck the 1-2 nil...4-0 cov now.

Nick

Administrator
I'm supposed to be helping put together a funding proposal for DfID to re green an arid area of northern Burkina Faso but all I can think about is Newport driving to fucking Nuneaton. Help me

We can go there for Newport away, park the coaches up and see what their fans say about it.

Two in one, hopefully they will be really offended and insulted by it.

Nick

Administrator
ITS THE OTHER SIDE OF COVENTRY. THEY'RE ADDING TO THEIR JOURNEY!!!

giphy.gif

Crazy, maybe it's their way of trying to intimidate?

"Come on lads, let's show them we mean business. We will go via Nuneaton, splash the cash a bit on fuel. While we are at it we will trick the OB into not knowing but post it up on the internet for anybody to see. If we go in Bilberries and the Pen and Wig for a few beers nobody will know"

Users who are viewing this thread