Match Thread Coventry City - Newport County Match Thread - Saturday 19th Aug (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Both clubs won their other game by 2 goals and got a total of 5 goals. But they only managed 1 shot on target between them against us.

Did they look poor against us because we are good?

Are we average, they are poor and the clubs they beat even worse?

Are we shit, they are shitter and the clubs they beat even shitter still?

Nobody has said we will finish 1st. Nobody has even said that we will finish in the top 3. But from what we have seen so far the possibilities are there. Are there 7 clubs better than us?

Our aim should be to go for the top 7 and take it from there. What we have learned is that nobody is unbeatable. We are the only club with a 100% record after only 2 games. Why shouldn't we have a little confidence?

You are putting words in my mouth? I'm saying we should have a LITTLE confidence im just not saying that we are gonna destroy Newport and most teams in this league?

I have literally said we are unknown quantity imo, but that is because of the fact that I don't know a lot about the teams in this league? And I don't know how we will compare, so their may be 7 better teams in this league I Doubt it but there might be. I have also said I would be happy with top 7?

Joy Division

this league is a funny one.

You can beat the better teams in the league and then lose to the Morecambe's of this world.

Seem to remember getting these patronising pep-talks from opposition fans when were were relegated to league one. Thanks for the tip but we've found the same applies to the league we've spent the last four years in.

Newport

Seem to remember getting these patronising pep-talks from opposition fans when were were relegated to league one. Thanks for the tip but we've found the same applies to the league we've spent the last four years in.
Nothing patronising about it, but I'm sure you'll come to realise what I'm on about sure enough.

Newport

I think ticket office are expecting around 700.
Think it will be around 9000
800 - 1000 we'll bring, I have to pick up my tickets tomorrow so I'll ask then but there's a fair few going without tickets or so I've read as it's pay on the day.

Thus far there has been about 7 / 8 coaches filled - then people going in cars and on the train. We'll have a decent following.

Liquid Gold

800 - 1000 we'll bring, I have to pick up my tickets tomorrow so I'll ask then but there's a fair few going without tickets or so I've read as it's pay on the day.

Thus far there has been about 7 / 8 coaches filled - then people going in cars and on the train. We'll have a decent following.
Why are they going to the wrong ground?

Joy Division

Nothing patronising about it, but I'm sure you'll come to realise what I'm on about sure enough.
We realised it last season, and the season before that. And the one before that one too. Thanks m8.

Nick

Administrator

Any idea why CCFC fans reaction to Newport taking coaches to Nuneaton would be of interest?

skybluegod

Fair enough, just saw a response on twitter saying 700, so just went by that. Should be a decent crowd with 1000 of you!

Newport

@Newport Can you please answer about the Nuneaton coach thing. I really dont know why it's come up.

We used to play Nuneaton in the Dr Martins Premier Division. You would have probably been in the premiership at the time.

As for your question, I imagine some coaches will be avoiding the Coventry police.

Otis

We used to play Nuneaton in the Dr Martins Premier Division. You would have probably been in the premiership at the time.

As for your question, I imagine some coaches will be avoiding the Coventry police.

Just like most Coventry folk then.

Otis

I think a tight game and a 2-1 victory.

If I had a Billy big bollocks in me I would of course have said 4-0.

Users who are viewing this thread