Match Thread Coventry City - Middlesbrough Match Thread - Saturday 12th Aug (4 Viewers)

fernandopartridge

Interestingly only given them an allocation of 2,000. I wonder if this will be the regular allocation this season for away fans given the new seating arrangement’s? Also side note, no mention of them selling this allocation on their social media either, I know the game is on Sky 12:30 KO but did seem a fairly low number for a team that usually travels quiet well.

Few factors at play. They ended last season badly and have started this in the same fashion. Their last away game was at the same ground at the same silly kick off time. Many wouldn't fancy it.

alexccfc99

Interestingly only given them an allocation of 2,000. I wonder if this will be the regular allocation this season for away fans given the new seating arrangement’s? Also side note, no mention of them selling this allocation on their social media either, I know the game is on Sky 12:30 KO but did seem a fairly low number for a team that usually travels quiet well.
I remember when we beat them at home when Marlon King scored his first goal for us and they barely brought 1000 down

That being said they’ve always brought a fair few since our return to the Championship

Covkid1968#

Draw for me....both teams having a nervy start to the season. Would be nice for Simms to get off the mark..and I think he will

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

It's got to be a win for Cov, couldn't stand another week of the bedwetters on here. 😭

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wilson
Lati Fadz Binks*
MvE Sheaf Hamer Dasilva
Palmer
Wright Simms

Collins, Bidwell, Howley, Eccles, Kelly, Sakamoto, Stretton, Godden, Obikwu

Assuming Thomas not fit.

Give Wright and Simms time together on the pitch. Hopefully they'll be able to get their accounts started and gain some confidence. Bit worried they may be feeling the pressure after our start and could worry about fan reaction and if they miss a few chances the crowd could get impatient.

If necessary could go to the box. Either bring Sakamoto in for a striker or move Hamer up and slot Eccles into DCM.

Hincha

Crazy that they have gone from a front 2 of Akpom & Archer (55 goal contributions in 78 games in 22/23) in the play offs to Rogers & Crooks (16 goal contributions in 57 games in 22/23) against Milwall last week.

Macca

I remember when we beat them at home when Marlon King scored his first goal for us and they barely brought 1000 down

That being said they’ve always brought a fair few since our return to the Championship

That was a terrible terrible game if it was the one with a late penalty. And cold

DannyThomas_1981

Wilson
Lati Fadz Binks*
MvE Sheaf Hamer Dasilva
Palmer
Wright Simms

Collins, Bidwell, Howley, Eccles, Kelly, Sakamoto, Stretton, Godden, Obikwu

Assuming Thomas not fit.

Give Wright and Simms time together on the pitch. Hopefully they'll be able to get their accounts started and gain some confidence. Bit worried they may be feeling the pressure after our start and could worry about fan reaction and if they miss a few chances the crowd could get impatient.

If necessary could go to the box. Either bring Sakamoto in for a striker or move Hamer up and slot Eccles into DCM.
Exactly what I would go for SBD.

Could argue that Sakamoto starts ahead of Palmer or even ahead of MvE (as he gets up to speed) at RWB.

And as you point out a box of Sheaf - Hamer - Palmer- Sakamoto - I def would like to see that at some stage.

Wright-Simms has to be the striking pair this season - if not our summer recruitment doesn't make a lot of sense.

edgy

1691739955110.png

Eccles for MVE for me. Early days for MVE, appears he needs some coaching on how the wing backs operate under Robins. Clearly wants to attack as much as possible but until the league settles down, we dont know which teams he can do that against.

I suspect Thomas will play and was omitted on Wednesday as a precaution. Failing which Binks in and swap Lati over.

Simms & Wright simply need minutes alongside each other. I'm confident they'll form a good partnership with the qualities they each bring.

I want to see Sakamoto used in the 10 role, not wasted in either of the wing back slots. So Palmer gets the nod, with the expectation of 60-70 mins then bring him on.

Be good to get 80+ mins out of Gus for this one.

Nothing much to fear against Boro, they dont appear to be the side they were a few months ago. Akpom unlikely to play, Archer not there. The threat doesn't seem to be anywhere near as sharp.

2-0 Cov. Wright & Simms - all is well again.

Covcraig@bury

I’m having to miss this game well fucked off but I am very confident that we will click so putting £10 on 4-1 City . Hamer,Palmer,Sheaf and Moto . Then we kick on . Enjoy the win you filthy animals #PUSB onwards and upwards

Offhegoes

View attachment 31344

Eccles for MVE for me. Early days for MVE, appears he needs some coaching on how the wing backs operate under Robins. Clearly wants to attack as much as possible but until the league settles down, we dont know which teams he can do that against.

I suspect Thomas will play and was omitted on Wednesday as a precaution. Failing which Binks in and swap Lati over.

Simms & Wright simply need minutes alongside each other. I'm confident they'll form a good partnership with the qualities they each bring.

I want to see Sakamoto used in the 10 role, not wasted in either of the wing back slots. So Palmer gets the nod, with the expectation of 60-70 mins then bring him on.

Be good to get 80+ mins out of Gus for this one.

Nothing much to fear against Boro, they dont appear to be the side they were a few months ago. Akpom unlikely to play, Archer not there. The threat doesn't seem to be anywhere near as sharp.

2-0 Cov. Wright & Simms - all is well again.
That would be my team, but I can't see Godden being dropped. I would expect Wright & Godden to start up top. Hopefully Thomas will be fit.

PVA

So no Hamer then...

Does Van Ewijk start so Eccles can play in the middle?

Or does Kelly start with Eccles at RWB?

I'd much prefer the first option.

Users who are viewing this thread