Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (3 Viewers)

steve101

Kelly did not do anything but apart from one forward pass, kept it going sideways and gottackled off the ball a few times for being too slow. laked forward vision or any real attempt to push forward. often had nowhere to go. Did he even get a tackle in? The game passes him by a lot. At times he is still lovely on the ball but offers the team nothing much I'm afraid. When eccles came on the ball started moving forward faster. Don't get me wrong, he did nothing really bad but there was nothing to his contribution apart from one long through ball.
He did exactly what would be expected for his role and he did it relentlessly. Takes discipline and know-how to play the way he does. Link the team, dictate the pace and let the creative players be creative. He was exceptional considering the little football he has played imo.

pusbccfc

Enjoyable that. Easiest money the club will ever make.

Helps forget about Friday.

Martin180

He did exactly what would be expected for his role and he did it relentlessly. Takes discipline and know-how to play the way he does. Link the team, dictate the pace and let the creative players be creative. He was exceptional considering the little football he has played imo.
My only worry with him was he looked very pedestrian when Maidstone countered , against wba that would concern me . He did have a fine game tonight doing the simple things well

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Kelly did not do anything but apart from one forward pass, kept it going sideways and gottackled off the ball a few times for being too slow. laked forward vision or any real attempt to push forward. often had nowhere to go. Did he even get a tackle in? The game passes him by a lot. At times he is still lovely on the ball but offers the team nothing much I'm afraid. When eccles came on the ball started moving forward faster. Don't get me wrong, he did nothing really bad but there was nothing to his contribution apart from one long through ball.
His forward passes led to the first 3 goals…

Martin180

Comedy moment of the game for me was Kitching trying to play like John Stones and play as a 10 and making a complete mess of it

David O'Day

If Wilson had did what their keeper did for the 5th then there would be a meltdown on here

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Anyway, fairplay Maidstone and I hope you enjoyed it as long as you aren't the fella who got back to his car let a dog out he'd keep in the back for about 3 hours and proceeded to let it poo all over place and didn't clean up after

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Grendel

They'd have been as bewildered on the day, given they absolutely battered them.

Guess it's what happens if you have a Championship level keeper in your midst.

True. I expect he will be snapped up by someone in the summer.

CCFCSteve

I think we all nodded approval the way he came and grabbed the ball a couple of times in the 1st half

Didn’t realise keepers were allowed to do that

Professional performance and great for simms to keep his run of goals going (strikers don’t care who they score against). Took the first one really well. Also chuffed for Tavares after coming back off a bad injury

Hopefully no injuries although robins mentioned Wright took a knock and we go again Friday for the big one

Users who are viewing this thread