Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (3 Viewers)

ccfcchris

Football is a cruel world in the eyes of the fans. Tavares not deemed good enough but scores two goals. Hardly played for the first team this season. Good luck to the lad and I hope tonight has done his confidence a world of good.

Not all players hit the ground running. Give him a chance.

fatso

Really pleased for Simms, not just for tonight but the last few weeks. It's starting to click for him and he seems a nice lad.
That was his best performance by far, even taking the opposition into account, he was a handful throughout and deserved his goals and mom award.
He's shown what he's capable of, hopefully the goals will give him even more confidence.

Brighton Sky Blue

Professional job, clean sheet and we move on. Hopefully either a winnable quarter final or a glamorous way to bow out, but will probably be Bournemouth/Lesta away

Paxman II

I had seen so many shit performances against under dogs over the years. Well done City on a professional performance.

Simms and Palmer will get the plaudits but I thought Kelly had an excellent game. He knows when to play short and when to go long.

Kitching was solid and commanding at the back.

Also Tavares had a good game and took his goals well. Against Wrexham last year got a nasty freak injury. He still has a lot of work to do but that will do his confidence the world of good.

Great lay off by Godden for Tavares 2nd.

Time to focus on WBA now!

How'd he show that, by completely bossing the midfield?
Kelly did not do anything but apart from one forward pass, kept it going sideways and gottackled off the ball a few times for being too slow. laked forward vision or any real attempt to push forward. often had nowhere to go. Did he even get a tackle in? The game passes him by a lot. At times he is still lovely on the ball but offers the team nothing much I'm afraid. When eccles came on the ball started moving forward faster. Don't get me wrong, he did nothing really bad but there was nothing to his contribution apart from one long through ball.

Tommo1993

I’m having two predictions.

We’ll have an early wobble and they’ll break the deadlock, and we flatten them 7-1.

Or just a comprehensive 5-0 Cov win and they don’t get a sniff.

They had that one early second half when he hit side netting.

Hertsccfc

Football is a cruel world in the eyes of the fans. Tavares not deemed good enough but scores two goals. Hardly played for the first team this season. Good luck to the lad and I hope tonight has done his confidence a world of good.

Not all players hit the ground running. Give him a chance.
Yes. His second game since being out for a year. People were writing off O'Hare after more than two games of his return.

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

I have to say, and with the caveat it was lower league opposition, but although I didn’t think so after the first five or ten I thought Kelly was very dependable tonight - particularly alongside Torpplayed it simple and I’m not sure he played a bad pass / gave the ball away for the vast majority of the game..

Hopefully he can carry that into the league until Sheaf is back

Also I’m not sure most people were having a go at Tavares being on, just that he looked pretty poor, which was the case for about 65/70 minutes, but fair play for sticking at it and scoring twice - again hopefully he pulls his socks up while he’s needed, maybe as an option up front down the middle..

stay_up_skyblues

Job done. If Kelly is now fully fit I’d start him with Torp V West Brom. Don’t think we lose the midfield with those two in like we did Friday and Eccles needs to sit a few out, much as i rate him.

Hopefully that kick starts Simms to be more clinical in the league. Needs service though.

Would like to see Palmer and COH both feeding Simms but not sure how you fit both in.

As for Tav, I didn’t think he was that bad before he scored. Caused some problems and that long ball he plucked out the air first time was as good a first touch as I’ve seen. Van Persie-esq. Dogshit finish after though 🤣. Not sure he can do it week in week out in the league but the management seem to fancy him so he may have something.

NorthernWisdom

Thought the midfield was dreadful TBH.
HumBugTrad.jpg

Hobo

Tavares did not have a good game. He was very poor apart from the last 5 mins

He has come off the pitch scoring two goals. He worked hard and did some good pressing in the first half which you obviously didn't notice?

He has come back from a bad injury. He may not be our future but I hope he has a future in football. Give the lad a break. Tonight he achieved more than O'Hare who came on looked busy but no end product.

hamertime

Tavares looked poor first half, did a couple of unbelievable touches then fluffed the finish. 2 goals will do his confidence the world of good. Get a good home draw in the cup and the fanbase will be buzzing, anything can happen.

It’sabatch87

Itv no Robins interview, disgrace, stick your minder and sweeney and professionals up your arse.
Elikobi was class I must admit!!

Hobo

Kelly did not do anything but apart from one forward pass, kept it going sideways and gottackled off the ball a few times for being too slow. laked forward vision or any real attempt to push forward. often had nowhere to go. Did he even get a tackle in? The game passes him by a lot. At times he is still lovely on the ball but offers the team nothing much I'm afraid. When eccles came on the ball started moving forward faster. Don't get me wrong, he did nothing really bad but there was nothing to his contribution apart from one long through ball.

Let's be honest they were well leggy by the time Eccles came on. I stand by the fact Kelly had a good game.

Evo1883

Like a training session second half , we basically got through in 2nd gear .. hoping for man city or Liverpool, home or away tbh don't care

Users who are viewing this thread