Match Thread Coventry City - Maidstone United [FA] Match Thread - Monday 26th Feb (3 Viewers)

pusbccfc

All blocks available have pretty much just singles left besides from the family zone which is half empty?

A reminder to people, the family zone section is open to all and not just ST holders.

JohnWH

Someone(s) from yesterday's starting line up needs to be in, marshaling enthusiasm and really taking personal responsibility and ownership of the squad performance on field against Maidstone. Really need everyone to step up set a positive tempo. Goals should be available and a massive opportunity to shake off the non confidence shown yesterday. I'd even like to see Wilson and Bobby--even Jay-- get the chance. It's not so much a reflection of the league position of our visitors, but a reflection that professionals need to learn how to take the best foot forward to the next available game.

There's likely to be one or two expected changes (Fabio, probably Godden). I'll wait for the line up announcement to make my usual incorrect score prediction.

Hincha

Collins
Lati Thomas Kitch Bidwell
Eccles Kelly
Tav Palmer Da Silva
Godden

Surely good enough to get it done. Hopefully can take Thomas/Eccles/Bidwell off early for to rest for WBA.

Otis

Collins
Lati Thomas Kitch Bidwell
Eccles Kelly
Tav Palmer Da Silva
Godden

Surely good enough to get it done. Hopefully can take Thomas/Eccles/Bidwell off early for to rest for WBA.
I can see JDS being given another go. It was such a bad mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if MR picks him again, with a demand for a much better performance and plays him a little higher up the pitch.

Be interesting to see if he gives them all a kick up the backside and gives them a chance to put it right. Could go one of two ways. Punished and dropped, or chance to put it right.

I don't think it will be quite the same side though.

If you bring Bidwell in and push JDS further up, that then replaces Sakamoto.

Palmer may well get the nod too though.

Boicey

I think jds will play as we should be attacking most the time.
Also think Kelly will play as he’s fronting some of the CCFC promo.
Collins back I guess.
Really need Simms, Wright to impose themselves on a game like this.

Grendel

I can see JDS being given another go. It was such a bad mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if MR picks him again, with a demand for a much better performance and plays him a little higher up the pitch.

Be interesting to see if he gives them all a kick up the backside and gives them a chance to put it right. Could go one of two ways. Punished and dropped, or chance to put it right.

I don't think it will be quite the same side though.

If you bring Bidwell in and push JDS further up, that then replaces Sakamoto.

Palmer may well get the nod too though.

Dasilva should play so he can stay away from the team at West Brom

skyblue_55

If we get a corner, isn’t there anyone other than Eccles , that can put a ball in , that doesn’t hit the first defender ?
Torp will surely not be needed for this match ?

Ashdown

Can’t see this anti Binks talk he’s had better games but he was far from our worst defender on the day, you have to look what was in front of him.
I wouldn’t spend big money on him. He just hasn’t got the ability to spot a gap and carry the ball into midfield out of trouble like Kitching or even McFadzean did. That makes all the difference. He passes sideways, backwards or fizzeing balls into feet. Not the future .

Otis

If we get a corner, isn’t there anyone other than Eccles , that can put a ball in , that doesn’t hit the first defender ?
If Eccles is going to be taking them, I think we need to send Jay Da Silva up into the box for corners

skybluericoh

Just looked at the goals from last night. The first they’ve obviously practiced the routine, but we should have defended that. Our fault.
2nd GK makes a good save defender then plays keep ball in the box under pressure. Our fault again.
3rd they play a hard fast turnover, quick ball into the box defender try to clear it, goes in. If he had left it probably goes out for a throw in to us, but the ball in was hard and he was under some pressure to play, bad luck but our fault again.
We will not be making them mistakes again so quickly and not that many in one game. (Fingers crossed) 🤞

Milne Out

If Eccles is going to be taking them, I think we need to send Jay Da Silva up into the box for corners
I can’t be the only one to think that if someone gave me between £10 - 20k per week, I’d be able to resurrect my 3 studded Puma Kings from the bin, turn up for training ,and ping a corner in better than a lot I have seen over the last few years
Woeful, always makes you think , what on earth are they doing all week ?
Maybe , back in the day, we were just blessed with Gary McAllister laser guiding his across with ease

slowpoke

Just looked at the goals from last night. The first they’ve obviously practiced the routine, but we should have defended that. Our fault.
2nd GK makes a good save defender then plays keep ball in the box under pressure. Our fault again.
3rd they play a hard fast turnover, quick ball into the box defender try to clear it, goes in. If he had left it probably goes out for a throw in to us, but the ball in was hard and he was under some pressure to play, bad luck but our fault again.
We will not be making them mistakes again so quickly and not that many in one game. (Fingers crossed) 🤞
Genuine question were any of the goals goalkeeping mistakes,I don’t think any were to be honest

slowpoke

Genuine question were any of the goals goalkeeping mistakes,I don’t think any were to be honest.

Matt smith

Collins
Lati
Thomas
Kitching
Bidwell
Kelly
Eccles
Simms
Palmer
Wright
Godden

rest MVE Torp and O hare

take wright off if we’re winning convincingly

long way home

Can’t see this anti Binks talk he’s had better games but he was far from our worst defender on the day, you have to look what was in front of him.

Its not that Binks is bad i just want him ready for west brom on the Friday.. Im not anti Binks, far from it

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Keep changing my mind.

Started thinking go strong, get the game won and rest players. Then thought play the lesser used squad players and have the decent players on the bench in case. After last night I was back to thinking full strength and hammer them.

Do we go for the better attacking/ball playing defenders as we'll have possession a lot, or go for more physical players as they'll likely try to be bully us. Especially after seeing Dasilva.

Midfield has a lot of injuries, so do we play a lot attackers like Palmer and O'Hare alongside one more defensive midfielder as we'll be in possession, or would that given them a chance to be physically dominant

At this moment, I'll say
Collins
MVE Kitching Binks Dasilva
O'Hare Kelly Palmer
Simms Godden Tavares

Wilson, Bidwell, Thomas, Lati, Eccles, Torp, Wright, Lusala, Stretton

I know that's two left footed CB's but I think it's worth the experiment. Thomas has looked mentally tired last few games.

shmmeee

Keep changing my mind.

Started thinking go strong, get the game won and rest players. Then thought play the lesser used squad players and have the decent players on the bench in case. After last night I was back to thinking full strength and hammer them.

Do we go for the better attacking/ball playing defenders as we'll have possession a lot, or go for more physical players as they'll likely try to be bully us. Especially after seeing Dasilva.

Midfield has a lot of injuries, so do we play a lot attackers like Palmer and O'Hare alongside one more defensive midfielder as we'll be in possession, or would that given them a chance to be physically dominant

At this moment, I'll say
Collins
MVE Kitching Binks Dasilva
O'Hare Kelly Palmer
Simms Godden Tavares

Wilson, Bidwell, Thomas, Lati, Eccles, Torp, Wright, Lusala, Stretton

I know that's two left footed CB's but I think it's worth the experiment. Thomas has looked mentally tired last few games.

Problem with bringing in a lot of younger players and foreign league players I think is they just haven’t played this many games. Thomas for example is on 34, the most he’s done in a season is 25.

Hincha

Feels like we’re giving Maidstone a chance if we play Da Silva at LB. He’s not a LB and will be targeted.

Hincha

Problem with bringing in a lot of younger players and foreign league players I think is they just haven’t played this many games. Thomas for example is on 34, the most he’s done in a season is 25.

Yep. Hamer & Gyok had similar issues with fatigue in their first season of playing a 46 game season.

Next year a lot of players will be better placed to deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread