Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (4 Viewers)

EalingSB

What a great feeling this morning. Was impressed at the airport last night - must have been at least 20 Cov fans on the evening flight back to Dublin. Spoke to a few of them and they’d come in and out on the day. Didn’t see any Leicester shirts.

Evo1883

I said with 10 men. Second half they didn't look in serious danger of conceding till they did.

I really don't get what your issue is with a manager saying he's proud and happy with his side that were down to 10 men losing in last few mins of the game. It can only be bias and rivalry.
To be fair it's half to break down a 9 man low block .. the extra man advantage doesn't mean too much defensively In this scenario for leicester

covcity4life

To be fair it's half to break down a 9 man low block .. the extra man advantage doesn't mean too much defensively In this scenario for leicester
Which is why it's not terrible tactics to employ it

Jose mourinho inter parking bus at nouvcamp is one of the best tactical masterclasses I have ever seen.

It's a tik tok social media influencers world now though and parking bus is seen as something only poor teams do.

It clearly can work when you are trying to hold on to something

If you don't concede then great mission accomplished. if you do then the hindsight brigade come out

Evo1883

Jose mourinho inter parking bus at nouvcamp is one of the best tactical masterclasses I have ever seen.

It's a tik tok social media influencers world now though and parking bus is seen as something only poor teams do.

Ah no we played a very Jose esc style at Leeds away for 70 minutes , got to do what gets the points

MAFF

unreal meltdown from the leicester lot because they lost one game they supposedly didn't care about. love to see it.

Grendel

I didn't think they were good when they went to 10 men, our tempo was just not quick enough, we didn't stretch the play wide enough and when we did get the ball out wide there wasn't enough people in the box. Then we made the changes, the tempo quickened, we used the width better and we actually had people in the box.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

We created more once the changes made than we did in the whole game before - other than the early Sakamoto chance we didn’t threaten at all and struggled to test the keeper - it all changed - Simms in particular offered a more physical presence and looked up for it

shmmeee

We created more once the changes made than we did in the whole game before - other than the early Sakamoto chance we didn’t threaten at all and struggled to test the keeper - it all changed - Simms in particular offered a more physical presence and looked up for it

And the sitter O’Hare missed.

Terry Gibson's perm

If you don't concede then great mission accomplished. if you do then the hindsight brigade come out

Pep and his ex crew all moan when teams stifle the game against them but if they do it we have to respect it as a masterclass, I like Pep but his followers that have gone elsewhere have hardly gone into challenging jobs Arteta massive budget, the other two have gone into the richest team in the championship and sone what was expected.

Grendel

Unfortunately when clubs do it to then these managers tend to whine and cry it’s ruining the game

Mourinho was just a wanker who relied on snarling intimidation a lot of the time when his success started to decline

Evo1883

Unfortunately when clubs do it to then these managers tend to whine and cry it’s ruining the game

Mourinho was just a wanker who relied on snarling intimidation a lot of the time when his success started to decline
In mourinhos defence , its only 1 club where he's not won a trophy .. spurs

And they sacked hime before the cup final

An elite level manager who's statistically one of the most successful ever, his Chelsea team in the mid 2000s was formidable and his madrid team super exciting and he won the chanpions league with Porto..

Brighton Sky Blue

An elite level manager who's statistically one of the most successful ever, his Chelsea team in the mid 2000s was formidable and his madrid team super exciting and he won the chanpions league with Porto..
Got Man Utd to their highest finish post Fergie too which may as well be equivalent to a title

HadjiChippo

An elite level manager who's statistically one of the most successful ever
Mourinho built tough teams that were incredibly hard to beat (Inter Milan ‘10, Chelsea ‘05 and ‘06 are statistically the best Defence in PL history that’ll probably never be matched, Porto champions league run etc.,)

“Parking the bus” is a legit style of play, if it was an easy cheat code everyone would do it but it requires the right mentality and players to fit that system. Jose was a master at finding those players, and then getting them to run through brick walls for him.

Last edited:

Gynnsthetonic

After all yesterday's controversial desicions still never in a million years do I support VAR, goal line technology yes but the VAR can fuck itself, if those decisions yesterday had given a red to Thomas and reversed the red card it would of sucked the atmosphere away. I did say this at half time by the way while they were winning.

Hertsccfc

Whoever they play I want Leicester to get smashed every game .The sheer arrogance and sense of entitlement of every faction of their miserable club is quite frankly a massive embarrassment to football generally.
I think it's in our interests for them to win their matches. We won't catch them and we want them to take points off the others.

covcity4life

He has reignited Roma's Fanbase. Won won euro title and pen shootout from a second.

Hope he wins Europa this year

stupot07

We hit the post in the first five minutes, O'Hare missed another good chance in the first half and we had a number of other half chances.
That's what we're saying. Saka, O'Hare and the Godden header in the second half were our best chances, until the 78 minute mark. After that, we scored and looked miles more dangerous.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

covcity4life

Cos Leicester players and Cov players are the same. Tactically they were poor and handed us the game. They had enough quality to hold their own and bottled it then blamed the ref and the illuminati.

Bad management. No matter how much you love Pep and Co.
Mate don't try make a narrative that I love Enzo and think he's the best thing since slice bread please. It's silly

I don't like Leicester and hope they collapse and don't get promoted.

Can't see it happening mind

Astute

It still don't make him a bad manager. My original response was to btec pep will get hammered in prem comment. Just saying no evidence to suggest that just yet.
It makes him a deluded manager who is being swept away with the media attention.

ccfcmad1

Sour grapes from these lot from the manager players to the fans suck it up boys and take it in the chin PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread