Match Thread Coventry City - Leicester City Match Thread - Saturday 13th Jan (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Leicester City match, tactics and predictions :)

Hutch11

Hope he goes with what I would describe as our strongest 11
Kitching in for Binks even though I rate Binks highly
Wright, Sakamoto and Simms in front of O'Hare with Sheaf and Eccles behind
Harsh on Binks, Lati and Palmer but they're great to have as options from the bench

shmmeee

Collins
MvE Thomas Kitching Bidwell
Eccles Sheaf
Saka O’Hare Wright
Simms

S: Wilson, Lats, Fadz, Binks, Dasilva, Allen, Palmer, Godden, Tavares

0-2 loss. Totally free hit, think they’ll have too much for us.

Eccles in cos he’s a Cov lad and there’s not too much in it with him and Latibeaudiere. If we go ahead probably bring Lats on to shore things up. Simms for his physical attributes and my own bloody mindedness that he must start scoring if he plays enough.

Robinshio

Collins
Eccles Sheaf
Saka O’Hare Wright
Simms

Eccles in cos he’s a Cov lad and there’s not too much in it with him and Latibeaudiere. If we go ahead probably bring Lats on to shore things up. Simms for his physical attributes and my own bloody mindedness that he must start scoring if he plays enough.
same team for me but Palmer instead of Simms
I dont think any team can cope with a front 4 of Saka O Hare Palmer Wright

shmmeee

Wright in the ST role or Palmer in a false 9?

I wouldn’t try it against a Leicester but I’d like to see us try 4141 at some point with two AMs.

napolimp

Collins
Eccles Sheaf
Saka O’Hare Wright
Simms

This, but Kelly instead of Fadz on the bench. I'd rather they go midfield heavy if there are 5 on the pitch.

stupot07

We won't dominate the ball like we did on Saturday, Leicester have won 21 of 26 games, we will likely be on the back foot most of the game like against Leeds, we will need Simms for an out ball, and hope he can make it stick.

If you go Wright up top, the ball won't stick, and Palmer will go walkies leaving us vulnerable on the left, or you play Palmer as a false 9 we become too deep, and the ball doesn't stick.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Jamesimus

Apparently our “biggest game for years” (Leicester fan says so…) if you ignore all the important games at the end of the last season and the games we are more bothered about winning this season!

Not expecting anything from this one myself, but hopefully we give a decent enough account of ourselves.

Major Tom

Collins
Eccles Sheaf
Saka O’Hare Wright
Simms

The fact that they are due a loss at some point is what I'm hanging onto ...

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Collins
Eccles Sheaf
Saka O’Hare Wright
Simms

Was gonna say similar about Lati

Gibbo

The team to be that most favoured above -
Collins, the best back 4, Callum, Josh & Ben with Wright, Simms and Saka. Could possibly swap Lati for Eccles.
I see no reason for us to not get at least a point. We are playing well, have a solid defence and good options on the bench

Because it is so close in the places outside the top six, a defeat could mean a drop to 12th or below.

Gibbo

...and if Wright is out, then Palmer comes in but the formation is tweaked from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2

David O'Day

No need to change any formation with Palmer on the left for this one as Leicester's RB isn't going to bomb o and will likely spend all their time in possession standing in a cdm position

David O'Day

Most likely but if he does he can’t be playing the free role he did Saturday.
why? their RB isn't going to play in their possession stages as a traditional rb, they'll be at cdm and thus likely to be pretty close to whee palmer would be anyway.

SleepyGinger

why? their RB isn't going to play in their possession stages as a traditional rb, they'll be at cdm and thus likely to be pretty close to whee palmer would be anyway.
We’ve still got to be a structured defensive unit, same way we’ve got results against Leeds and Southampton. If Palmer is playing where ever he wants they will pick us off quite easily. Obviously Robins will know this is a different game to Oxford and will plan accordingly.

David O'Day

We’ve still got to be a structured defensive unit, same way we’ve got results against Leeds and Southampton. If Palmer is playing where ever he wants they will pick us off quite easily. Obviously Robins will know this is a different game to Oxford and will plan accordingly.
But that doesn't mean playing the same way as in those games

On the ball they will be in a 3-2-2-3 shape so if our left forward is spending more time in a CM position then that is ok. Having the left forward rigidly stick to the left and play at times just in front of the lb is pointless against Leicester.. They will flood the centre of the midfield and keep possession.

SeaSeeEffCee

Hopefully Wright will be fit for this, don’t think Palmer will offer enough defensively for this sort of game.

SkyBlueSoul

Not expecting anything from this. Said in the other thread, they're a PL team in everything but name. We won't get rolled over and could manage a draw but I think it'll be a narrow defeat, 2-1. If Wright is fit then the team picks itself (hopefully Kitching is up to speed after missing 3 games)

Collins
Sheaf Eccles
Saka O'Hare Wright
Simms

On another note I hope we can at least top 30k for what's being billed as another potential "sell out" in the standard areas. I've not seen the seats next to the dugout released yet, and I'm guessing block 5 will be used for the Sky platform again so there's a chance we won't.

Gynnsthetonic

Not expecting anything from this. Said in the other thread, they're a PL team in everything but name. We won't get rolled over and could manage a draw but I think it'll be a narrow defeat, 2-1. If Wright is fit then the team picks itself (hopefully Kitching is up to speed after missing 3 games)

Collins
Sheaf Eccles
Saka O'Hare Wright
Simms

On another note I hope we can at least top 30k for what's being billed as another potential "sell out" in the standard areas. I've not seen the seats next to the dugout released yet, and I'm guessing block 5 will be used for the Sky platform again so there's a chance we won't.
Dugout seats sold already

Users who are viewing this thread