Match Thread Coventry City - Bristol City FC Match Thread - Tuesday 30th Jan (2 Viewers)

alexccfc99

I thought that 4 goals really flattered that game last night as it was completely dull as dishwater for the most part

Not going to grumble at a point after going 2-1 down after the 80th minute mind, especially cause I thought it was one of our poorer performances as of late

skyblu3sk

But we brought on Lati tonight who is basically a centre half , how more defensive do we need ?
Is Lati the answer? If you look through the thread from tonight it seems not. I don't think he's too bad in midfield btw but not the best of games tonight like the rest of the squad.

OldBedrocker

We’ve looked very lacklustre in the last couple of games both as a team and individuals not sure why, but we’ve still not lost which is a good sign . Hopefully it’s just a short blip and we step up again.

Brighton Sky Blue

We’ve looked very lacklustre in the last couple of games both as a team and individuals but still not lost not sure why. Hopefully it’s just a short blip and we step up again
Didn’t look poor in the league game at Sheffield and attribute the cup mostly to that turgid formation. Last night Sheaf going off that early would be a factor

Macca

He's been given shite from his own fans for months, he bites back in a really tame way and the same meatheads calling him useless turn it to pearl clutching fannies.

Pathetic
200.gif

A positive reaction to the many fans who have sung his name and clapped him off despite him offering very little would have been better

shmmeee

I didn’t see it being at the other end. Was it obviously to our fans and not the side we’d just scored an equaliser against?

shmmeee

I think it’s hangover a bit from the Leicester game and the two Wednesday games, Robins said there was a lot of emotional baggage after the Wednesday games, plus the pitch, plus the adrenaline of a late win against Leicester. A come down was inevitable.

Macca

Looking at the replay Simms shushing seemed to be almost at a specific area. Wonder if someone over there was giving he shit and he could hear them?

If I was aimed at some pissed twat who had been abusive then good on him. If it was at the fans in general who have backed him despite getting not much back then that’s embarrassing

Offhegoes

I would of brought on Kelly last night (if he was on the bench) but I think his absence speaks volumes, in terms of his future. Lati might be an option at DM at tough away games like Leeds, but not at home against a mid table team. Clearly Robins should of brought Torp on then, but understandable that he was cautious not to throw him in straight away.

Mucca Mad Boys

I would have brought on Kelly last night (if he was on the bench) but I think his absence speaks volumes, in terms of his future. Lati might be an option at DM at tough away games like Leeds, but not at home against a mid table team. Clearly Robins should have brought Torp on then, but understandable that he was cautious not to throw him in straight away.
Torp isn’t considered ready to play 90m yet. He’s just had a mini preseason and will be lacking match fitness.

Now we’ve got to get him up to speed.

As for Kells, I’m not sure what difference he would’ve made for better to be honest.

stupot07

Palmer Wright Sakamoto front three next game please.

Palmer is crying out for a striker to play a through ball to.

Pleased for Simms tonight but we can’t go into Saturday carrying a striker.
I don't want to see Palmer on the left again. He wants to play in the same spaces as O'Hare, never makes runs in behind to stretch play, provides little width, spends most of his time too central. We should bring in another winger who can play both sides, and Palmer goes back to competing with O'Hare for the 10.

We didn't carry Simms at all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

slowpoke

Have to be grateful with the point.
Not bringing Torp on when Sheaf came off big mistake. I don’t get this “he’s not ready yet” he looked more ready than most of the others on the pitch.
Still unbeaten for a while but we need a striker at least, talk Robins says no one else to come in, big risk.

Mucca Mad Boys

I hear that, but I think he has to start.

Latibeaudiere or Kelly to come on for him.
I think he’ll start v Norwich and be subbed after 60-75m. He looked tidy and composed on the ball.

On early viewing, a definite upgrade.

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't want to see Palmer on the left again. He wants to play in the same spaces as O'Hare, never makes runs in behind to stretch play, provides little width, spends most of his time too central. We should bring in another winger who can play both sides, and Palmer goes back to competing with O'Hare for the 10.

We didn't carry Simms at all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I think COH had a frustrating game too. We need to be more direct in some areas and there were times I felt he slowed us down somewhat.

It could also apply to a few other players. The team looked leggy/tired.

jordan210

Last night was a strange game. We never got going.

It was really congested in the middle so could not play from it. But we dint use Bidwell on the left. Every time COH or Palmer got the ball was 3/4 Bristol around them.

Having no real outlet up top dint help. A few times a great ball came from the right but no one in the centre.

Overall just a lacklustre performance and hopefully a one off

Mucca Mad Boys

Worryingly it was Sheaf going off in both cases that made us look so turgid.
It’s performances like this that demonstrate that our midfield isn’t as strong as some claim.

We had Hamer & Sheaf last season remember. Torp’s first impressions are positive but Eccles needs to elevate his game even more if Sheaf is out for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread