Match Thread Coventry City - Birmingham City Match Thread - Friday 8th Dec (2 Viewers)

Nuskyblue

I must be the only one who doesn't see anything in Sakamoto, nice feint but little end product to date. As poor as Godden was on Saturday I'd still be inclined to go with him and Simms instead of Saka.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Sakamoto all day for me. We look a more dangerous proposition with him on the pitch IMO.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

433 for me. Back to the formation that was actually working. Simms in for Godden. Not because Simms really deserves it, but Godden has been so shit recently that he deserves a chance.

Collins
Van Ewijk, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
Eccles, Sheaf, Allen
Sakamoto, Simms, Wright

Ccfcsj

Sakamoto all day for me. We look a more dangerous proposition with him on the pitch IMO.
He does come across to me as a one trick pony but he does that trick very well and defenders struggle to read when he is going to do it. He just needs to bulk up a bit

SkyBlueSoul

Is this the beginnings of an "Is Sakamoto the new Ryan Kent" debate I see forming?

2024/25 League 1 Champs?

Drop Eccles and Allen out of most of the teams on here, and play Lati and O’Hare… pivots

Godden needs a rest, Simms in the middle and Wright / Saka either side

Back line picks itself at the minute I think

Robins is on thin ice with a lot of fans at the minute and losing support quickly, these next few team selections are likely vital for him

alexccfc99

With or without context this is mental, the ramblings of someone that should be spending the majority of their days in a room with padded walls.
There is no context to make it even sound better

Even before they come into money Man City had won more trophies than Birmingham City have and ever will win

Knew that lot were a bunch of arseholes, but didn’t have them down as deluded as well, never seen a takeover get to a set of fans heads more

fernandopartridge

Drop Eccles and Allen out of most of the teams on here, and play Lati and O’Hare… pivots

Godden needs a rest, Simms in the middle and Wright / Saka either side

Back line picks itself at the minute I think

Robins is on thin ice with a lot of fans at the minute and losing support quickly, these next few team selections are likely vital for him

Lati in midfield lol

O'Hare as a pivot lol

Great_Expectations

Pissed off this was moved as I have an event I can’t miss. However I will be either finding a TV, or worst case my phone, to watch. Either way it’s a rubbish game to miss.

We all think the team picks itself, but who’d have predicted the last team selection!

Back to 4-3-3 with Simms for Godden please.

I also wonder if he’s considering trying to shoehorn COH in, which either means a forward is dropped or he’ll play in the midfield three.

PVA

O'Hare as a pivot?!

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

SBT

I must be the only one who doesn't see anything in Sakamoto, nice feint but little end product to date. As poor as Godden was on Saturday I'd still be inclined to go with him and Simms instead of Saka.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
He is always going to be a popular player because his best attributes (work rate; running at defenders) are classic crowd-pleasers

TomRad85

Blues do have a somewhat overinflated opinion of their size .. considering their trophy cabinet is basically as empty as ours
Nice way of saying Blues fans are a bunch of delusional, brain dead, mutants.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

They can bang the attendance drum sure .. but they are in a city of over 1 million people and they get 21k
We never seem to be at a similar level very long but all being equal I wouldn't be surprised if we got bigger crowds. Not that I think attendance is a thing worth bragging about anyway. Always found bragging about other people going to a game a bit odd, each individual attending a game is equal.

Evo1883

We never seem to be at a similar level very long but all being equal I wouldn't be surprised if we got bigger crowds. Not that I think attendance is a thing worth bragging about anyway. Always found bragging about other people going to a game a bit odd, each individual attending a game is equal.

On current attendances coventry are only beaten home and away by villa and wolves in the west midlands

Basically , being shit for so long made everybody think we had no fans 🤣

TomRad85

On current attendances coventry are only beaten home and away by villa and wolves in the west midlands

Basically , being shit for so long made everybody think we had no fans
I meet Cov fans fucking everywhere. I've never met a Blues or Albion fan outside of various West Midlands shitholes in my life.

TomRad85

I met one in Malta in summer. He was sound tbf. I usually find them OK to be honest, far preferable to arrogant dickhead Villa fans.
I always find they hold the bizarre opinion that they are a far superior football club to us and indeed just generally think they are a far bigger deal than they are in reality. Better than Villa fans? Hard to say... different. Villa fans are a bunch of tossers too.

baldy

I met one in Malta in summer. He was sound tbf. I usually find them OK to be honest, far preferable to arrogant dickhead Villa fans.

It might’ve been my brother - his fiances dad is from there & they go every summer virtually (obviously my bro’s a bluenose too)

NorthernWisdom

I must be the only one who doesn't see anything in Sakamoto, nice feint but little end product to date
I do see what you mean, he also has a knack of checking back before trying to beat his man again, which slows it all down and allows defences to regroup.

That said, he did score and there's promise if he can adapt to the pace of thought in this division as much as anything.

Users who are viewing this thread