Match Thread Coventry City - Birmingham City Match Thread - Friday 8th Dec (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - Birmingham City match, tactics and predictions :)

pusbccfc

Nuskyblue

Back to what was working before Robins lost it again. Simms for Godden though please.

We'll win if so. Blues are shite.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Blues have been dreadful since the appointment of Rooney, so has to be back to winning ways for this one. Go with the same starting lineup as against Plymouth with the exception of Simms in for Godden.
5 points from 8 games for Brum
7 points from 8 game for us

We're both shite and the unPC post is about right.

Brun have had arguably a harder run than us also.

SkyBlueSoul

Looking forward to a Friday night game. Should be a good atmosphere, single tickets only behind the goal and 27 mostly gone. Need to get it bouncing like the Peterborough game a couple of seasons ago.

Revert to the 4-3-3 and we'll be fine, hopefully Simms in for Godden. 2-0 City.

Matt smith

Collins
Milan
Bobby
Kitching
Bidwell
Sheaf
Eccles
O hare
Saka
Simms
Wright

2-0 Simms brace

if we can’t beat these it’s extremely poor

Evo1883

I think every time I say we will win we fucking lose

Blues 1-0 win

Simms in for godden , for his own good needs taking out the firing line

Philosorapter

Attachments

• 01.12.2023(1).gif
    01.12.2023(1).gif
    37.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 01.12.23(1).png
    01.12.23(1).png
    114.8 KB · Views: 22

calibrase6

Discuss the Coventry City - Birmingham City match, tactics and predictions :)
Ive a fucking work do and will miss this game and I love pissing on Birmingham, an irrelevant small time club who have lived in our shadow for over a century. Never think about them but sad to be missing the game. Always check their scores and makes me happy when they are losing.
Wont happen but my team would be:
Wilson
Latabadieure Mcfadzean Binks Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
Sakamoto Allen Wright
Simms or Godden

Right now im in two minds who should start between Simms and Godden, id basically pick whoever looks better in training this week and make it clear to both thats what will be the case.

Nuskyblue

Ive a fucking work do and will miss this game and I love pissing on Birmingham, an irrelevant small time club who have lived in our shadow for over a century. Never think about them but sad to be missing the game. Always check their scores and makes me happy when they are losing.
Wont happen but my team would be:
Wilson
Latabadieure Mcfadzean Binks Bidwell
Sheaf Eccles
Sakamoto Allen Wright
Simms or Godden

Right now im in two minds who should start between Simms and Godden, id basically pick whoever looks better in training this week and make it clear to both thats what will be the case.
Grow up.

BlueSkiesForever

Very easy team selection this week I think, keep it simple and stick with a winning formula:

Collins
Van Ewijk, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
Eccles, Sheaf, Allen
Sakamoto, Simms, Wright

I know it’s sounds a bit pedantic but if we seeing anything else then I’ll genuinely be a pissed off, we can all see that that’s probably our best team and I just hope Robins can see the same. I could maybe forgive one of Eccles or Allen being swapped out for O’Hare, Dasilva or Palmer but to me that front 3 of Saka, Simms and Wright should be starting most weeks now.

PVA

Collins

MVE - Thomas - Kitching - Bidwell

Sheaf - Eccles

Sakamoto - Allen* - Wright

Simms​

I think O'Hare actually did enough to earn another start, but can't see him starting two games in less than a week so soon after returning.

BlueSkiesForever

Collins

Sheaf - Eccles

Simms​

I think O'Hare actually did enough to earn another start, but can't see him starting two games in less than a week so soon after returning.

I thought 4-2-3-1 would suit us better as it keeps the 2 defensive midfielders that we’re used to from when we played 5 at the back, however I think that 4-3-3 has definitely been the best formation we’ve played so far.

I’m just theorising here but I thought Sheaf played a lot better when he was the sole holding midfielder, he just looks more comfortable knowing there’s options ahead of him both left and right and I thought it made us advance forward more often rather than pass it backwards or sidewards to Eccles when they play as a 2. I think Eccles also played a lot better in the RM spot, had a bit more freedom and could make clever little passes forward. It just seemed generally we were all over the pitch and had options everywhere when we played 4-3-3, so the team I’d pick is:

Collins
Van Ewijk, Thomas, Kitching, Bidwell
Eccles, Sheaf, Allen
Sakamoto, Simms, Wright

shmmeee

Think Dasilva at LCM could be a shout you know. Do the same sort of job Eccles does with MvE and Saka on the right but More so so that Wright has a bit more freedom.

Nick

Administrator
Collins

Sheaf - Eccles

Simms​

This for me

Levship20

Collins
MVE. D’Silva. Moore. Sheaf

O hare. Allen. Fadz

Godden. Kitchen

Apologies for the sarcasm and stupidity but still raging as to why he changed a winning side and set us up to be so lightweight on Saturday “ still can’t see what he was thinking?”

sorry again, my way of letting anger out!

fernandopartridge

I must be the only one who doesn't see anything in Sakamoto, nice feint but little end product to date. As poor as Godden was on Saturday I'd still be inclined to go with him and Simms instead of Saka.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

pusbccfc

I must be the only one who doesn't see anything in Sakamoto, nice feint but little end product to date. As poor as Godden was on Saturday I'd still be inclined to go with him and Simms instead of Saka.

Bit of the O'Hare about him. He's always involved in our best play but will never get many assists or goals. Way too many wayward crosses.

Simms-Godden-Haji looked good against Preston in the second half but I'd prefer Sakamoto to start.

pusbccfc

Collins

Sheaf - Eccles

Simms​

O'Hare will fancy it, like he does whenever we play Birmingham.

SkyblueTexan

Saka won us the penalty which Godden missed and you’d rather go with Godden instead of Saka?

Users who are viewing this thread