Cov v burnley (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Very very poor result today.

Thorny - why you did not bring on Deegs or a defender on when we went to 10 men is beyond me.

Burnley can fuck off

ccfcway

Don't want to be accused of negative, but really no surprise. No point at all fighting for our lives for a point at ellend road to throw away 3 at home to burnley.

AFCCOVENTRY

Don't want to be accused of negative, but really no surprise. No point at all fighting for our lives for a point at ellend road to throw away 3 at home to burnley.

Yup... nail on the head. We are in a relegation fight this year and the players and management need to get that into their heads.

All I can hope for is that they learn from the mistakes... but I am not that hopeful

PhilWasn'tBabb

Yup, ... that sounds like the City that we know and "love" ....most of the time :facepalm:

Burnley first goal: keogh and wood (i think) both jumped for the same ball, got in each others way and just fell to Wallace to put in.

Burnley second goal: Was it o'donovan who had the chance to clear their corner that led to their second? It went straight to him and he played it back into the box.

So annoying because both goals were so preventable.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Honestly when i saw we went 1-0 up i was like eh this aint going to last long then saw 1-1 and goes to myself were fooked come the 90min well throw it away what happens we fuck away 3 points and 1 point typical coventry so fucking annoying.

Regis87

Nice passing lot of possession but no end product . Thomas , Bigi should be substitutes playing occasional 20 mins here and there at this stage of their career . Bell was crap , Macdonald not good enough , our midfield is shite . 12,000 at game with relegation looming .
Right off down the pub to sample guest beers

torchomatic

Robccfc87

Yup... nail on the head. We are in a relegation fight this year and the players and management need to get that into their heads.

All I can hope for is that they learn from the mistakes... but I am not that hopeful
I said I hope they learn from the palace game, then the Blackpool game, now this one! Will those lost points be decisive come seasons end?!

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Burnley first goal: keogh and wood (i think) both jumped for the same ball, got in each others way and just fell to Wallace to put in.

Burnley second goal: Was it o'donovan who had the chance to clear their corner that led to their second? It went straight to him and he played it back into the box.

So annoying because both goals were so preventable.

I think that's what AT said basically.

torchomatic

Its hardly a new phenomenon, is it?

Marty

The ref got both big decisions right. was a two footed lunge for the sending off & the goal was about 3 yards onside when the ball was played in. disappointed with the result, but after the sending off could only see one winner unfornatley.

MatthewWallis

Terrible. We're going Down. That's the worst we have played in years and we can't beat them, I've lost faith

CovInEssex

I actually didn't want to watch thelast 10 mins because I knew they'd score, weather they derserved it or not

stupot07

The game changed on 40mins when Burnley went from a negative 4231 formation and brought Austin on and went 442, this stopped our back four from stroking at around and put the on the front foot.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Anyway I thought we played really well for 60 mins and deserved at least a 1-0 lead, when we scored we went into our shell and Burnley could have had a couple before they equalised then after the result was inevitable.
Very strange choice to bring Mcdonald off for ROD regardless of fitness, Mcdonald could have finished the game on the buzz from scoring his first goal.

AT needs to sort out the issue with conceding late goals.

Users who are viewing this thread