Cov v burnley (1 Viewer)

glamour76

We did play well until we scored and then completely went to pieces. A mention for wood and hussey today, thought they played well. Dress it up how you want, but bigi cost us 3 points today!

I think that's what AT said basically.

AFTER I posted it haha! Give me the job!

Interesting to hear his comments about Gael.
Geoff Foster: ...and how do you think Gael will be feeling in the dressing room now?
AT: I don't care

Seemed very hostile as if he'd just shouted the arse off him.

ccfcway

Let's blame the kid for us losing

For me...

Dress it up how you want but relying on a 17 / 18 year old mean sisu cost us the points !!

Perryccfc

Tbf I looked exactly as we scored and possession was 55% in our favour and we had a total of 9 shots to there 5 at that point. Didn't check again after that

glamour76

Let's blame the kid for us losing

For me...

Dress it up how you want but relying on a 17 / 18 year old mean sisu cost us the points !!
But that's where we are! Like I said before, I'm glad it wasn't bell or hussey. Seems some people we cant praise and some people we can't criticise.

Nonleagueherewecome

Burnley first goal: keogh and wood (i think) both jumped for the same ball, got in each others way and just fell to Wallace to put in.

Burnley second goal: Was it o'donovan who had the chance to clear their corner that led to their second? It went straight to him and he played it back into the box.

So annoying because both goals were so preventable.

Yep, both perfectly described. Bad defending. And yes AFC, I think he thought we could still win it with ten men.

So it seems we have now started playing in the frist half rather than the 2nd. Terrible result today for us coupled with some dodgy subs and a poor ref.

Very pleased to see Cody score who looked sharp, in the first half we were really playing as a team which was also good to see and then it just went wrong bigi time.

Nonleagueherewecome

It's a bit more complicated than that...if you are losing, it's easier to maker a switch to make a change (as Howe did at the right time, and it worked). Also, it's a lot easier to do a h/t team-talk when you are behind.

wingy

Who was the guy they took off second half ,after juke had been fouled for twentieth time ,was it the same guy who had been bookeed ,keeping 11 on ,thought the Juke was unplayable again today ,beatiful flick ons ,him and Hussey man of match,ref wass SHITe we were warned .

SkyBlue_Bear83

Who was the guy they took off second half ,after juke had been fouled for twentieth time ,was it the same guy who had been bookeed ,keeping 11 on ,thought the Juke was unplayable again today ,beatiful flick ons ,him and Hussey man of match,ref wass SHITe we were warned .
Yea Juke done all the donkey work today, took a lot of bangs and knocks from the Burnley centre backs today.

Looked to be carrying an injury at the end today.

Tankie

Heart Break Hotel!
After dominating the first half, when they played Burnly off the planet, the Sorry Sky Blues, completely capitulated in the second to gift Burnly three points, that they should never have sniffed.
The sky blues, first half, played some amazingly, good on the eye approach play, passing, movement, coupled with tenacious work rate, this first half was as good as I've seen at the Ricoh.
But the second half, saw us come under tremendous pressure from Burnly, and only some sterling work from keeper Joe Murphy, and last gasp clearences from our defenders, kept the score down to two.
Where did it all go wrong? well the sending off of Biggi was pivital, the lad had a fine first half, his passing skills are abundant, but after the sending off, we went down like a pack of cards, the football was now being played totaly in our own half, with no relief, in clearing the ball, allowing us to get out.
You could smell the goals coming, as the balls rained into our box from just about everywhere, and come they did.
There's a lot of talk about tactical naiveity tonight, it would be interesting to find out why Andy Thorn didn't change the shape, when we lost a man, teams regulary sacrifice a foreward, in order to preserve what they hold.
The non response from Andy was to say the least strange, and let Burnly run all over us like a rampaging army.
The unbeaten run is at an end, and players and coaches now have to sit down and find out why this one escaped us.
Tankie Bedworth..

shmmeee

Good post Tankie,

I'd like to have seen Deegan on for ROD, no matter that he'd only just come on. We needed another body in midfield, and Deegan would have been perfect.

Though to be honest, I wouldn't have taken McDonald off after he's scored his first goal for the club.

Users who are viewing this thread