Cov RFC do NOT want a merger with Wasps (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

I would read Astute's post carefully. Not once has he mentioned the feelings of their supporters.

Other have said its only 60 miles away, others have suggested cov rugby club would benefit from it

Sorry this is the thin end of the wedge. I cannot see how anyone on here could

1, possibly believe a current wasp fan wants it
2. See any benefit to the local struggling team
3. Countenance the concept for - second

Its ludricous.

Are we really bothered?
Most of us have never been to watch Cov Rugby team play.

As long as CCFC are at the Ricoh and both team and venue are secure who cares.

Ultimately Wasps fans will sort this out.

stupot07

Well that's the way I talk.

I don't see any problem with the 'or' myself.

Such as 'we need to change your grandad's hospital appointment. I won't do it without his full approval or letting the hospital know first.'

Tbf Otis. There is a massive difference between 'full approval' and 'consultation'. As NW said many a public service has been cut despite consultation being done and public disagreeing with the proposals. For me 'or' is the keyword

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

I would read Astute's post carefully. Not once has he mentioned the feelings of their supporters.

Other have said its only 60 miles away, others have suggested cov rugby club would benefit from it

Sorry this is the thin end of the wedge. I cannot see how anyone on here could

1, possibly believe a current wasp fan wants it
2. See any benefit to the local struggling team
3. Countenance the concept for - second

Its ludricous.

Why don't you take your own advice and read my post carefully.

I said I don't want them to own the Ricoh. But could handle it if we have to share it. Have to are the words.

So what do you know 100%? Same as the rest of us. Nothing.

skybluetony176

I really am. Its outrageous. We sent petitions here there and everywhere asking for sympathy yet couldn't give a damn when it may now be beneficial to our club. Its an outrage and beyond belief.

What are you getting on your high horse for? You've spent most of the last 18months slating practically anyone who's kept our plight in the public eye and slating any action that doesn't involve a bit of council bashing. You've shown zero sympathy for our own fan base yet you're outraged by a few flippant comments that don't show sympathy for something that hasn't even happened yet to the fans of another sporting club. It's a shame you weren't this outraged about our own predicament.

Oh wait. I forgot, you've found a new angle to have a go at the council so off course you're outraged.

Grendel

Why don't you take your own advice and read my post carefully.

I said I don't want them to own the Ricoh. But could handle it if we have to share it. Have to are the words.

So what do you know 100%? Same as the rest of us. Nothing.

Their fans don't want the move so that's it surely?

Otis

Their fans don't want the move so that's it surely?

No, not yet.

Can't totally dismiss it until we know what the offer and deal is surely?

Let's wait for the detail. See what that is and then see what the reaction is. If any of the 3 parties it immediately affects are against it, then yes, it shouldn't happen.

NorthernWisdom

No, not yet.

Can't totally dismiss it until we know what the offer and deal is surely?

Let's wait for the detail. See what that is and then see what the reaction is. If any of the 3 parties it immediately affects are against it, then yes, it shouldn't happen.

Why on earth can't you dismiss a random sporting club turning up in the city?

If there's appetite for a top level Rugby club, people can watch/buy into the one we already have!

Otis

Why on earth can't you dismiss a random sporting club turning up in the city?

If there's appetite for a top level Rugby club, people can watch/buy into the one we already have!

You want to dismiss something totally out of hand before you even know what the offer is?

I find that quite bizarre, NW. Very odd.

NorthernWisdom

You want to dismiss something totally out of hand before you even know what the offer is?

I find that quite bizarre, NW. Very odd.

How is it odd to dismiss the concept of places buying their sporting success by removing another team from its location, rather than expecting the sides already there to earn their place through sporting merit?

Otherwise you end up with Wimbledon going to MK... and you end up with us not popping over to Northamptobn for a bit, you end up with us popping over permanently to whoever offers us the best deal on a football ground.

What's bizarre is to oppose a Coventry club moving out of Coventry, but to welcome a non Coventry club moving into Coventry and stamping all over tradition!

skybluetony176

Sometimes, you have to make a pact with the devil to get the results you wish ;)

(see CCFC back in Coventry for an example. If that's able to happen, you and Grendel agreeing it's bad for Wasps to pop up can't be so hard ;) )

You mean how the yanks trained Al Qaeda to fight the Russians in Afghanistan? ;)

Otis

How is it odd to dismiss the concept of places buying their sporting success by removing another team from its location, rather than expecting the sides already there to earn their place through sporting merit?

Otherwise you end up with Wimbledon going to MK... and you end up with us not popping over to Northamptobn for a bit, you end up with us popping over permanently to whoever offers us the best deal on a football ground.

What's bizarre is to oppose a Coventry club moving out of Coventry, but to welcome a non Coventry club moving into Coventry and stamping all over tradition!

But that is just guesswork. None of us have any idea what this potential deal is.

I find all this so un NW ish. I really do. Always had you down as one of the most level headed and rational posters around. Yesterday and today we seemingly have people outraged even though we know next to nothing about any deal or even if there is a deal.

This story is if, if, if, if. It is full of if's.

You seems to be getting rather uptight over a bunch of if's and maybe's. Just doesn't sound like you.

I would only NOT oppose it (doesn't mean support it) IF all sides benefitted from it and all supporters were happy with it.

Can't make it any simpler. All I want to do is wait until someone says something and puts some meat on the bones. Find it very bizarre that people want me to condemn something before we have even heard what the deal is.

Find that bizarre and more than just a little bit nutty to be honest.

Someone leaked out some chemicals into the atmosphere or something? Please let common sense prevail.

Otis

Also I don't know why I have to keep repeating myself, but the way I think the above scenarios simply wouldn't happen.

Wimbledon to MK? No. MK would be happy with it but Wimbledon wouldn't, so it wouldn't happen. Us going to Northampton? No, because we would be against it.

It should ONLY, I repeat ONLY (just in case you didn't hear it the first eleventy billion times) be considered if ALL and I repeat again, ALL parties are happy about it.

Even then it shouldn't neccessarly happen, it should just be considered. Cannot see any problem with that at all. I really can't.

Otis

Well there won't be a deal if it isn't, unless you're expecting Wasps to use the Ricoh as a massive parcel storage and delivery hub.

Please yourself, but I will simply not condemn anything just based on heresay and conjecture.

I will patiently wait for the announcement of the deal and then wait for what all sides say on the matter.

I'll be glad when this Umbridge Week comes to an end. :whistle:

Or unless of course it's going to be Umbridge Fortnight

skybluetony176

Can you not at least wait and see if that is what the deal is?

Could be too late by then. What if the deal involves us leaving at the end of the current 2 year deal? I'm pretty sure that at the end of the current 2 years SISU arena will still be narrowed down to 2 sites and they're currently preparing impact statements for the local councils only for the local councils to be going "SISU who?"

NorthernWisdom

Could be too late by then. What if the deal involves us leaving at the end of the current 2 year deal? I'm pretty sure that at the end of the current 2 years SISU arena will still be narrowed down to 2 sites and they're currently preparing impact statements for the local councils only for the local councils to be going "SISU who?"

Still, sure the people of Truro will welcome our arrival.

Otis

How can it be too late? The deal or proposal will be announced and we will find out about it. Lots of official bodies and councils to be involved.

Of course we will find out before anything is passed. It will not be too late. That's just a tad paranoid and scaremongerish I think.

Grendel

Please yourself, but I will simply not condemn anything just based on heresay and conjecture.

I will patiently wait for the announcement of the deal and then wait for what all sides say on the matter.

I'll be glad when this Umbridge Week comes to an end. :whistle:

Or unless of course it's going to be Umbridge Fortnight

I think the issue will be even if its Europe only games or whatever they do then what happens if that is a success?

Few more games? Few more still? Permenant residence eventually?

That's the worry I think.

Otis

And do you honestly believe, hand on heart, that we will be kicked out in 2 years? No way that the council would EVER agree to that and rubber stamp the deal. Not a cat in hell's chance.

Otis

I think the issue will be even if its Europe only games or whatever they do then what happens if that is a success?

Few more games? Few more still? Permenant residence eventually?

That's the worry I think.

Worry I can deal with. It's outrage before anything has even been said officially that I have a problem with. It's just rumour at the mo as to any proposal or deal.

torchomatic

Who would have thought CCFC would be in Northampton? Or the London Wasps in Coventry?

But we won't want to go to Truro so it wouldn't happen.

torchomatic

Unlike you he probably didn't talk to every single person there.

Really? I went to all the protests albeit only one in London,missed one game on the hill didn't meet one,but you met more than one :claping hands:

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread