Could we ever see SISU ... (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Skyblueweeman

Foundations and a plan yes. But cash is also needed to achieve that.

Leicesters owners are using the club as a great way to promote the owners brand. Also the fact they are from Thailand means they have an overseas fans base. So the cash have been invested in a smart way. There is a return to be made for them.

He's the 9th richest man in Thailand, net worth of circa £3billion. And apparently has always been a fan. Which always helps in terms of his appetite to invest in a risky business - the football industry!

Lol! I found this part very, very hard to believe! They're nothing more than a business venture for said Thai businessman.

NorthernWisdom

Lol! I found this part very, very hard to believe! They're nothing more than a business venture for said Thai businessman.

Yep.

Alas, much as I'd love to see Leicester win the title this season (when did life change so I found myself saying that?!?) they're still part of the problem, not the solution.

They also got lucky that Mandaric sold to the right random foreign owner... unlike when he flogged Portsmouth!

skybluetony176

£72m for merely staying in the prem. This is my point. What are SISU actually planning? Why did they mess around regarding the purchase of the RICOH? And now they can't buy the ground what can they realistically do other than splashing the cash on a team to get to the prem.

Surely this is their only chance now. And this must be their plan if we eventually get into the championship?

Problem for SISU is they did try that when they first arrived and failed. IMO the reason they failed is because of the lack business acumen that's been displayed by Leicesters owners or even Bournmouth as a more likely equivilent to ourselves.

It's got to be right from the person at the very top to the subs bench and beyond but i think at the top is the most important area and that's where SISU have consistently failed the club sfrom day one from RR all the way to TF (the jury still being out on CA for me personally). Even from the team (middle) management perspective the combination of TM, MV and JC is the nearest SISU have came to a complete and fully functioning package since they arrived. If they sort the top everything below is considerably more likely to fall into place.

NorthernWisdom

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league-prize-money-table-2015/

Interesting article on what Leicester stand to win in premier league prize and TV money this year if they finish first £90.9M in total compared to the £71.6M won last year. £162.5M in 2 years isn't a bad return on £100M investment. of course you need the money in the first place and the business acumen to make the right decisions with that investment. Something Leicesters owners seem to have in spades. Be interesting to see what they can do next season. Either way you can't take anything away from them, the table don't lie. If they finish top it's because they were the best team

Also be interesting to see how it turns out long-term.

Getting into Europe and investing the cash to get there didn't turn out overly well for Bolton in the end, let alone Portsmouth.

Then again, if Leicester do win the title this season... boy, you'd almost be tempted to trade a few years of pain and suffering for that, wouldn't you!

skybluetony176

Also be interesting to see how it turns out long-term.

Getting into Europe and investing the cash to get there didn't turn out overly well for Bolton in the end, let alone Portsmouth.

Then again, if Leicester do win the title this season... boy, you'd almost be tempted to trade a few years of pain and suffering for that, wouldn't you!

Long term will indeed be interesting. If they can hold onto the manager and certain key players I can't see them doing a Portsmouth or Bolton. Make or break for them will be getting the right players in now to sustain a top of the table status. If they do end up winning it this season I can't see them repeating it next season (although I'd have laughed at anyone at the start of the season who'd told me they'd be where they are now) like you said getting into Europe and spending cash doesn't always work out well, Ipswich is another you can probably add to the list you started. It will be interesting though next season and good luck to them i say.

Ashdown

They do marketing for the benefit of?

They've done a good job with Leicester but lets not be under any illusion, they're after a financial return just like SISU are.

Yes I agree they did want a lot of promotion and marketing but wow so what, I think we'd be happy to do that for an ultra rich Korean/Chinese/Qatari national wouldn't we !! Also the Thai's at Leicester even said before the start of this season that their investment strategy would steadily increase. They are very lucky down that end of the M69 and all apparently because said chairman's son went to uni in Leicester and persuaded his old boy to take a punt !

jas365

My point was they need to invest to get the money they put into the club back. If they want £60m back then the need to inject more money in. They won't ever get it back by hoping that we somehow get back to the prem with no injection of cash. It needs to be tens of millions.

Also to your point. We have nothing tangible in terms of assets. Hence this means no one will buy us for the fictitious £60m SISU value us at. In short they need to start opening the cheque book or they may as well wave good bye to that money.

Yes i know there is nothing tangible in assets, that was the whole point of my post.

Sick Boy

SISU are very rich but when they eventually go they will be remembered for
court cases
Northampton
Tim Fisher being soaked in beer
Ken D sitting on the bench with Thorn
Text messaging sustitutes suggestion
Igwe saying sky blu sam was too fat
Battering people in court

Don't forget that they hired the useless Thorn, one of their worst decisions. Strangely, it was backed by the majority, and those who spoke out received abuse.

shy_tall_knight

Don't forget that they hired the useless Thorn, one of their worst decisions. Strangely, it was backed by the majority, and those who spoke out received abuse.

Not sure Thorne was any worse than CC or Aidy Boothroyd, everyone forecast relegation at the start of the 2011/12 season based on the poor squad and that was delivered, there was little done to improve the squad during the season, especially selling our top goalscorer whilst at the bottom of the league, only 3 loanees were secured one of those for only 4/5 games. The squad building for 2012/13 was chaotic but we all must agree that would be Waggot & Co rather than Thorne, he would have been a pushover.

[h=4]starting lineup: v Crystal Palace 3rd game of the season - inexperienced players, plus a few not a championship level and we only lost 2-1, look at the options available on the bench. getting 40 points was more than I expected[/h]
Goalkeeper​
Joe Murphy

Defender​
Cyrus Christie

Defender​
Richard Keogh

Defender/Midfielder​
Martin Cranie

Defender/Midfielder​
Chris Hussey

Midfielder​
Gael Bigirimana

Midfielder​
Sammy Clingan

Midfielder​
Conor Thomas

Midfielder/Forward​
Roy O'Donovan

Forward​
Lukas Jutkiewicz

Forward​
Gary McSheffrey
[h=4]On the bench:[/h]
Goalkeeper​
Chris Dunn
Defender​
Nathan Cameron
Defender/Centre back​
James McPake
Midfielder​
Josh Ruffels
Forward​
Shaun Jeffers

J

Jack Griffin

Who decided to sell Jutkiewicz in January and replace him with a youngster (Alex Nimley) who to this day has only scored one league goal a fabulous goals per game ratio of 0.03! (see here.. http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=53761)

This is what Thorn said about keeping hold of Jutkiewicz ...
I fought tooth and nail to keep him in the last window and I tried again in this window but it wasn’t to be.
I can offer an opinion but I can’t control the purse strings

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread