Could we ever see SISU ... (1 Viewer)

Bob Latchford

Doing this ? and do the LCFC owners deserve credit ? --- BBC Sporf ‏@BBCSporf 7m7 minutes ago CLASS: Leicester City give every fan a free beer and doughnut for today's match. Proper football club. ...............
CfHntKTWAAAw4Iq.jpg

Ashdown

Their owners are billionaire businessmen with rock solid economic interests and foundations. It's cost them over a £100 million to get to this point, although some would say they have used LCFC as a great marketing tool to promote themselves and Thailand. They took a gamble and it's paid off, the TV and Premiership cash going forward will see Leicester OK now for the foreseeable too. Fair play to them for their gesture though, the Leicester fans also have sold out just about every home and away game all season to their credit !
The difference is their owners were not looking for a return, our tossers are a hedge fund looking to capitalise.

Bob Latchford

Their owners are billionaire businessmen with rock solid economic interests and foundations. It's cost them over a £100 million to get to this point, although some would say they have used LCFC as a great marketing tool to promote themselves and Thailand. They took a gamble and it's paid off, the TV and Premiership cash going forward will see Leicester OK now for the foreseeable too. Fair play to them for their gesture though, the Leicester fans also have sold out just about every home and away game all season to their credit !
The difference is their owners were not looking for a return, our tossers are a hedge fund looking to capitalise.

Erm ... shall I take that as a yes then ?

Bob Latchford

Their owners are fantastic ! Leicester have just gone 1 nil up too !

Yeah but , Tobyfare Saints should've been 0- 1 up but , those pesky inbreds cheating again. re owners , fair point.

Bob Latchford

Bob, whom is Toby Fare
Sort your auto correct my friend

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Aaaaawwwww bless you , Smouchy baby . you're clearly not a founder member of GMK . therefore , not in the groovy gang .

Bob Latchford

Toby Fare = To Be Fair in the GMK world.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Smiles has the copyright to Tobyfare ! anyone else uses it ,he'll be after ya . don't mess with the BONCE !

CJ_covblaze

Correct. Also apparently ours have spent nearly three quarters of that figure for us to fall one league and to get us into the situation we're in now.

Ashdown

Correct. Also apparently ours have spent nearly three quarters of that figure for us to fall one league and to get us into the situation we're in now.

Except we all know, they haven't spent nearly that much and that which was spent back in the day was spunked away by that prat Chris Coleman and the likes.
Blaze gone down as well, a win in Nottingham would have been a bonus !

CJ_covblaze

Except we all know, they haven't spent nearly that much and that which was spent back in the day was spunked away by that prat Chris Coleman and the likes.
Blaze gone down as well, a win in Nottingham would have been a bonus !

Can only go off their figures :) Sure would've been. Same as the cricket.

ollyservetta

I believe Leicester give out free hooters to create the atmosphere , goodluck to them I hope they win the league and have a good champions league . ironic if the do win the league and villa go down ,still quite fresh when villa took their management team ,or half of it

D

Deleted member 4439

I believe Leicester give out free hooters to create the atmosphere , goodluck to them I hope they win the league and have a good champions league . ironic if the do win the league and villa go down ,still quite fresh when villa took their management team ,or half of it

They give out 'clappers' @12K per match.

Thank god SISU don't....

The idea that LCFC have better attendances, taking into account (the waxing and waning of) general attendances for a particular year, league and momentum (e.g. rising or falling down the leagues or number of years spent in a lower league) doesn't appear to be borne out by these figures:

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/leic.htm

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/leic.htm

You can bet that those 28K+ in attendance at Gills Ricoh return match would be a permanent fixture if we were top of the prem.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndreasB

Their Birthday cheering and fawning of The Glorious Owner had more than a whiff of North Korea about it.

fernandopartridge

You've contradicted yourself

shy_tall_knight

SISU are very rich but when they eventually go they will be remembered for
court cases
Northampton
Tim Fisher being soaked in beer
Ken D sitting on the bench with Thorn
Text messaging sustitutes suggestion
Igwe saying sky blu sam was too fat
Battering people in court

Ashdown

SISU are very rich but when they eventually go they will be remembered for
court cases
Northampton
Tim Fisher being soaked in beer
Ken D sitting on the bench with Thorn
Text messaging sustitutes suggestion
Igwe saying sky blu sam was too fat
Battering people in court

And Highfield 2, project 2050 ! Just lying bastards for me and I guess we have plenty more to follow, especially around May/June when they attempt their yearly season ticket drive !

shy_tall_knight

And Highfield 2, project 2050 ! Just lying bastards for me and I guess we have plenty more to follow, especially around May/June when they attempt their yearly season ticket drive !

The stadium consultancy group - what a farce, our owners are promoting this whilst up the road they have owners that truely invested in the club and are now reaping the rewards.

Captain Dart

And 3 weeks.

SkyBlueZack

SISU are rich? Someone best tell Italia, he say's they don't have any money. Although that will change to they haven't any money in the club. Blah blah blah.

Rodders1

SISU need to take note of what the Leicester owners have done. I've read they have invested circa £100m in the club and their last annual accounts show a profit of £25m. (Not 100% sure of the exact figures).

So one years profit is a roi of 25%. This is before the prem win and the champions league income streams.

I've not idea how SISU plan to make their money back (£60m is it?) - but they really need a radical rethink in their investment in the club if they truely want it back?

One things for sure we need to get out of this awful division. And you never know SISU may actually invest again..........

jas365

SISU need to take note of what the Leicester owners have done. I've read they have invested circa £100m in the club and their last annual accounts show a profit of £25m. (Not 100% sure of the exact figures).

So one years profit is a roi of 25%. This is before the prem win and the champions league income streams.

I've not idea how SISU plan to make their money back (£60m is it?) - but they really need a radical rethink in their investment in the club if they truely want it back?

One things for sure we need to get out of this awful division. And you never know SISU may actually invest again..........

I've said it before and i'll say it again......

LCFC owners spent their £100m on building a squad and putting solid foundations in place. SISU "invested" their money in covering the shortfall in cash flow. They never actually spent their money on anything tangible. That's a huge difference.

Edit: they also bought the ground back for about £25m.

Last edited:

Grendel

LCFC owners spent their £100m on building a squad and putting solid foundations in place. SISU "invested" their money in covering the shortfall in cash flow. They never actually spent their money on anything tangible. That's a huge difference.

Edit: they also bought the ground back for about £25m.

Why are you comparing the two. Sisu haven't spent anything like Leicester or could.

Including transferring debt to equity prior to promotion the spend was in excess of £200 million and a pledge for a further £180 million in the next 5 years.

Their losses in their promotion season was over double the amount FFP would permit.

The wage bill to get promoted was £36 million in one season.

Rodders1

My point was they need to invest to get the money they put into the club back. If they want £60m back then the need to inject more money in. They won't ever get it back by hoping that we somehow get back to the prem with no injection of cash. It needs to be tens of millions.

Also to your point. We have nothing tangible in terms of assets. Hence this means no one will buy us for the fictitious £60m SISU value us at. In short they need to start opening the cheque book or they may as well wave good bye to that money.

Rodders1

Why are you comparing the two. Sisu haven't spent anything like Leicester or could.

Including transferring debt to equity prior to promotion the spend was in excess of £200 million and a pledge for a further £180 million in the next 5 years.

Their losses in their promotion season was over double the amount FFP would permit.

The wage bill to get promoted was £36 million in one season.
Wow that's huge money.

Not that they would - but you're saying SISU do not have that amount of cash?

I'm unsure about these things but I thought hedge funds have huge amounts of cash to invest?

What other exit strategy could they now have?

Also that FFP thing with Leicester really annoys me!!! Remember they also avoided points deductions after administration a few years back. Jammy buggers.

Sky Blue Kid

They do marketing for the benefit of?

They've done a good job with Leicester but lets not be under any illusion, they're after a financial return just like SISU are.

Massive difference between the two though. One invested in the playing side of things, and one didn't? Which one is which? Go on have a guess ;)

SkyBlueZack

Spending money doesn't guarantee success. Think QPR. A successful team and club is one with foundations and a plan. At present time we appear to have neither, well certainly not that us fans are aware of. That said TM appears to be trying to sort the club out. There is only one thing us fans can do. Buy season tickets and support the players no matter what. Won't hold my breath on that though.

Rodders1

Spending money doesn't guarantee success. Think QPR. A successful team and club is one with foundations and a plan. At present time we appear to have neither, well certainly not that us fans are aware of. That said TM appears to be trying to sort the club out. There is only one thing us fans can do. Buy season tickets and support the players no matter what. Won't hold my breath on that though.

Foundations and a plan yes. But cash is also needed to achieve that.

Leicesters owners are using the club as a great way to promote the owners brand. Also the fact they are from Thailand means they have an overseas fans base. So the cash have been invested in a smart way. There is a return to be made for them.

He's the 9th richest man in Thailand, net worth of circa £3billion. And apparently has always been a fan. Which always helps in terms of his appetite to invest in a risky business - the football industry!

skybluetony176

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league-prize-money-table-2015/

Interesting article on what Leicester stand to win in premier league prize and TV money this year if they finish first £90.9M in total compared to the £71.6M won last year. £162.5M in 2 years isn't a bad return on £100M investment. of course you need the money in the first place and the business acumen to make the right decisions with that investment. Something Leicesters owners seem to have in spades. Be interesting to see what they can do next season. Either way you can't take anything away from them, the table don't lie. If they finish top it's because they were the best team

Rodders1

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/premier-league-prize-money-table-2015/

Interesting article on what Leicester stand to win in premier league prize and TV money this year if they finish first £90.9M in total compared to the £71.6M won last year. £162.5M in 2 years isn't a bad return on £100M investment. of course you need the money in the first place and the business acumen to make the right decisions with that investment. Something Leicesters owners seem to have in spades. Be interesting to see what they can do next season. Either way you can't take anything away from them, the table don't lie. If they finish top it's because they were the best team

£72m for merely staying in the prem. This is my point. What are SISU actually planning? Why did they mess around regarding the purchase of the RICOH? And now they can't buy the ground what can they realistically do other than splashing the cash on a team to get to the prem.

Surely this is their only chance now. And this must be their plan if we eventually get into the championship?

Users who are viewing this thread