Contingency ground is..... (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

No it won't be easy but with FFP everyone will be offering less wages than they were over the last couple of seasons.

In which case proportionally there is no difference between us and the other clubs-except Wolves who will be able to outspend anybody.

Mucca Mad Boys

we have already comprimised our league status

not signing king
not investing when we lost Juke
not investing last summer

costs will go lower and sadly, so may our league status

King had effectively signed a contract but he went to a club with better prospects, for a larger wage, and for longer, can't blame well anyone for that move - Thorn shouldn't have spouted his mouth and SISU can't go spending beyond the means of the club.

We signed Nimely and Norwood on loan because of the Juke deal, but that's probably what we could afford, every penny we make from transfer revenue can't possibly go back into the playing staff, it has to go into running the club - it isn't that black and white.

Last summer as in the the 12/13 summer window? If so, we signed 9-10 players... 20 over the course of the season.

If you're on about 11/12 summer window, well, we did waste 400-500k on Cody...

Brighton Sky Blue

King had effectively signed a contract but he went to a club with better prospects, for a larger wage, and for longer, can't blame well anyone for that move - Thorn shouldn't have spouted his mouth and SISU can't go spending beyond the means of the club.

We signed Nimely and Norwood on loan because of the Juke deal, but that's probably what we could afford, every penny we make from transfer revenue can't possibly go back into the playing staff, it has to go into running the club - it isn't that black and white.

Last summer as in the the 12/13 summer window? If so, we signed 9-10 players... 20 over the course of the season.

If you're on about 11/12 summer window, well, we did waste 400-500k on Cody...

Relegation to L1 has probably cost us more than it would have to appoint a decent manager and have an acceptable Championship squad. Who knows what damage that idiot Thorn did to our prospects.

Mucca Mad Boys

Relegation to L1 has probably cost us more than it would have to appoint a decent manager and have an acceptable Championship squad. Who knows what damage that idiot Thorn did to our prospects.

A lot is made of the constraints Thorn made, whilst he faced a difficult time, but a good manager would've kept us up for sure, as a good manager could get the best out of his players, meaning sure relegation candidates to just surviving and Thorn was a manager who was simply not good enough, and the stats reflect that, points dropped from winning positions, points lost in the final 10 minutes and our away from compared to our home form - they all suggest we had a team that was capable of staying up, but an incompetent manager condemned us to relegation. Dyche did v well considering Watford had no money and were expected to go down with us (and Donny) finished 13th, proof a good manager can change the club's fortunes around.

Nonleagueherewecome

Forget the manager, that side had relegation fodder written all over it from day one. Two kids making their début when they were clearly not ready yet in the first game because there was no one else said it all. And I love the way the Cody fee keeps going up, just like SISU's "investment"...it was 150k according to many sources at the time. Some people have very short memories.

Baginton

The new ground is sorted, ye of little faith :whistle:

480909_10200969403058080_2060628465_n.jpg

dongonzalos

Forget the manager, that side had relegation fodder written all over it from day one. Two kids making their début when they were clearly not ready yet in the first game because there was no one else said it all. And I love the way the Cody fee keeps going up, just like SISU's "investment"...it was 150k according to many sources at the time. Some people have very short memories.

Only if it bolsters a poor argument

Grendel

Are you saying we had to play Cyrus Christie that day? I think you'd better have a look at the subs bench and refresh your memory.

I can't see one source that says McDonald cost £150,000. Please provide a link.

Grendel

Just had a look at the Doncaster ground arangement. I think our current rental agreement is far better.

Out of interest why? How does it help with FPP rules?

stupot07

A case in point is the cross invoicing of revenue ACL offered. The money isn't ours but still 'counts' and allows us to spend more even though we haven't got it.

But still means that the owner would have to fund losses in the form of loans adding to the debt/liabilities which is exactly what Robinson et al, and sisu have been doing. Yes we might have a better squad but we'll still be racking up debt.

Grendel

Easy.
We pay no rent for the Ricoh. no overheads so how can it not benefit fpp ?

It makes no difference even then as it doesn't help total turnover.

Brighton Sky Blue

We were rarely outplayed and lost most games by one goal. I will always hold that buffoon responsible and Kenny boy for hiring him. Dumb and Dumber if ever I saw it.

Nonleagueherewecome

We were rarely outplayed and lost most games by one goal. I will always hold that buffoon responsible and Kenny boy for hiring him. Dumb and Dumber if ever I saw it.

It's a very boring and old debate, but although a superb manager may have just kept us up, that squad had relegation written all over it. You don't have to be a genius to work out that if you take King, Aron, Westwood, Turner and later Lukas out of a side that struggled that it was certain to be in a relegation battle. And honestly, that off-field/in dug-out bullcrap with KD and co didn't help.

Grendel-can you tell me what RB we had on the bench first game of that season? And I'm not going to go around searching for a source to justify any point I made to you, especially considering that they were electronic and are I assume unavailable. Suffice to say Eakin for one said that it was "no-way near" the fee that some sources had said it was, being nearer to 150k than the mooted 300k. 500k isn't even close.

Brighton Sky Blue

Old and tiresome yes but his employment as manager not only sealed relegation but destroyed chances of promotion. I only wish MMM had upped the stakes on him never getting another job.

James Smith

Brilliant a classic own goal. Guess what Doncaster were previously paying in rent until they renegotiated a new deal?
You don't need to guess, until May 2011 they were paying at least £981k under the penultimate agreement (before taking on the 99yr long lease of the entire stadium) which allowed them to keep the perimeter advertising and match day car parking income. They had the option to end this in May 2011 which they did and the rent under the new agreement dropped to £281k but presumably (and the document doesn't mention this specifically) lost the access to the income streams mentioned above.

Source: https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/db/chamber/default.asp?Nav=Report&ReportID=14161

Last edited:

rupert_bear

If we had gone for Mark Robins instead, I believe 100% he would have kept us up.
In my opinion we would have stayed up had our owners allowed Thorn to bring a loan or two in for the run-in With six games to play starting with Peterbrough at home we were fourth from bottom of those six games only Southampton away was the most difficult. I am puzzled as to why this wasn't done as the cost to sisu was massive, 4million in TV money alone, the cost of getting in a couple of loans for a month or two, in wages £20k ? What is their reasnoning and why ?

Last edited:

Grendel

It's a very boring and old debate, but although a superb manager may have just kept us up, that squad had relegation written all over it. You don't have to be a genius to work out that if you take King, Aron, Westwood, Turner and later Lukas out of a side that struggled that it was certain to be in a relegation battle. And honestly, that off-field/in dug-out bullcrap with KD and co didn't help.

Grendel-can you tell me what RB we had on the bench first game of that season? And I'm not going to go around searching for a source to justify any point I made to you, especially considering that they were electronic and are I assume unavailable. Suffice to say Eakin for one said that it was "no-way near" the fee that some sources had said it was, being nearer to 150k than the mooted 300k. 500k isn't even close.

We had wood and McPake on the bench. Thorn preferred to play keogh at centre back so it was his choice alone.

Every source says McDonald was £400k and given your criticism of Cwr its somewhat amusing you now use them as a source of info.

Nonleagueherewecome

We had wood and McPake on the bench. Thorn preferred to play keogh at centre back so it was his choice alone.

Every source says McDonald was £400k and given your criticism of Cwr its somewhat amusing you now use them as a source of info.

Every source reporting from the same incorrect source. And it's Linnell who I hammer, not Eakin, so you can go stuff your patronising "most amusing" comment where the sun don't shine, dickwad.

Nonleagueherewecome

torchomatic

dongonzalos

We could not afford ALF because we hadnt sold turner in time. We needed to sell turner to buy cody.

Maybe it maybe non league was right and we actually only bought Cody for 150k

COVENTRY CITY have been accused of making a "joke bid" for Rotherham United striker Adam Le Fondre.

United chairman Tony Stewart says his club wants to keep the highly-rated goalscorer - and believes the Sky Blues' offer was little more than a publicity stunt.

He told the Yorkshire Post : “Coventry came in with a joke bid a fortnight or so ago but I am sure they weren’t serious.

“I got the impression it was more a case of them wanting to show their supporters that they were trying to do something."

The Millers also confirmed they have turned down a third bid - believed to be around £300,000 - from Sheffield Wednesday for Le Fondre, who has scored four goals already this season.

James Smith

Own goal number 2. What were they paying before?
Are you talking about the agreement they had until May 2011:
Where they were paying at least £981k and allowed them to keep the perimeter advertising and match day car parking income.

or

The one after that which was for one season and was £281k but presumably (and the document doesn't mention this specifically) lost the access to the income streams mentioned above.

Source: https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/db/cham...ReportID=14161

Grendel

Are you talking about the agreement they had until May 2011:
Where they were paying at least £981k and allowed them to keep the perimeter advertising and match day car parking income.

or

The one after that which was for one season and was £281k but presumably (and the document doesn't mention this specifically) lost the access to the income streams mentioned above.

Source: https://www.doncaster.gov.uk/db/cham...ReportID=14161

Obviously the first in the context of the question. Your second point is speculative.

I asked a while ago which present arrangement offers the best FPP benefit ours or theirs. You never answered, how odd. Which is it?

Keep asking you your opinion on Swansea bit again no answer.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Obviously the first in the context of the question. Your second point is speculative.

I asked a while ago which present arrangement offers the best FPP benefit ours or theirs. You never answered, how odd. Which is it?

Somebody not answering your questions? Whatever next?

James Smith

Not odd as I did answer. Maybe you dumped this dull and irrelevant information to the archive section of your brain.
That is a non answer. FPP rules are capped as a percentage of revenues James so regardless of your personal view on football expenditure which is likely to offer greater revenue -- the arrangement proposed by our council or the arrangement given by Doncaster's council.

To make you happy I guess Doncaster would, although as I say if you've got no money to spend it's a bit academic having the potential to spend it.
http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...il-done-enough?p=435053&viewfull=1#post435053

Doncaster didn't annoy their council by witholding rent etc. to the point that the council refused to sell them their share of the stadium though did they.

Oh and where are the thousands that we're going to spend on the team going to come from? At the moment we have very little money coming in, don't think you buy a season ticket yet because there's been no official firm decision on where we're going to be playing yet. Or for that matter who owns the club (i.e. golden share), administrator or Holdings and a transfer embargo to boot. Just how many season tickets we'll sell is another matter, given the way SISU have behaved threatening to move us out of Coventry.

Swansea coming soon, although it sounds like a bit of a Hull situation.

Last edited:

Grendel

Not odd as I did answer. Maybe you dumped this dull and irrelevant information to the archive section of your brain.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threa...il-done-enough?p=435053&viewfull=1#post435053

Doncaster didn't annoy their council by witholding rent etc. to the point that the council refused to sell them their share of the stadium though did they.

Oh and where are the thousands that we're going to spend on the team going to come from? At the moment we have very little money coming in, don't think you buy a season ticket yet because there's been no official firm decision on where we're going to be playing yet. Or for that matter who owns the club (i.e. golden share), administrator or Holdings and a transfer embargo to boot. Just how many season tickets we'll sell is another matter, given the way SISU have behaved threatening to move us out of Coventry.

Swansea coming soon, although it sounds like a bit of a Hull situation.

Football clubs lose money and when you say guess why not just say yes they would. Look at the collosal loses forest have ramped up. Or are you saying you want the club run as a self sufficient sustainable business? That really will go down well with supporters demanding promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread