Contingency ground is..... (1 Viewer)

pb2875

Don't shoot the messenger but from a source within the academy staff is we will be playing home games in Northamptonshire if the ground debate doesn't get resolved within the next 2 weeks.

I asked which ground and was told its not the rugby club ground but ex R&D / KTFC ground (already reported that the electricity has been switched on by an un named 3rd party)

WillieStanley

Initial reaction to this (with no attempt to question your credibility) is...

I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe I just don't want to, but I really think that we'll be playing at The Ricoh next season, by hook or crook.

BurbageSkyBlues

Possibly a 'managed' leak.

In order to plan where they will play, it implies they know that they have a football club with the right to play in the league. Which implies they can predict what the administrator is going to report to the courts, and also the resulting decision from the courts. It also means they know what the FL will do, in respect of the golden share, and who has it, ....etc etc etc...

So, in short, they know everything, and nobody else has yet decided or revealed the outcomes of investigations. Does that smell slightly immoral?

UNCLE MONTY

Nene Park. Quite a nice little ground but only holds about 6.5k I think. I live in Northampton so I guess not so bad for me but surely has to be just short term. Cov city need to play in Cov. I just wish the bickering children would sort their lives out and we could just get on with playing football, at the Ricoh.

Tonylinc

Don't shoot the messenger but from a source within the academy staff is we will be playing home games in Northamptonshire if the ground debate doesn't get resolved within the next 2 weeks.

I asked which ground and was told its not the rugby club ground but ex R&D / KTFC ground (already reported that the electricity has been switched on by an un named 3rd party)

Bang!!!(10 characters)

Lord_Nampil

The fact nene park is more than 30 miles away from Coventry, and as such out of the radius in which the club could move by league rules, I don't think this is realistic!

ccfcrob

It's all crazy we will be at the ricoh otherwise the council have a big office with a massive back garden to mow

Tonylinc

The fact nene park is more than 30 miles away from Coventry, and as such out of the radius in which the club could move by league rules, I don't think this is realistic!
The league may make an exception if Sisu can convince them that it is only for a short while. Alternatively; Sisu FC :whistle:

Grendel

so over to Ms Sepala for her considered opinion, or maybe MR Fisher might wish to comment ?

I do agree that the way fans are being treated is a disgrace.

I am of the opinion that both sides play this game. When the suggestion was that the club would not fulfil the last 3 games at the Ricoh I know that the police were told we would the ground staff were told we would and the players trained there.

Relations between the two sides its been suggested are also at least on a personal level not as bad as they seem to want us to believe.

It's filli busting from both sides.

rupert_bear

And who is going to pay the Police bill, anybody thought of that ? The ratepayers of Northamtonshire, doubt it. Police budgets are slashed to the bone.
This week a carnival in Warwick was cancelled because they couldn't afford half a dozen coppers what chance a few thousand footie fans marauding around Rushton.

Nene Park. Quite a nice little ground but only holds about 6.5k I think. I live in Northampton so I guess not so bad for me but surely has to be just short term. Cov city need to play in Cov. I just wish the bickering children would sort their lives out and we could just get on with playing football, at the Ricoh.

The 6,500 capacity surely means a drop of 3,000 (if lucky) from Ricoh average of 9,500 (last few games) thus losing say £18 av per ticket x 3,000 drop in attendance x 23 home games = approx £1.25M + other income: programmes etc - so what on earth do we gain from this ridiculous proposal to move ???

wingy

I do agree that the way fans are being treated is a disgrace.

I am of the opinion that both sides play this game. When the suggestion was that the club would not fulfil the last 3 games at the Ricoh I know that the police were told we would the ground staff were told we would and the players trained there.

Relations between the two sides its been suggested are also at least on a personal level not as bad as they seem to want us to believe.

It's filli busting from both sides.

On the basis of this post i have to ask if you've signed the CT Petition?:thinking about:

Noggin

Nene Park is an hour from the center of Coventry in good traffic, if we got more than 3k Cov fans average over the season there I'd be amazed. Especially if we are there it will almost certainly be a season fighting against relegation.

The club as we know it wont survive a move like that imo, especially since any plan to build a stadium will take years. By the time its done we will have no fan base.

Tonylinc

Is it just my imagination or did the "City of Coventry", sign get moved just prior to us moving in to the Ricoh?

Flying Fokker

Don't think you will have a problem supporting your new club. Few people from Coventry will be there so good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread