Contingency ground is..... (1 Viewer)

James Smith

Football clubs lose money and when you say guess why not just say yes they would. Look at the collosal loses forest have ramped up. Or are you saying you want the club run as a self sufficient sustainable business? That really will go down well with supporters demanding promotion.
Promotion? I'll be happier with survival at the moment. Yeah Football clubs lose money and very few actually make money I've been a Coventry supporter for long enough to know that's true. This also means that someone needs to bankroll these losses as you can't spend what you don't have or can't borrow. So far our lovely hedge fund owners, (as well as annoying the club supporters and alienating the stadium management company) have been bankrolling these losses (i.e. runing up debts to themselves) whatever the actual figures are. What happens when their financial support runs out? One of the reasons for ACL building up the events/concerts/exhibitions buiness side of the Ricoh is so that when it becomes part of CCFC there is a stronger financial base for the club to be able to draw on for revenues/FFP.

I'm all for ACL being part of CCFC just not when SISU are anything to do with our club.

dongonzalos

Promotion? I'll be happier with survival at the moment. Yeah Football clubs lose money and very few actually make money I've been a Coventry supporter for long enough to know that's true. This also means that someone needs to bankroll these losses as you can't spend what you don't have or can't borrow. So far our lovely hedge fund owners, (as well as annoying the club supporters and alienating the stadium management company) have been bankrolling these losses (i.e. runing up debts to themselves) whatever the actual figures are. What happens when their financial support runs out? One of the reasons for ACL building up the events/concerts/exhibitions buiness side of the Ricoh is so that when it becomes part of CCFC there is a stronger financial base for the club to be able to draw on for revenues/FFP.

I'm all for ACL being part of CCFC just not when SISU are anything to do with our club.

Agree completely

Tonylinc

Could not agree more with that. If ever Sisu got their hands on the Ricoh I think that we all know what would happen.

Grendel

Could not agree more with that. If ever Sisu got their hands on the Ricoh I think that we all know what would happen.

What? Take it down brick by brick and rebuild in the Cayman Islands?

torchomatic

Actually we don't. Why not tell us.

Users who are viewing this thread