Comedians (2 Viewers)

Otis

I actually find the delivery really rather difficult, and makes it impossible for me to listen to or watch her.
Yeah, I get that and I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about others. I personally find her delivery uncomfortable. I just so want her to be able to get her words out and I sort of feel for her more than my trying to pay attention to the joke.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yeah, I get that and I wasn't talking about me, I was talking about others. I personally find her delivery uncomfortable. I just so want her to be able to get her words out and I sort of feel for her more than my trying to pay attention to the joke.
It can be difficult given her disability as sometimes you've reached the punchline a long time before she can deliver it, so even if it's funny you've already finished laughing by the time it happens and then it's a sort-of sympathy laugh to show you liked it.

She also gets away with a load of stuff because of her disability and she knows it. Even admitted she defrauded TfL out of thousands not paying for travel by playing up her CP when ticket inspectors came around and getting staff to let her out emergency gates.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Sean lock, Stewart Lee, Steve coogan, Jerry sadowitz and Rob Newman are the top 5 gigs I can remember.....

Recently caught up with Keith Carter who still cracks me up, but his best stuff was 20 years ago as Nige, the park road scally

rob9872

Jerry Sadowitz was awful when I saw just before lockdown. Loved him from about 20 years ago and saw he was on at the assembly, went along and was the exact same set he was doing back then. Wouldn't go again.

JAM See

Sean lock, Stewart Lee, Steve coogan, Jerry sadowitz and Rob Newman are the top 5 gigs I can remember.....

Recently caught up with Keith Carter who still cracks me up, but his best stuff was 20 years ago as Nige, the park road scally
Sadowitz is a fucking madman. Can't work out if it's a persona or not. Brilliant magician too.

Good luck finding anything from him on YouTube though (you won't).

Otis

It’s alright if you like Ricky Gervais. Like most of his stuff I found some bit hilarious and some bits not so great.
Exactly the same here. I thought it started off well, but about half way through I had pretty much stopped laughing.

Very patchy.

LastGarrison

Yeah I watched it last night as well and it made me laugh all the way through but again not elite level stand up.

I do like him though and still can’t believe people are in ‘uproar’ when you know exactly what he’s about and he actually explains it throughout his set.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah I watched it last night as well and it made me laugh all the way through but again not elite level stand up.

I do like him though and still can’t believe people are in ‘uproar’ when you know exactly what he’s about and he actually explains it throughout his set.

People don't watch it or try to get it, they just see a clip online and go off on one.

ajsccfc

I love the Office but it's been dwindling returns since. His last show was poor, just grinding his axe about Twitter having idiots for far too much of it.

stay_up_skyblues

Just watched it and thought it was great. Much better than Jimmy Carr’s special for me.

The bit about weaning paedo’s off children with dwarves 🤣

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Loving how there are Trans Activists kicking off and doing exactly what Gervais said they would. (Even though it was their quotes that were the funny bit).

shmmeee

To be clear:

Rosie Jones (disabled comedian not very funny on all the panel shows):

1653569116459.jpeg

Rosie Holt (Twitter comedian, not very funny, keeps fooling people into thinking she’s a real MP):

1653569163122.jpeg

clint van damme

Watched the new Ricky Gervais, was pretty good. Not as good as his earlier shows but I'd imagine losing your edge is bound to happen when you're a multi millionaire

rob9872

Loving how there are Trans Activists kicking off and doing exactly what Gervais said they would. (Even though it was their quotes that were the funny bit).
Tbf about time someone had the balls to stand up for their rights

Terry Gibson's perm

Went to see Joe Lycett on Friday night and it was the worst show I have been to I honestly didn’t laugh once and his warm up comedian was useless as well, my wife who thinks he is great said before he started the main part of the show shall we just go this is shit.

She described yesterday like one of those useless courses that your company sends you on.

AOM

Went to see Joe Lycett on Friday night and it was the worst show I have been to I honestly didn’t laugh once and his warm up comedian was useless as well, my wife who thinks he is great said before he started the main part of the show shall we just go this is shit.

She described yesterday like one of those useless courses that your company sends you on.

Wow really, I went to see his show in B'ham last night and thought he was brilliant.
He got a standing ovation at the end as well.
Not sure if the same support act as Friday but quite enjoyed him too

Sky_Blue_Daz

Going to see Clinton Baptiste In October at The Albany theatre , which I’m really looking forward to

Terry_dactyl

Wow really, I went to see his show in B'ham last night and thought he was brilliant.
I agree. Saw him in Cardiff and thought he was fantastic.

However, agree with @Terry Gibson's perm about the warm up act…assuming it was the same bloke…he was absolute shite.

Reactions: AOM

Terry Gibson's perm

Josh Pugh or something was the support act a guy with long curly hair.

Si80

Josh Pugh or something was the support act a guy with long curly hair.
The next big thing in comedy I reckon. He had a great Edinburgh Fringe with rave reviews. A Cov lad I think (certainly lives close from the stuff he’s said on podcasts I listen to).

Loved the Lycett gig. I went to Leicester DeMontford a month or so ago. Different support act though who picked me out on the front row for some ribbing.

Reactions: AOM

JAM See

Stewart Lee is coming to the Belgrade next year.

Not to everybody's taste, but I find him hilarious.

rob9872

Stewart Lee is coming to the Belgrade next year.

Not to everybody's taste, but I find him hilarious.
He's a c**t. I think I'd rather watch Miranda and she's as funny as a funeral

Users who are viewing this thread