Comedians (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Went to see one of my favourite comedians Milton Jones at Warwick Arts centre last night. Didnt disappoint, tears of laughter throughout. Clever use of words and one liners

Was ably supported by Tom Houghton.

Not a swear word from either all night.

Anyone else go ? And who are others favourites?

LastGarrison

He’s not widely liked on here but Jimmy Carr is still my favourite.

Used to love Sean Lock as well and still have the ticket somewhere when we totally forgot about his gig!

Saw Rob Beckett at the Assembly Gardens and Geoff Norcott in Solihull and both were good but you can tell the difference between the good and the top level.

Saw the Scouse comedian Paul Smith at the comedy club in Liverpool and at the Rialto and really like him but his best work is interacting with the crowd rather than the actual stand up routine.

Think I’ve said on here before but Frankie Boyle was a major disappointment and just wasn’t funny.

Randomly also saw Bernard Manning at the Walsgrave Club years ago and he was an unfunny fat racist c**t.

clint van damme

He’s not widely liked on here but Jimmy Carr is still my favourite.

Used to love Sean Lock as well and still have the ticket somewhere when we totally forgot about his gig!

Saw Rob Beckett at the Assembly Gardens and Geoff Norcott in Solihull and both were good but you can tell the difference between the good and the top level.

Saw the Scouse comedian Paul Smith at the comedy club in Liverpool and at the Rialto and really like him but his best work is interacting with the crowd rather than the actual stand up routine.

Think I’ve said on here before but Frankie Boyle was a major disappointment and just wasn’t funny.

Randomly also saw Bernard Manning at the Walsgrave Club years ago and he was an unfunny fat racist c**t.

I nearly passed out watching Frankie Boyle I was laughing that much!
Used to go and watch a lot of comedians but haven't seen one for ages.

Moff

I go and see a lot of Comedians
Went to see one of my favourite comedians Milton Jones at Warwick Arts centre last night. Didnt disappoint, tears of laughter throughout. Clever use of words and one liners

Was ably supported by Tom Houghton.

Not a swear word from either all night.

Anyone else go ? And who are others favourites?

I go and see a lot of Comedians but gave Milton Jones a miss (which was sad as I do like him) as my ex wife and her man were there and I don't like to breathe the same air as them ;)

Last one I saw was Jimmy Carr, who was very funny, but isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I've seen lots of different ones, the best I can recall in recent years was Greg Davies, his monologues are excellent.

Next one I'm seeing is Rhod Gilbert at the Spa Centre, and like NW hope to see Henning Wehn as well

LastGarrison

I nearly passed out watching Frankie Boyle I was laughing that much!
Used to go and watch a lot of comedians but haven't seen one for ages.
I think I saw him in his fat, not arsed staged, where his retorts to hecklers was just wishing cancer on them rather than being actually funny. Was a shame as thought he was hilarious on Mock the Week etc.

Another unpopular opinion is that I’ve never really found that many female comedians funny but would love to go and see Katherine Ryan.

clint van damme

I think I saw him in his fat, not arsed staged, where his retorts to hecklers was just wishing cancer on them rather than being actually funny. Was a shame as thought he was hilarious on Mock the Week etc.

Another unpopular opinion is that I’ve never really found that many female comedians funny but would love to go and see Katherine Ryan.

Yeah, would have been over a decade ago when I saw him.

Terry_dactyl

Saw Alan Partridge a couple of weeks ago. Enjoyed that.
I saw him last night. Doesn’t disappoint!

I’ve seen a few lately…mostly rearranged from pandemic. Ed Byrne was very good. Ed Gamble was amazing, I was literally crying with laughter. I was surprised at how surreal he is.
We also went to see Henning Wehn. I’ve seen him before and enjoyed it and really like him on the radio. However we both thought he was a bit shit. First half was a lot of his very old routine and the second was an ‘impartial view of the pandemic’. Which was surprising as it didn’t really align with my view of things and, more importantly, wasnt very funny.

rob9872

Enjoy quite a few of hem but Micky Flanagan my favourite, closely followed by Kevin Bridges and Jimmy Carr. Peter Kay would be included but nothing original for years, Frankie Boyle now too political but used to like.

Can't stand Michael McIntyre or John Bishop and never got the hype around Lee Evans who I don't find funny at all.

Terry Gibson's perm

Saw Jason Manford at the Warwick arts centre a couple of weeks ago and he was very good as was his support act.

Going to see Henning Wehn and Joe Lycett later in the year.

Saw Kerry Godliman at the glee club and she was brilliant.

Saw Milton Jones at the glee on his tour warm up and he did not disappoint.

Saw Gary Delaney at the Glee club last year and he was by far the best I have seen from the above and it was about £15 for a ticket.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Most recent one i've seen was Stuart Lee and he was brilliant, i can imagine he won't be for everyone though. Gary Delaney, Romesh Ranganathan and Bill Burr i've seen in the last few years too, all very good

rob9872

Reminded me on here of a couple I can't stand Stuart Lee and Joe Lycett. Wouldn't cross the road to see either of those for free.

Terry Gibson's perm

Reminded me on here of a couple I can't stand Stuart Lee and Joe Lycett. Wouldn't cross the road to see either of those for free.

My wife has pushed me into going to see Lycett but I might use it as a revenge mission and sit there stone faced like she did with Gary Delaney

Otis

Saw Jason Manford at the Warwick arts centre a couple of weeks ago and he was very good as was his support act.

Going to see Henning Wehn and Joe Lycett later in the year.

Saw Kerry Godliman at the glee club and she was brilliant.

Saw Milton Jones at the glee on his tour warm up and he did not disappoint.

Saw Gary Delaney at the Glee club last year and he was by far the best I have seen from the above and it was about £15 for a ticket.
I really like both Kerry Godliman and Gary Delaney

Otis

Haven't seen much of Joe Lycett, but I think at times, Stuart Lee is excellent. I especially love his Top Gear skit.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Have heard Peter Kay is on the verge of a comeback .

Got tickets to see Mike bubbins in Birmingham next March

Seen quite a few comedians been lucky too see Billy connelly twice , first time was at Birmingham symphony hall which is a great venue .
Is there any open mic nights in Cov ?

Si80

Have heard Peter Kay is on the verge of a comeback .

Got tickets to see Mike bubbins in Birmingham next March

Seen quite a few comedians been lucky too see Billy connelly twice , first time was at Birmingham symphony hall which is a great venue .
Is there any open mic nights in Cov ?
Theirs a few work in progress gigs at the Assembly Fields. Sophie Dukor, Rosie Jones and a few others are pencilled in.

Greg Davies is by far the best I’ve seen. Have watched Ed Gamble, James Acaster, Russell Howard, Jack Whitehall, Sarah Millican and Peter Kay over the years. All great.

Have tickets for Joe Lycett and Sarah Millican later on this year that I’m looking forwards too. Millican is very different live to her tv persona.

It’sabatch87

I saw Bernard Manning at the lockhurst lane club early 90’s.
I can honestly say I have never laughed so much before or since.
The bloke was a genius.
I do like Peter Kay, Lee Mack and Kevin Bridges of the recent ones though!!

Reactions: KAB

Sbarcher

Saw Milton Jones at the Fringe some years ago amongst many others. Booked accommodation and travel only yesterday for this years Fringe. It’s a great event and normally see 6 shows a day. Bloody knackered after a week.

skybluetony176

Got in the habit of watching live comedy again before lockdown. Saw Greg Davies, Sarah Millican, Rob Becket and Romesh within the space of about 2 years. Enjoyed them all, Rob Becket was the least funny but still a good night out. Romesh and Sarah Millican being the best. Now things are calming down might plan to do some more later in the year and next year.

skybluetony176

I saw Bernard Manning at the lockhurst lane club early 90’s.
I can honestly say I have never laughed so much before or since.
The bloke was a genius.
I do like Peter Kay, Lee Mack and Kevin Bridges of the recent ones though!!
Bernard Manning is one of the best deliverers of a punchline ever. Shame about some of his material.

Flying Fokker

Theirs a few work in progress gigs at the Assembly Fields. Sophie Dukor, Rosie Jones and a few others are pencilled in.

Greg Davies is by far the best I’ve seen. Have watched Ed Gamble, James Acaster, Russell Howard, Jack Whitehall, Sarah Millican and Peter Kay over the years. All great.

Have tickets for Joe Lycett and Sarah Millican later on this year that I’m looking forwards too. Millican is very different live to her tv persona.
Rosie Jones. What is it about her humour?

Terry_dactyl

Mrs D’s brother and sister in-law had tickets to see the same Partridge show last night, it was cancelled 30 mins before the doors open due to illness.
I hope he’s alright but glad we went the night before. Not only as we got to see him but also cos I dont like Mrs D’s sister in-law…kiss my face!

Otis

She’s ok on tv stuff I find, but I wouldn’t want to watch a 60min set of hers.
I do find her quite funny. Her delivery is obviously slower than most comedians, but maybe the anticipation of the punchline makes it funnier. 🤷

rob9872

Fair play for battling against being stereotyped but to judge her fairly against her peers based on humour alone which is what I'm sure she'd want, then I don't find her even remotely funny.

clint van damme

Fair play for battling against being stereotyped but to judge her fairly against her peers based on humour alone which is what I'm sure she'd want, then I don't find her even remotely funny.

Every 'comic' sketch I've seen on twitter has been dross and shes no exception.

Reactions: KAB

Users who are viewing this thread