Coleman (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

given the performance of wales were we a little short sighted with coleman as a manager. Should we have given him more time and was it sisu selling his top players who are really to blame

Terry Gibson's perm

Did I miss us having Gareth Bale then? A one man team useless but lucky manager as lucky to have Bale

shy_tall_knight

This is CC's last 11 games wonder why he got the sack

13 March 2010
15:00
Coventry City 1–1 Plymouth Argyle

16 March 2010
19:45
Coventry City 1–2 Cardiff City

21 March 2010
14:00
Leicester City 2–2 Coventry City

24 March 2010
19:45
West Bromwich Albion 1–0 Coventry City

27 March 2010
Coventry City 1–1 Sheffield Wednesday

3 April 2010
Coventry City 0–1 Derby County
5 April 2010
Reading 3–0 Coventry City

10 April 2010
Sheffield United 1–0 Coventry City

17 April 2010
Coventry City 1–1 Preston North End

24 April 2010
Middlesbrough 1–1 Coventry City
McDonald
13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png
52' (report) Gunnarsson
13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png
58'

2 May 2010
13:00
Coventry City 0–4 Watford
y

Grendel

He was dog shit

Sky_Blue_Daz

Did he have another spell of 11 games when we never won that season
Given the squad he had he failed big time

eastwoodsdustman

The only time I wavered with renewing my season ticket was when he was in charge. Renewed it the day he got sacked. Shocking performances from a team who could and should have done a lot lot better.

skyblue1991

The best squad we had since relegation and the best chance we had of getting back into the Premier League and he fucked it.

We don't have Gareth Bale or Aaron Ramsey at our helm. Coleman was shit for us.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Pipehitterz

He proved how shit he was earlier, appealing to the ref for a foul when the 2 williams clashed .
Idiot
And
Shit
Piss
Head

Hobo

He didn't do it for us. He was given reasonable finances too.

chiefdave

He didn't do it for us. He was given reasonable finances too.
I remember him being interview on Late Kick Off and he claimed he was promised a certain amount of money in each transfer window that never materialised. Putting the blame squarely on the owners of the club. That said I would guess he had the biggest budget of any manager under SISU and some of the best players so even if you assume its true, and it sounds like the sort of thing SISU would do, I'm not sure it really excuses how poor we were.

Captain Dart

given the performance of wales were we a little short sighted with coleman as a manager. Should we have given him more time and was it sisu selling his top players who are really to blame

If he'd have bought Bale and Ramsay I'm sure he would have got us promotion, but instead he signed the dream team of Eastwood and Morrison.

BackRoomRummermill

He has been mega lucky in the euros , even only got through on a own goal, they will get hammered when they meet real opposition. Colemon is a shit manager , riding his luck . It's really annoying for me knowing how crap he really is.

A bit like AT bless him "...................

singers_pore

Let's face it, a manager's "success" is 99.9% down to the quality of the players. Ranieri wasn't an exceptionally talented manager before he went to Leicester and he didn't suddenly become talented overnight. Ditto Coleman.

lewys33

I'm a Wales fan and I cannot stand the bloke. Tactically inept. The tactics against England were woeful. We played well against Russia but their defence were all over the place. Generally the main reasons for the progress is bale and the team spirit. Don't want to take performances away from other individuals as some have been fantastic but it's hard to deny the bale effect.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Let's face it, a manager's "success" is 99.9% down to the quality of the players. Ranieri wasn't an exceptionally talented manager before he went to Leicester and he didn't suddenly become talented overnight. Ditto Coleman.

To be fair Ranieri finagled second in the league with Chelsea last time round. So couldn't be that bad?

Yes he's had some bad stints since then (Greece, but then again it was Greece!) but still not got a bad record

Covstu

Gary speed made first initial strides with the Wales squad, Coleman inherited a decent squad with little work needed. O'neill on the other hand had to rebuild and built a fantastic team spirit in N Ireland

Skyblueweeman

I think O'Neill's done his career prospects no harm at all. Guided us to top spot in qualifying and although we're going home, he organised us well enough to beat the Ukrainians and only concede 3 goals against a decent Polski side, the World Champions and one of which was an unfortunate OG.

We didn't play the best football apart from against the Ukraine and parts of the Welsh game but as Stu intimated at, O'Neill's taken a squad full of primarily L1, L2 and Scottish league players (& without Chris Brunt...arguably our best player) and given a damned good account of ourselves.

Coleman has done well with Wales but he's still a shit-bag for his time here. Has a fit missus though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bumberclart

Just waiting for Coleman to get a Prem job offer on the back of what he's achieved.
Hopefully he'll end up at Sunderland. :)

trondegilsoltvedt97

A terrible manager. Wales have been lucky not to face anyone decent so far in the tournament apart from England - when they sat back on their lead and got away with it for a long time. I think Belgium will have a field day

lewys33

A terrible manager. Wales have been lucky not to face anyone decent so far in the tournament apart from England - when they sat back on their lead and got away with it for a long time. I think Belgium will have a field day

Ah yes super England. That finishing 2nd in the group was a real belter. They along with wales will not make it to the semi's.

trondegilsoltvedt97

Ah yes super England. That finishing 2nd in the group was a real belter. They along with wales will not make it to the semi's.
Have we not dominated each game?
Have we not have most of the possession?
Have we not had more shots on target than all opposition?

Each team we have played so far have tried to stop us from playing, by sitting back and being diffiuclt to break down. Yes, this is a tactic which we must overcome - but teams won't be able to this so much in the knockout stages.
If we beat Iceland tonight, we'll beat France in the next round. They will be more open and easier to breakdown.

fernandopartridge

Have we not dominated each game?
Have we not have most of the possession?
Have we not had more shots on target than all opposition?

Each team we have played so far have tried to stop us from playing, by sitting back and being diffiuclt to break down. Yes, this is a tactic which we must overcome - but teams won't be able to this so much in the knockout stages.
If we beat Iceland tonight, we'll beat France in the next round. They will be more open and easier to breakdown.

That's funny isn't it, not certain about beating Iceland but France will be easy!

Users who are viewing this thread