Coleman (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date

Brylowes

Have we not dominated each game?
Have we not have most of the possession?
Have we not had more shots on target than all opposition?

Each team we have played so far have tried to stop us from playing, by sitting back and being diffiuclt to break down. Yes, this is a tactic which we must overcome - but teams won't be able to this so much in the knockout stages.
If we beat Iceland tonight, we'll beat France in the next round. They will be more open and easier to breakdown.
I don't think we are very good, yet still don't think we are as good as we think we are.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

Lets face it after the scouting network fuck ups of the past if Messi had of been on the radar those clowns would have missed it..and Colemans wonderful signings of Eastwood etc has the imaginary vision of Stevie Wonder

lewys33

Have we not dominated each game?
Have we not have most of the possession?
Have we not had more shots on target than all opposition?

Each team we have played so far have tried to stop us from playing, by sitting back and being diffiuclt to break down. Yes, this is a tactic which we must overcome - but teams won't be able to this so much in the knockout stages.
If we beat Iceland tonight, we'll beat France in the next round. They will be more open and easier to breakdown.

giphy.gif

JimmyHillsbeard

doing a great job for Wales to be fair to him but he was a disaster for City.

Actually he was a disaster for Wales for the first dozen games or so. Credit to him for turning it around but can't help feeling it was to do with the players more than him.

He was crap with us. Just phoned it in thinking he was better than us. Didn't improve any of our players with his coaching.

Brylowes

:)
Terrible performance. I still think if we had of gone through we'd have beaten France for the reasons above. Ultimately if you concede stupid goals and can't break a team down you will lose. (Not being able to pass 10 yards or control a ball doesn't help either...)
To be honest it's probably just as well we lost to Iceland
As I don't think we'd have had a chance of getting past
"Farm Foods" in the next round. :)

idm1975

Coleman not interested in the England job as he is welsh, and pants of course, but he wants to have a word with half his fucking team about that line of thought really!

Covstu

It was a daft link anyway,many are England so arrogant that we can just take anyone's manager? They will be after our Tony next!

asiaskyblues

Lets face it after the scouting network fuck ups of the past if Messi had of been on the radar those clowns would have missed it..and Colemans wonderful signings of Eastwood etc has the imaginary vision of Stevie Wonder

Why did you have to use an example of Stevie Wonder to emphasize blindness? Why couldn't you just say 'of a blind person'? The guy is blind, but more successful than you will ever be, and you just easily use him to empasize a point you want to make on a football site, go figure!

covcity4life

colemans doing well but i still think wales being in the semis is hugely down to gary speed

wouldnt be surprised to see coleman struggle elsewhere

covcity4life

he started the turn around for wales, they were sky rocketing when coleman took over

now he has done great to keep it going and even take it to new heights. i am just syaing alot of it is down to speed and im not 100% sure coleman will be a huge success elsewhere

Sky Blue Kid

Actually he was a disaster for Wales for the first dozen games or so. Credit to him for turning it around but can't help feeling it was to do with the players more than him.

He was crap with us. Just phoned it in thinking he was better than us. Didn't improve any of our players with his coaching.
Coleman was riding on the back of Gary Speed, simple as that.

Hobo

The man bought Mark Wright when his legs were gone, David Bell when he had no legs and sideways Sammy. Coleman is fucking useless.

Orca

He's just been interviewed about his career as a manager: "It's hard. If you get it wrong two times it's hard to get that third job. I got it wrong at Coventry and I could give you some sob stories but honestly I should have done better".

theferret

The man bought Mark Wright when his legs were gone, David Bell when he had no legs and sideways Sammy. Coleman is fucking useless.

Is it me or are some people trying way to hard to find reasons why Coleman deserves no credit for what he has done with Wales?

So he failed here, so what. The history of this club is littered with managers that have under-achieved, he is just one of many.

This place is full of shit pundits who think they have some sort of unique insight.

lewys33

Is it me or are some people trying way to hard to find reasons why Coleman deserves no credit for what he has done with Wales?

So he failed here, so what. The history of this club is littered with managers that have under-achieved, he is just one of many.

This place is full of shit pundits who think they have some sort of unique insight.

In all honesty, Wales are a decent side. The midfield is up there with the best, and whilst I am shocked we've made it to the semi's I am still quite annoyed at the tactics used against England.

Orca

Coleman is proving to be a great motivator of a talented bunch of players. He also proved here that he's not so astute in the transfer market so he ended up being hamstrung by his own squad's limitations.

I suspect that Coleman has got lucky given the legacy created by Toshack (Speed only managed Wales for 10 games or so IIRC) - their motto, 'together stronger' is not just some corny hashtag, it's clear that the players are in it together. He's clearly learned a lot from his other management jobs, including here (he said yesterday about 'sob stories' he could have mentioned - I suspect that's to do with availability of budget etc).

This Welsh team all got plucked from the 21s and 19s and thrown in at the deep end together and now they're reaping the rewards.

As an Englishman, we can't and won't do that, but I do think that there's a better way of doing things. England are shit at tournaments - we've no idea who to win a game when it really counts. We've only won 6 (yes six!) games in the knockout stages (two in extra time and one on penalties) since 1966. We should take the current U21s and all the players in the senior squad that are still eligible for the 21s and play them together in qualifying and the finals of the 2017 U21 Euros in Poland. Teach these players how to win a tournament. We might stand a chance in 6 or 8 years then.

Hobo

No his current achievements are where he is at. But as I am not a Wales fan I don't care how well he might or might not be doing. But being a Coventry fan I do care that he was shit for us and played apart in our demise.

lifeskyblue

Coleman didn't do well here...and he acknowledges that. He is doing well at Wales and should get credit. I wonder as we have had a succession of managers who have flattered to deceive whilst here...Coleman, Pressley (even thorn started ok) and even TM last season whether there is something at the club that prevents promise turning into real progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hobo

Coleman didn't do well here...and he acknowledges that. He is doing well at Wales and should get credit. I wonder as we have had a succession of managers who have flattered to deceive whilst here...Coleman, Pressley (even thorn started ok) and even TM last season whether there is something at the club that prevents promise turning into real progress.

I have felt that for years. Pressley was one of the few to try and tackle attitudes, bomb squad, throwing a wobbler in the dressing room after pathetic Worcester performance, pointing out our scouting system was non existent and started to bring in two or three decent signings in the end. But the fans lambasted him. He had his shortcomings and made mistakes, but he had passion and wanted Coventry to succeed.

You don't get success unless the organisation is right from top to bottom. Coventry City Senior Management Team have been rubbish for decades. They just don't transmit the desire for success. Everything is rather tired and shoddy.

Orca

I have felt that for years. Pressley was one of the few to try and tackle attitudes, bomb squad, throwing a wobbler in the dressing room after pathetic Worcester performance, pointing out our scouting system was non existent and started to bring in two or three decent signings in the end. But the fans lambasted him. He had his shortcomings and made mistakes, but he had passion and wanted Coventry to succeed.

You don't get success unless the organisation is right from top to bottom. Coventry City Senior Management Team have been rubbish for decades. They just don't transmit the desire for success. Everything is rather tired and shoddy.

Shoddy is right. Lots of meaningless platitudes and empty promises. Rotten at the core. At least we had something to cheer for most of last season.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

There certainly is

Monners

Wales in the first half last night was like Cov under Coleman. No urgency and no plan. And dull!!

Users who are viewing this thread