club to hold meetings with fans (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

My point is if you believe the council should act purely in their commercial best interest then you also must support sisu fm for doing the same. Both may make the wrong decision. However if the view is the council owe the community asset nothing then certainly no one should expect the hedge fund to do so either.

They've bought out CWR? Always knew Linnell couldn't be trusted.

Grendel

It would surely enable us to cross invoice revenue would it not? Equally once the mortgage is repaid we would then be able to take dividends.

There never have been dividends though. I've tried to look at the arrangement today and the way I read it is that purchase of the share is technically worthless. No revenues unless agreed by the council and the rent is of course outside the arrangement.

Seriously this is a basket case. Without major concessions the club is finished.

Brighton Sky Blue

There never have been dividends though. I've tried to look at the arrangement today and the way I read it is that purchase of the share is technically worthless. No revenues unless agreed by the council and the rent is of course outside the arrangement.

Seriously this is a basket case. Without major concessions the club is finished.

No dividends because the mortgage hasn't been repaid. As I said earlier I think if SISU want any chance of appeasing their investors they need to sell to the highest bidder who then faces the task of securing the council's share.

Grendel

No dividends because the mortgage hasn't been repaid. As I said earlier I think if SISU want any chance of appeasing their investors they need to sell to the highest bidder who then faces the task of securing the council's share.

I don't see the council selling and most idiots on here will rejoice in that and at the same time wonder why there is no club to support.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't see the council selling and most idiots on here will rejoice in that and at the same time wonder why there is no club to support.

Unfortunately Mutton remains on Ann Lucas' 'Arena panel' so diddly squat will change. The only way out is if SISU go and a more palateable group take their place. They have to go.

letsallsingtogether

I think your the one who is Bonkers as a local landlord you expect me to buy a property rent it out and then when they don't pay their rent give it them for nothing so they then can sell it on for a profit therefore shafting me twice Get in the real world.
At the end you expect all councils to hand over all their properties just because it suits a business then put up our council tax because they are not making a profit you get nothing for nothing in this world just ask SISU they value the club at over £40 million??? :blue:
Missing the point. Point is if they think it is then we can't argue. The council I think should hand ACL over to the club. I think supporters are bonkers for siding with a bloody landlord. I think no one else will ever buy the club without ACL free of charge.

I think meltdown is around the corner and unless people like you don't wake up we will be doomed.

psgm1

Banned
So explain exactly WHY sisu couldn#t have purchased a licence for the F&B when they took over five years ago!

It's all very well blaming "the bloody landlords" but Grendel seems to mistake sisu for CCFC - This is not and never has been the case!

And who do the council ultimately work for ? The people of Coventry! HOW can this internet troll simply not get this? If the council makes money, then ultimately it is the people of coventry who get this money. It's a hobson's choice. Does this idiot GENUINELY believe that even if ACL or whoever gave away for free the concessions, that any of that money would be invested back in the club? Has he seen what sisu has done to this club during their time here?

The issue is not that sisu want the concession, it is that they want it for FREE! That simply is not on, and no matter what inane drivel is spouted about how the council has fleeced the club (even if you accept they have, which I don't for a second), this "fleecing" is utterly insignificant, when you compare that to the interest payments of loans taken out by sisu, in ccfc's names; the £2.6 million in management fees, and whatever else lurks in their confidential financial dealings".

I cannot believe after everything that has gone on there are people out there STILL ready to defend these people! The people who are supposed to have the welfare (after all the naming rights at this time, well at least under holdings), yet feel no compunction to threaten the very existence by claiming at one stage they will put the club into not just administration, but liquidation.

Has he forgotten that sisu are threatening to rip the club out of its own city - just to avoid paying rent that it signed a contract to pay! By sisu's AVOIDABLE actions, the club incurred 10 points.

And where exactly did sisu get this mythical figure of an average rent of £170k? Certainly not from the clubs that the misguided sisu apologists put up as a simile. When you consider the running costs of the keepmoat (a 15k stadium) to the ricoh, it is not far off the mark!

And even now if sisu put a REALISTIC plan into action, with REALISTIC goals, and should a genuine desire to move the club forward, it could technically be possible for a deal to be struck. Sadly sisu are totally intransigent. They have proven time and again that they enter negotiations in bad faith. Just look how they Dulux attacked hoff's bid last time, yet claimed they couldn't reveal their own hand because of confidentiality! They refused because apparently a form wasn't on headed notepaper!

But even this pales into nothing when you look how they treat the fans. They rip down placards, try and silence fans, spread rumour and proven lies. How many times have they said they have listened to the fans and have learned lessons?

Fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me! Sisu have treated the fans like mugs. They take for granted that ST holders will blindly renew their ST because they 100% support the club - thus they don't feel the need to do right by them.

And yet You STILL have people trying to defend these people!

THAT is just as indefensible as anything sisu have are and ever will do!

CCFC needs "fans" like this like they need a whole in the head!

Flying Fokker

Night shift?

Post good. I think it is time to move on though. Fewer people are posting their views on SISU in a positive way.

rupert_bear

Good post psgm1 factual and only an idiot could argue with (enter Grendel) As you correctly said Grendel, and others struggle to seperate ccfc and sisu and to crticise sisu is being disloyal to ccfc, crazy. As this plot thickens it becomes more and more obvious sisu are not ccfc, ltd or holdings they are sisu piggy backing ltd and holdings.

lordsummerisle

I think your the one who is Bonkers as a local landlord you expect me to buy a property rent it out and then when they don't pay their rent give it them for nothing so they then can sell it on for a profit therefore shafting me twice Get in the real world.
At the end you expect all councils to hand over all their properties just because it suits a business then put up our council tax because they are not making a profit you get nothing for nothing in this world just ask SISU they value the club at over £40 million??? :blue:

So you agree then that the club should look elsewhere cheaper if they can't afford the high rent?

That's the problem with analogies, they can lead anywhere.

bigfatronssba

Simple fact is if you run a business you, and you alone are responsible for that business. Sisu are the sole owners, they call all the shots. If they put themselves in a situation where they are vulnerable to administration by an outside company then that is poor management on their part.

The same goes for Acl, difference is though the owners of acl protected it against that vulnerability.

SkyBlueDaz

Why dont the trust refuse to speak to holdings, and only talk to the administrator? His is controlling LTD (football club)?

Noggin

So you agree then that the club should look elsewhere cheaper if they can't afford the high rent?

Sure if the club can find somewhere that meets our needs at significantly less rent than the 400k then they absolutely should do that.

But our needs absolutely positively must include 15k+ seats and in Coventry. If they can't manage that and they can't then the only reasonable option was to negotiate the rent down which they did well, and then agree a deal which they didn't.

They got a deal that was more than 3 times better than their current one, it was frankly ridiculous and completely unreasonable to expect to do better than that.

psgm1

Banned
Why dont the trust refuse to speak to holdings, and only talk to the administrator? His is controlling LTD (football club)?

PRECISELY. They CLAIM they are the voice of the fans, but when the shit hit the fan - they cosy up to sisu!

Think the trust are betraying the very people they claimed to represent!

procdoc

The idiot around here is you. Yet more nonsensical rubbish spouted. You seem to know very little about anything

Grendel

PRECISELY. They CLAIM they are the voice of the fans, but when the shit hit the fan - they cosy up to sisu!

Which fans are you referring to? Season ticket holders? Scum of the earth aren't they?

Grendel

The idiot around here is you. Yet more nonsensical rubbish spouted. You seem to know very little about anything

The council have already indicated reluctance to part with their prize asset we won't succeed as a football club without ownership of ACL.

Think what you like but without significant compromise we have no future.

James Smith

I thought it was more because ACL put any spare cash back into the complex rather than paying dividends?

Which of course is fantastic for a community asset and absolutely the right thing to do.

Doesn't help the club though.

The question to ask the club is if they'd continue to do the same on owning ACL.
Neither the charity or the council can take anything out of ACL until the mortgage is repaid.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/16830-The-Rent?p=186910&viewfull=1#post186910

J

Jack Griffin

The council have already indicated reluctance to part with their prize asset we won't succeed as a football club without ownership of ACL.

Think what you like but without significant compromise we have no future.

Yea, it is about time SISU compromised.

letsallsingtogether

So who do you represent ?

letsallsingtogether

No you pay what you agreed to pay move elsewhere if you want cheaper rent then when no one turns up moan that it is to expensive for the small crowds you get.
Move again to an even cheaper ground crowds drop again it's just a merry go round.
At the end of the day they were offered a good deal but because ACL won't hand over the ground to them for nothing they are upset.
Got the Club for nothing and look at the mess they made of it and you now want to give them the ground.
I wouldn't trust SISU with feeding my goldfish.:blue:

torchomatic

dongonzalos

So explain exactly WHY sisu couldn#t have purchased a licence for the F&B when they took over five years ago!

It's all very well blaming "the bloody landlords" but Grendel seems to mistake sisu for CCFC - This is not and never has been the case!

And who do the council ultimately work for ? The people of Coventry! HOW can this internet troll simply not get this? If the council makes money, then ultimately it is the people of coventry who get this money. It's a hobson's choice. Does this idiot GENUINELY believe that even if ACL or whoever gave away for free the concessions, that any of that money would be invested back in the club? Has he seen what sisu has done to this club during their time here?

The issue is not that sisu want the concession, it is that they want it for FREE! That simply is not on, and no matter what inane drivel is spouted about how the council has fleeced the club (even if you accept they have, which I don't for a second), this "fleecing" is utterly insignificant, when you compare that to the interest payments of loans taken out by sisu, in ccfc's names; the £2.6 million in management fees, and whatever else lurks in their confidential financial dealings".

I cannot believe after everything that has gone on there are people out there STILL ready to defend these people! The people who are supposed to have the welfare (after all the naming rights at this time, well at least under holdings), yet feel no compunction to threaten the very existence by claiming at one stage they will put the club into not just administration, but liquidation.

Has he forgotten that sisu are threatening to rip the club out of its own city - just to avoid paying rent that it signed a contract to pay! By sisu's AVOIDABLE actions, the club incurred 10 points.

And where exactly did sisu get this mythical figure of an average rent of £170k? Certainly not from the clubs that the misguided sisu apologists put up as a simile. When you consider the running costs of the keepmoat (a 15k stadium) to the ricoh, it is not far off the mark!

And even now if sisu put a REALISTIC plan into action, with REALISTIC goals, and should a genuine desire to move the club forward, it could technically be possible for a deal to be struck. Sadly sisu are totally intransigent. They have proven time and again that they enter negotiations in bad faith. Just look how they Dulux attacked hoff's bid last time, yet claimed they couldn't reveal their own hand because of confidentiality! They refused because apparently a form wasn't on headed notepaper!

But even this pales into nothing when you look how they treat the fans. They rip down placards, try and silence fans, spread rumour and proven lies. How many times have they said they have listened to the fans and have learned lessons?

Fool me once shame on you - fool me twice shame on me! Sisu have treated the fans like mugs. They take for granted that ST holders will blindly renew their ST because they 100% support the club - thus they don't feel the need to do right by them.

Where has this bloke been for the last 6 months?

Grendel

Where has this bloke been for the last 6 months?

Spouting garbage like he always does.

Do you think season ticket holders are scum -- he does.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
I remember a few years back when the company I worked for wanted to introduce a new shift pattern so had to try and get people to sign a new contract. Rather than have an 'are you going to sign' meeting, they hosted a few 'employees input into preferred shifts' sessions, which psychologically got people accepting that the new shifts were going to be introduced, even thought we still had a choice. My stance was that there was no point in me attending the consulation sessions because I wasn't going to sign. Needless to say everyone who did sign got screwed on the shifts.

Anyway, the point of this boring anecdote is this is what SISU are doing. Getting us to accept that they will still be here next season (and evermore) and strengthening their case with the administrator.

My view is that this leopard isn't ever going to change it's spots....

Tad

I hope something solid will come out of this. Otherwise it's just another coin in the merry go round.

Grendel

Bit of a pointless remark that. Why sell the original ground, why sell star players over many decades? Because we have sold star players for ever and a day are you saying we have to always do this?

I think you will find it is you that mistakes the club for SISU and this taints your already warped thought processes even more.

A ridiculous statement with no foundation. Are you saying that the City benefits from profit from the stadium and not the ACL management company. Perhaps you should do a comparison with other communities that assist the clubs - Swansea as a prime example - and see if the population adversely suffers from restricted services and increased taxation.

The over payment at £900,000 a season already equates to over £5 million. Your argument is ridiculous.

If SISU can benefit the shareholders by moving grounds I assume you will applaud this as you have already stated the council should look after tax payers and not supporter interests. If you take that stance (unlike me) you should welcome the move

The council and ACL bought about administration

Keepmoat currently costs £10,000. We already know maths is not your strong point -- let's just go easy on you on this one

Realistic to who? You, the tooth fairy or them?

ST holders -- remind me what are they?

They need fans who provide revenue -- you refer to them as scum I believe

Users who are viewing this thread