club to hold meetings with fans (1 Viewer)

D

Ddccfc

so in the interest of balance.......... it would be correct to say both sides are spending thousands on PR firms ....... but we can't name this weeks PR firm at CCFC/SISU :whistle:

Well that depends whether SISU actually pay their bills... ;)

lordsummerisle

So in your "family scenario" where do SISU fit in?

As a suggestion - SISU knock on the door of the "desperate parents'" house and tell them that they need to come in so as to give them glad tidings (well, you did say it was Xmas) of their wonderful lottery win. However, once through the door the evil SISU looks around for something of value that can be "liberated" from the house. Finding nothing, SISU then stumbles and knocks over the Xmas tree setting in chain a series of events that ends with the house being burned to the ground.

How's that sound? :D

They were probably let in by kindly Uncle Joe though who was staying over for the holidays, nice bloke, harmless, but wouldn't leave him in charge of carving the turkey!

lordsummerisle

Why doesn't TF just come on here and answer questions, like PWKH, you might not agree with what he has to say but at least he makes the effort. All these meetings with selected fans do is allow pre selected questions to be asked and pre written answers to be given. A healthy dose of cynicism is the approach i take in these things. Now on to the picture of the girl a few pages ago, i like it but i'm thinking she would look better with a pearl necklace.;)

He could do, but after a couple of pages of "Fuck Off Tim" and wanker smilies I expect he'd get a bit bored to be honest.

ccfcway

people turning up to these outside conducting a peaceful protest but no one actaully going to the forum would speak a lot louder than any words

covmark

people turning up to these outside conducting a peaceful protest but no one actaully going to the forum would speak a lot louder than any words

Yep that'll show em. They couldn't give a toss what the fans do, they're not going anywhere anyway

Brighton Sky Blue

Only standard practice for clubs trading insolvently. On the basis they will not sell many season tickets whilst they are playing at being in charge, how do SISU intend to service the repayments?

Depends who the debts are to. If it's to themselves they can do what they like. If it's to a third party...

oakey

By "refused to negotiate a deal that is commercially viable for the football club", does he mean, "refused to hand over a multiple million pound facility and all its revenue streams for nothing" ?
Is this negotiate like hostage takers? We get what we want or we kill the hostage, a certain football club.

By "refused to negotiate a deal that is commercially viable for the football club", does he mean, "refused to hand over a multiple million pound facility and all its revenue streams for nothing" ?
Is this negotiate like hostage takers? We get what we want or we kill the hostage, a certain football club.

It is looking more and more like that is the plan. Unfortunately.

covmark

Youd love them to stay wouldn't you.

Not particularly, but I'm not blinded by sisu hate and I fail to see how things will massively improve with new owners unless the council give up their pound of flesh, they're as cretinous as sisu imo

Nonleagueherewecome

The stadium and ACL which they are holding the club to ransom for.

Funniest post ever. You truly do go from strength to strength!

bigfatronssba

The stadium and ACL which they are holding the club to ransom for.

Have Sisu ever actually put a serious bid in for the ground?

oakey

Not particularly, but I'm not blinded by sisu hate and I fail to see how things will massively improve with new owners unless the council give up their pound of flesh, they're as cretinous as sisu imo
IMO you are entitled to your view but it is actually like a judge who listens to evidence but refuses to make a judgement. Weigh the evidence and it is obvious which party is the aggressor and which has tried a reasonable position but been shafted repeatedly.

BTW Can a moderator remove the offensive post referencing tampons? Gratuitous, misogynistic and offensive.

covmark

What sisu did wrong was failing to take these measures as soon as they took over when they had the majority of the fans backing, now they are pretty much universally hated they can't win

ajsccfc

Fisher will be found out as will the others, just hold the faith

At this point what's to be found out with them? Unless he tears off his human mask to show he's a lizard person here to take the Earth's water he can't really do much that's hard to believe.

Nonleagueherewecome

At this point what's to be found out with them? Unless he tears off his human mask to show he's a lizard person here to take the Earth's water he can't really do much that's hard to believe.

Surely our "former goalkeeper" should be brought in to reveal the truth?! Worth it for the Scooby Doo moment when he tries to rip the mask off only to draw blood as he scratches frenziedly away at Fisher's bloated, sneering visage..

D

Ddccfc

Nobody is completely blameless in this mess. The sooner it gets sorted the better. Unfortunately, I can't foresee a speedy resolution to this. I'd be surprised if this is sorted before 2014. Too many egos involved I'm afraid.

The judicial review could be a pivotal moment. Don't underestimate the consequences if ACL / CCC are found to have acted inappropriately.

Equally, if the administrator finds that Holdings has no rights in relation to fielding a team in the Football League... Well then it gets even messier.

The only losers are the fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

Grendel

Surely you don't really believe that Grendel?

As you know my view is that the council and ACL have overcharged the club for the stadium. There is now a reduction but does that mean they acknowledge the overcharge previously. Whatever people try and say compared to other council run clubs this club has been poorly treated.

The argument that keeps coming back is that the club agreed to it, that the council and ACL are a business and they can do what they like with their stadium (though without the club it would never exist but never mind)

Ok let's extend that thought process. If a football club found the rent paid was unacceptable and in their view and alternate venue 30 miles away would make commercial sense and this was sanctioned by appropriate organisations I assume that those same people who appluad ACL would also support a club who took that stance. After all they are also acting for their shareholders and protecting the investment. No difference is there?

Grendel

wingy

What investors' money? The hedge fund? I don't know its parameters for investment, but I doubt if they stretch to paying the administration and legal costs of another company controlled by the fund manager. And I presume the bit about the 'whatever the cost' investor backing was tongue in cheek - unless it could be JS herself once she has sold her house.

depends if this really is a battle to the end to see who has the biggest gahoonas.

Arvo being the current funder could potentially tap into JS's personal connections in the USA which could blow a small metropolitan Council and its venture out of the water should they choose to.

RPHunt

depends if this really is a battle to the end to see who has the biggest gahoonas.

Arvo being the current funder could potentially tap into JS's personal connections in the USA which could blow a small metropolitan Council and its venture out of the water should they choose to.

Even if this was remotely true, why would they choose to throw away several million on something they are unlikely to win? Anyone with that kind of money didn't get it and hang on to it by backing hopeless cases like SISU in this sad mess.

bigfatronssba

Even if this was remotely true, why would they choose to throw away several million on something they are unlikely to win? Anyone with that kind of money didn't get it and hang on to it by backing hopeless cases like SISU in this sad mess.

Thats what I don't understand with them. Hedge funds usually act very quickly. They take over a business, try to restructure it and sell it on or if they cant, shut it down. What they don't do is piss about for 5 years losing money.

Grendel

Why are they unlikely to win? It's becoming obvious that the club is not really in administration at all. The council opened Pandora's box and we will all pay a price.

RPHunt

Thats what I don't understand with them. Hedge funds usually act very quickly. They take over a business, try to restructure it and sell it on or if they cant, shut it down. What they don't do is piss about for 5 years losing money.

Because this is not a hedge fund investment. SISU do manage a hedge fund, but the purchase and running of CCFC is a separate, unconnected venture and as such the original investors were probably given a time scale of 5,6 or 7 years after which time the venture would be sold or wound up. Guess which is happening?

wingy

I don't reallly know RP but it has been alluded to in rumour from both sides ,is it logical ? No but she does move in those circles and holds a position for an ultra wealthy families business who son is a Congressman. the senior in the family I believe heads up or Sponsors the states universities ,with Pennsylvania State University Pension fund being one of the five origonal investors ,ultimately she is connected.

James Smith

Why are they unlikely to win? It's becoming obvious that the club is not really in administration at all. The council opened Pandora's box and we will all pay a price.

Thought the Golden Share which is in effect the club as you can't play in the league without it was with the Football League and the last company to have it registered in their name was in administration.

Source: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-citys-golden-share-still-3312688

bigfatronssba

The FA and Football league seem to disagree.

Users who are viewing this thread