Club Shop (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

does any manufacturer actually make kits or is everything licensed. having a google this morning clubs that use Adidas, Nike, Hummel and others are all via third party companies that have a license to manufacture kits under that branding.

JAM See

Shutters down on both doors at the CBS shop.

chiefdave

These guys sorted it yesterday
can't we do similar?

would hope they are working on something. That article is odd. Says they've terminated their agreement with elite but then says the online store is still being run by elite and nothing to do with the club so don't contact them about orders.

wonder if they have any stock? would have thought that would also belong to Elite.

Edit: just had a quick look on their socials and they can't take any card payments. with no games in the next couple of weeks maybe not worth rushing to have a shop open that can only take cash.

also interesting how many of their fans seem to think the move from an outsourced shop to in house is just money coming into the club. who do they think will be paying the staff, manufacturing the goods etc

Last edited:
would hope they are working on something. That article is odd. Says they've terminated their agreement with elite but then says the online store is still being run by elite and nothing to do with the club so don't contact them about orders.

wonder if they have any stock? would have thought that would also belong to Elite.

Edit: just had a quick look on their socials and they can't take any card payments. with no games in the next couple of weeks maybe not worth rushing to have a shop open that can only take cash.

also interesting how many of their fans seem to think the move from an outsourced shop to in house is just money coming into the club. who do they think will be paying the staff, manufacturing the goods etc
I assume Elite Sports got shafted by Wasps going bust as well

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Typical of my luck, I just gifted my away kit to a guy in Africa and was going to purchase a replacement when I got back, could be a bit embarrassing as a 50+ old man holding one of those signs up to the players at the end of an away game asking for their shirt, maybe have to ask for Waghorn, chance of it fitting and he will think, wow, someone wants my top rather than O'Hare's, also shouldn't be too sweaty

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Looking at the article LevelBest post 37.Elite problems seem to stem from Ranger owing them money from a deal in 2018.Their is quite a lot in that article includes a piece about our Stadium owner not being allowed to bid for the contract Elite got in 2018.Interesting read can't take it all in OSB58 or someone else who knows the legal aspects take a look and put it in layman terms for me.Just think legal costs have shafted them.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Claim back from the credit card company, otherwise not really the club’s responsibility.
If bought in the club shop whether or not Elite run it(i don't know).The bad publicity that would cause would not be worth having.If it is run by ourselves we would be legally responsible

GIMOC

Millwall terminated contract. All orders will be fulfilled. Yet we still put nothing up.

GIMOC

That was 3 days ago. Millwall have since confirmed all orders will be fulfilled and they have terminated the contract. Saints have confirmed they have a contingency plan while our club have confirmed nothing. That’s the difference.

GIMOC

Pretty sure it's being worked on...
Well I would hope so what’s most interesting about this. Other clubs have confirmed orders will be fulfilled. Contracts terminated etc… while our club still hasn’t said a word.

Nick

Administrator
Well I would hope so what’s most interesting about this. Other clubs have confirmed orders will be fulfilled. Contracts terminated etc… while our club still hasn’t said a word.

It doesn't mean nothing is happening....

Nick

Administrator
what it does mean we had no contingency plan and way behind the other teams impacted. Not a good look

It could be anything, we don't know at the minute do we?

It could be something to do with the lease at the ground, for example.

chiefdave

That was 3 days ago. Millwall have since confirmed all orders will be fulfilled and they have terminated the contract. Saints have confirmed they have a contingency plan while our club have confirmed nothing. That’s the difference.
the club posted an update yesterday which isn't that much different to Millwall and Oldham, who have been praised for their response on here.

Oldham have a club shop open that can't take any payment other than cash, and no online store, have a look at the response from their fans who certainly don't view their statement positively. Millwall have no club shop or online store open same as us.

Coventry City are working with interested parties to get the Club Shops and online store open as soon as possible, and we will update fans as soon as possible regarding this.

We are in discussions regarding orders which have been made in recent days which are yet to be fulfilled. We are speaking directly with the fulfilment warehouse to seek clarity on those orders that may be affected, and will provide a further update shortly.

I'm sure if we opened a shop that couldn't take payment with fuck all stock or rushed into a new deal that turned out to be shit nobody on here would be complaining that the club hadn't taken the time to sort things properly.

GIMOC

the club posted an update yesterday which isn't that much different to Millwall and Oldham, who have been praised for their response on here.

Oldham have a club shop open that can't take any payment other than cash, and no online store, have a look at the response from their fans who certainly don't view their statement positively. Millwall have no club shop or online store open same as us.

I'm sure if we opened a shop that couldn't take payment with fuck all stock or rushed into a new deal that turned out to be shit nobody on here would be complaining that the club hadn't taken the time to sort things properly.

i see you missed one key element. The question many have asked. Will orders be fulfilled. The club have made no statement on that nor have they even announced the termination of the contract with elite. The club have made no comment on recent orders which will be the main concern to fans at the minute

Nick

Administrator
i see you missed one key element. The question many have asked. Will orders be fulfilled. The club have made no statement on that nor have they even announced the termination of the contract with elite. The club have made no comment on recent orders which will be the main concern to fans at the minute

Yeah and I am sure they will announce it when they have confirmed either way?

If they rushed out to say yeah everything will be sent for Christmas and then it turns out they can't get hold of the stock then there would be even more issues.

chiefdave

they literally posted an update on this yesterday, what are you after, hourly posts of nothing has changed since the last update?
We are in discussions regarding orders which have been made in recent days which are yet to be fulfilled. We are speaking directly with the fulfilment warehouse to seek clarity on those orders that may be affected, and will provide a further update shortly.

Macca1987

So, bought a shirt for my lad, supposedly order processed on 7th November, out with EVRI, that says a lot really, tracked with EVRI, seems to have bounced around for two weeks, they now tell me they are sending back to the retailer, is that me stuffed, paid by debit rather than credit card, can't see me seeing hide nor hair of shirt or money

chiefdave

So, bought a shirt for my lad, supposedly order processed on 7th November, out with EVRI, that says a lot really, tracked with EVRI, seems to have bounced around for two weeks, they now tell me they are sending back to the retailer, is that me stuffed, paid by debit rather than credit card, can't see me seeing hide nor hair of shirt or money
why are they sending it back if you want it? where is the depot, maybe give them a call and say you'll pick it up. Annoying but at least you'd get it.

Macca1987

Have you ever tried to do anything with EVRI, can't collect, can't send it somewhere else, have to talk to the retailer, oh no they're in administration now

Users who are viewing this thread