Championship Predictions (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Loans will make a difference to how some teams are perceived. Baggies to have a poor season imo.

SleepyGinger

Majority of predictions I’ve seen have a consensus top 6. (No particular order)
Cov, Sunderland, Boro, Leicester, Leeds, Southampton.

That would be the 3 play off losers and the 3 relegated teams, sure there will be one unexpected team that sneaks in there.

Manchester_sky_blue

Majority of predictions I’ve seen have a consensus top 6. (No particular order)
Cov, Sunderland, Boro, Leicester, Leeds, Southampton.

That would be the 3 play off losers and the 3 relegated teams, sure there will be one unexpected team that sneaks in there.
Stoke and Birmingham are the two I think will surprise people this year. Both making solid progress

Sky Blue Harry H

Stoke and Birmingham are the two I think will surprise people this year. Both making solid progress
Don't disagree - Bristol City may be stronger too.

What I think it does mean, is that there will be a lot of teams capable of beating each other, so I'm expecting a similar log jam of teams from halfway to 3rd or 4th place - a bit similar to last season. Think Leicester and Southampton (despite Martinball) ought to have too much residual/new strength to not make the autos. Leeds - who knows?

stay_up_skyblues

If anyone can find a double of Cov to finish top 6 and Simms top scorer let me know. SkyBet won’t price it and can’t find it on other sites.

Been trying all week online to get a double of Simms top scorer and City champions but no luck. Went into the bookies in the old fashioned way earlier and they wouldn’t do it. Ended up backing us just to win the league at 25/1.

Sky Blue Harry H

QPR with a lot/most of their first team lost 5-0 away at Oxford, and had Jimmy Dunne, their cb stretchered off with a shoulder injury. I think they might be doomed for the drop this season.

Sky Blue Harry H

We should strip them of Willock and Chair while we have the chance.

...who both played in 5-0 defeat at Oxford. may have ability, but not been on show for a while - questionable attitudes? Wouldn't mind either, but do wonder what has been going on at that club. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ainsworth sacked within the first couple of months. Fans already seem very worried about him/their season.

San Francisco

...who both played in 5-0 defeat at Oxford. may have ability, but not been on show for a while - questionable attitudes? Wouldn't mind either, but do wonder what has been going on at that club. Wouldn't be surprised to see Ainsworth sacked within the first couple of months. Fans already seem very worried about him/their season.

They know their own ability as players and probably want off the sinking ship.

SIR ERNIE

Been trying all week online to get a double of Simms top scorer and City champions but no luck. Went into the bookies in the old fashioned way earlier and they wouldn’t do it. Ended up backing us just to win the league at 25/1.
18/1 with +16 points on the handicap is a better bet imo.

SlowerThanPlatt

Sporting Life tip Simms for top scorer @ 25/1

Another nod for Simms:

There will be a lot of pressure on former Everton youngster to replace the goals of Viktor Gyokeres for Coventry City but if the glimpses of him in the Premier League are anything to go by he could be a diamond at this level. Others such as Jamie Vardy and Patrick Bamford offer lower odds but at 20/1 Simms feels like a good outside shout if Coventry City can keep their momentum from the end of last season

ccfc1234

In no order

Southampton, Leeds, Boro, Leciester, Norwich, West Brom I suspect will all be very strong. There will also be a team who gets it together as a unit and will out perform. Millwall and Sunderland both could be shouts for this more than Ipswich imo.
We are an unknown due to turnover of players, on paper we could have made some transformative signings, if they perform as the scouts suspect they might it could be a really exciting season.

It’sabatch87

Middlesboro, no Akpom he has had no pre season also no Archer or Giles and forss still injured.
Could struggle at the start!!
West Brom mid table imo, not bought anyone going through transition.

djr8369

In no order

Southampton, Leeds, Boro, Leciester, Norwich, West Brom I suspect will all be very strong. There will also be a team who gets it together as a unit and will out perform. Millwall and Sunderland both could be shouts for this more than Ipswich imo.
We are an unknown due to turnover of players, on paper we could have made some transformative signings, if they perform as the scouts suspect they might it could be a really exciting season.
Why West Brom?? They’ve barely signed anyone and have ownership issues I thought.

ccfc1234

Why West Brom?? They’ve barely signed anyone and have ownership issues I thought.
Agree no automatic right to be in tbe top 6 and i maybe wrong but I think their manager is decent and they underperformed at the end of last season.

blunted

Don't disagree - Bristol City may be stronger too.

What I think it does mean, is that there will be a lot of teams capable of beating each other, so I'm expecting a similar log jam of teams from halfway to 3rd or 4th place - a bit similar to last season. Think Leicester and Southampton (despite Martinball) ought to have too much residual/new strength to not make the autos. Leeds - who knows?
Leeds are the only team of the three relegated that have a manager with a proven track record in this division. Leicester's manager failed in his previous managerial job and Southampton's manager has never won promotion from any league despite playing attractive football. Logic dictates the three relegated sides have the most money and usually the best players, but that doesn't guarantee success.

Brighton Sky Blue

Leeds are the only team of the three relegated that have a manager with a proven track record in this division. Leicester's manager failed in his previous managerial job and Southampton's manager has never won promotion from any league despite playing attractive football. Logic dictates the three relegated sides have the most money and usually the best players, but that doesn't guarantee success.
If Ward-Prowse stays at Southampton that will be quite a boost.

Brighton Sky Blue

Predictions this year really tough, not many obviously weak sides. Have gone with

Autos: Leicester + Southampton
Playoffs: Middlesbrough, West Brom, Stoke, Millwall
Relegation: QPR, Rotherham, Sheff Weds

As for ourselves I reckon 8th. The centre of defence is starting the season arguably weaker than we finished last season and there's a question mark over Hamer. It'll be very tight again in any case and I can see it being a low points tally to make the top 6 once more.

no_loyalty

Automatics: Leicester, Southampton
Playoffs: City, Boro, Leeds, Stoke
Relegation: QPR, Rotherham, Plymouth

Users who are viewing this thread