Championship 22-23 (2 Viewers)

ovduk78

I have a feeling he’s going to end up at Forest.
Wasn't he on loan to Forest from Spurs and there was discussions between the clubs about making it a permanent transfer? He then returned to Spurs who started playing him further forward and the rest is history.

no_loyalty

Wasn't he on loan to Forest from Spurs and there was discussions between the clubs about making it a permanent transfer? He then returned to Spurs who started playing him further forward and the rest is history.

I don’t recall him being at Forest, I know he started out at Southampton.

ovduk78

Scrub that, it was Aaron Ramsey 😅😉

Terry_dactyl

Cardiff fans have been talking up Bale signing for a while. Talk is he’ll retire after the World Cup and will sign for the bluebirds to ‘keep his eye in’ in the build up to it.
He’s from cardiff, owns businesses here (2 bars - 1 recently opened), family still here etc etc. He certainly doesn’t need the money…

Reactions: AOM

SlowerThanPlatt

Scrub that, it was Aaron Ramsey 😅😉

On the right lines, Bale struggled to make an impact in his first couple of seasons at Spurs, was said they were prepared to cut their losses and sell him to Birmingham, don’t know how close it got or whether it’s even true!

AOM

Cardiff fans have been talking up Bale signing for a while. Talk is he’ll retire after the World Cup and will sign for the bluebirds to ‘keep his eye in’ in the build up to it.
He’s from cardiff, owns businesses here (2 bars - 1 recently opened), family still here etc etc. He certainly doesn’t need the money…

Can't imagine Cardiff would be able to afford his wages, so maybe he'd take a huge pay cut to continue playing.

Would be nice to see him playing at the CBS (as long as it's not at our expense...)

clint van damme

On the radio this morning they were saying hes meeting with Cardiff reps but the feeling is he'll go to the states.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Still the best performance I’ve seen live from a teenager. Absolutely ran the game against us for Southampton from left back, never seen anything like it.
Was that the home match v them that we won 2-1? If so, yes, completely agree, it was like he was playing everywhere as they tried to equalise.

ESPN stats page reckons he had 6 shots, 4 on target, which my memory can just about correlate! - Coventry City vs. Southampton - Football Match Commentary - February 20, 2007 - ESPN

Legia Sky Blue

Can't imagine Cardiff would be able to afford his wages, so maybe he'd take a huge pay cut to continue playing.

Would be nice to see him playing at the CBS (as long as it's not at our expense...)

I think they would be able to offer far more in wages than you might expect. Commercially his playing for a Welsh club would be massive, and be a great revenue generator for the club. If the club were creative they could pay him a Championship wage but then boost it up with payments linked to that commercial income. Still won't be near the wage he was on at Madrid of course, but could still be a nice earner for him.

Reactions: AOM

SlowerThanPlatt

I think they would be able to offer far more in wages than you might expect. Commercially his playing for a Welsh club would be massive, and be a great revenue generator for the club. If the club were creative they could pay him a Championship wage but then boost it up with payments linked to that commercial income. Still won't be near the wage he was on at Madrid of course, but could still be a nice earner for him.

That’s what Derby did with 32red to pay Rooney’s wage as a player I think

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Bristol City fans seemingly glad to get rid. I’d never heard of him!
Cardiff made a few early signings. Some bloke from FGR and a couple of others. They just need to sign Bale and Ramsey now and their jigsaw is complete!
He scores about a goal a season if they were lucky, didnt even have the greatest of records in league 2 when they picked him up

Users who are viewing this thread