Championship 22-23 (7 Viewers)

thekidfromstrettoncamp

The odds on West Brom and 3 to 1 and Norwich at 5 to 2 are the worst in my mind are robbing the punters.The records of their managers does not breed confidence. Time may prove me wrong.

Colin Steins Smile

Another example of how the British game needs to change to possibly the German strategy of fan owned clubs - fans once again have no say - From the outside looking in Burnley have spent pittance in the transfer market in there time in the premier league relying on the fabulous management of Sean dyche to falling from the trap door
Good points raised. Whilst Burnley were careful in their transfer fees, they are reported to have an £85M wage bill which whilst modest for the PL looks pretty big by championship standards.

alexccfc99

Good points raised. Whilst Burnley were careful in their transfer fees, they are reported to have an £85M wage bill which whilst modest for the PL looks pretty big by championship standards.

Burnley’s problem is I don’t really think that there are many in their squad who will command big transfer fees

Pope and Cornet will go for a fair wedge but I can’t really see anyone else in their squad worth that much

They may well have gone down anyway but I still can’t believe they got rid of Dyche just to stick one of the coaches in charge, I can see them struggling next season

better days

Burnley’s problem is I don’t really think that there are many in their squad who will command big transfer fees

Pope and Cornet will go for a fair wedge but I can’t really see anyone else in their squad worth that much

They may well have gone down anyway but I still can’t believe they got rid of Dyche just to stick one of the coaches in charge, I can see them struggling next season
They have terrible owners
A pound shop version of the Glazers at Manure
They'd previously tried to buy Southampton but were sent packing when it became obvious they were chancers with no money

Colin Steins Smile

They'd previously tried to buy Southampton but were sent packing when it became obvious they were chancers with no money
Agree - the owners used the same tactic as the Glazers to buy the club .... a leverage buy out, then transferring the debt to the club and charging over 8% interest

alexccfc99

I read that they look a loan out against the club which is now getting called in after relegation

Vincent Kompany to be their new manager is apparently a done deal from what I have seen

Liquid Gold

Another example of how the British game needs to change to possibly the German strategy of fan owned clubs - fans once again have no say - From the outside looking in Burnley have spent pittance in the transfer market in there time in the premier league relying on the fabulous management of Sean dyche to falling from the trap door
Our supporters trust would have had us shut down and we’d be playing non-league now if they had their way.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

the German model is the reason for the status quo remaining the same in Germany - Bayern have won the last 10 bundesligas. I agree we need fan representation, but the German model is held up in a better light Than it should be

fernandopartridge

Beale to QPR, he's the tactics mind behind Gerrard

giphy.gif
disagrees

SlowerThanPlatt

the German model is the reason for the status quo remaining the same in Germany - Bayern have won the last 10 bundesligas. I agree we need fan representation, but the German model is held up in a better light Than it should be

And look how RB Leipzig operate, practically a closed shop. There’ll always be ways round it

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

And look how RB Leipzig operate, practically a closed shop. There’ll always be ways round it

There is, and them and Leverkusen are the only teams other than Dortmund that get close to being a competitive team.

both sides effectively owned by rich benefactors. You could argue Hoffenheim are a decent club - but it’s rare someone will invest for only 49% of the say

Brighton Sky Blue

There has been a fair bit of a shuffling around beneath Bayern mind you. Attendances once Covid restrictions are discounted remain very healthy, Union Berlin have been a real success story and ended up just a point off CL qualification the season just gone.

All German football is missing really is an obscene TV deal to give the other clubs a bit more muscle. The battle of the tycoons our game has turned into does little for me as a spectator I guess in the same way Bayern's dominance turns off others

letsallsingtogether

Wow carbon copy of Sisu they tried to buy Southampton aswell and were sent packing!

Terry Gibson's perm

Shocked at Critchley going but happy as he was building a good well coached team there

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Both of their managers have achieved promotion from this division, what are you talking about?
Dean Smith promoted via play off's finishing 13 points behind Sheffield United and surviving a penalties( Lottery in my opinion) again.st West Brom in the semi's. The rest of his record does not breed confidence with a win record of just over 1 in every 3.As for Steve Bruce he took over from Valerien Ismeal and finished with a record no better. In fact you will find it hard to find a manager with a worse win record than his in their career. IMO both will struggle to justify those odds.

SlowerThanPlatt

Dean Smith promoted via play off's finishing 13 points behind Sheffield United and surviving a penalties( Lottery in my opinion) again.st West Brom in the semi's.

So he got promoted then? (14th when he joined) it’s not really that I’m looking at, more the jobs at he did at Walsall and Brentford on small budget, some of the players he developed/bought for modest fees, Rico Henry, Romaine Sawyers, Tom Bradshaw, John Egan, Ollie Watkins, Neil Maupay

PUSB-We_are_going_up

So he got promoted then? (14th when he joined) it’s not really that I’m looking at, more the jobs at he did at Walsall and Brentford on small budgets, some of the players he developed/bought for modest fees, Rico Henry, Romaine Sawyers, Tom Bradshaw, John Egan, Ollie Watkins, Neil Maupay
Smith is a good manager and I rate him other than for Villa

Users who are viewing this thread