Championship 21/22 (4 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

Deja vu on their first game with us where he arrived back in the UK and was on the bench (and came on to nearly win it for them)

Hopefully lesson learnt as soon as he gets the ball hammer him don’t know what the injury was just hammer him anyway

Just looked an ankle injury perfect boot it and boot it hard.

Sky Blue Harry H

Was hoping Hull would pick something against an average (imo) Huddersfield. However, can't see them defending set pieces in the second half with 10 men.

Last edited:

shepardo01

Well that was horrendous refereeing;
Incident took place inside box, which wasn't a foul....
Ref gives foul... so should be a penalty.... but gives a free-kick outside of the box...

no_loyalty

Forest already 1-0 up against Blues. Swansea above us now, 1-0 up against Derby.

Grendel

If we don't finish above where we finished last year I think you can only call it a huge disappointment. Top half would be fine, anything bottom half a bit disappointing.

Especially when you see the likes of millwall and Huddersfield looking to the play offs

stupot07

If we don't finish above where we finished last year I think you can only call it a huge disappointment. Top half would be fine, anything bottom half a bit disappointing.
Thats the real danger now, whilst we have more points than last season, we're sitting just 2 places higher than last seasons finish, with 6 games to go.

Its looking like a missed opportunity, and I cant help but thinking what a huge blunder our January transfer window was.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Thats the real danger now, whilst we have more points than last season, we're sitting just 2 places higher than last seasons finish, with 6 games to go.

Its looking like a huge missed opportunity, and I cant help but thinking what a huge blunder our January transfer window was.

What is the point in paying over the odds to finish - let's say 6 points better off (no guarantee, and still no play off place) Middlesboro, QPR, Sheff Utd, West Brom - add another couple - most of that group (if not all) may well miss out on a play off place. What decent player was available in the January window that would have made the difference? Even 2 players. We've had a really enjoyable season and the football has improved massively over the last 3 seasons. Not convinced that the opportunity was ever 'huge', more, a faint outside chance, that even a mad £5m outlay wouldn't have guaranteed anything (and we couldn't have afforded anyway).

stupot07

What is the point in paying over the odds to finish - let's say 6 points better off (no guarantee, and still no play off place) Middlesboro, QPR, Sheff Utd, West Brom - add another couple - most of that group (if not all) may well miss out on a play off place. What decent player was available in the January window that would have made the difference? Even 2 players. We've had a really enjoyable season and the football has improved massively over the last 3 seasons. Not convinced that the opportunity was ever 'huge', more, a faint outside chance, that even a mad £5m outlay wouldn't have guaranteed anything (and we couldn't have afforded anyway).
Who said anything about permanent signings or gambling. Are you suggesting there isn't a single Premier league u23's attacking midfielder out there for example that would have added an extra option to the squad?

We basically let 7 or 8 deadwood players and brought in just Bidwell, when we all knew we were light of options in attacking midfield.

We play nicer football and had some exciting times, but its difficult to argue that if we finish 14-16th that we have really progressed, especially when we lose 2 of the big 3 in the summer.

Sky Blue Harry H

Who said anything about permanent signings. Are you suggesting there isn't a single Premier league u23's attacking midfielder out there for example that would have added an extra option to the squad?

Cost - and how many extra points ? No point unless it would have made a double figure points difference. Look at Andy Carroll at WBA (has performed well - yet made bugger all difference) Sooner we kept whatever powder we have dry and use it this summer.

clint van damme

Cost - and how many extra points ? No point unless it would have made a double figure points difference. Look at Andy Carroll at WBA (has performed well - yet made bugger all difference) Sooner we kept whatever powder we have dry and use it this summer.

Don't agree Harry. We should have bought in more additions in January.
We didn't and we've gone backwards due to a thread bare, tired squad.
And additions didn't need to make a double figure difference, 4 to 6 more points and we'd still be more than in the mix.
Especially with everyone but Forest dropping points

theferret

Its looking like a missed opportunity, and I cant help but thinking what a huge blunder our January transfer window was.

On the contrary, the inaction in January is looking to be a very smart indeed. We're so far away from being play off contenders that to have spunked money we didn't have chasing a lost cause could have done a lot of damage.

NorthernWisdom

On the contrary, the inaction in January is looking to be a very smart indeed. We're so far away from being play off contenders that to have spunked money we didn't have chasing a lost cause could have done a lot of damage.
I tend to agree. The only risk is if we fall away too far, it'll put players off joining us next season, and put people off buying season tickets. But... we could have spunked next season's budget to be where we are anyway - and any loanee would be expected to be automatic first choice, and could we manage that with O'Hare here?

clint van damme

That's a quite incredible take. We have been running players into the ground and having players on the bench whose only chance of getting on the pitch is if a sink hole opens up and swallows 5 of the starting line up. We were clearly desperate for more than just Bidwell.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

That's a quite incredible take. We have been running players into the ground and having players on the bench whose only chance of getting on the pitch is if a sink hole opens up and swallows 5 of the starting line up. We were clearly desperate for more than just Bidwell.
Thing is we need another Gyokeres and O’Hare along with a replacement for Allen and a centre back to be reinforced

We weren’t complimenting or getting similar players for what money we had, and that would have been a disaster financially.

clint van damme

Thing is we need another Gyokeres and O’Hare along with a replacement for Allen and a centre back to be reinforced

We weren’t complimenting or getting similar players for what money we had, and that would have been a disaster financially.

We could have used the loan market.
Doing so last season got us a Matty James, who for me was a big part of our end of season form and also Gyokeres, who probably wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for his initial loan spell.

Paxman II

It's frustrating that come the very tail end of the season teams trying for that top 6 finish start having the wobbles. Today is a clear example of that. IF only we had produced a couple of wins from those recent frustrating draws.
I still say a really good playmaker in the middle and another really good striker can make all the difference.
No doubt we have missed Godden for a few chunks of the season. Also defensively we have had a number of injuries. It's fair to say that.

Would like Maetson to return, and JCS to return as they will have an even better season next time around.

skyblue1991

We should've done better in January. I'm not saying we splash out millions but a few premier League loans in the u23 range that aren't playing and maybe the parent club paying all or the majority of their wages would give us more options

Can't help thinking we will end up finishing in a worse position compared to last season despite having more points

Next season is going to be more competitive I feel and unless real investment is made in the team we will struggle to compete for the top 6 places. Also taking into account at least one of O'Hare/Hamer/Gyo will leave makes it even harder

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread