Championship 21/22 (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

3-1 Peterborough, shame we’ve decided to fade the same time as QPR and Blackburn

Huddersfield, Blackburn and QPR too. Luton, Sheff Utd and Forest looking good. M'Boro are the other team - if we beat Blackburn, the flame will still be flickering (just)!
Just looked - QPR have won 2 of their last 11, with next 2 games Fulham (h) and Sheff Utd (a)

Last edited:

Evo1883

Derby bottom of the league as it stands.

giphy.gif

SkyblueTexan

Peterborough have QPR’s number and we have Peterborough’s and QPR have ours. Funny old game this.

Preston, Swansea, Luton have our number as well. Wish we knew how to game plan better against these bogey teams.

rondog1973

Peterborough have QPR’s number and we have Peterborough’s and QPR have ours. Funny old game this.

Preston, Swansea, Luton have our number as well. Wish we knew how to game plan better against these bogey teams.
Bizarre isn't it? We double Peterborough, Peterborough double QPR, QPR double us!

Tommo1993

I’m relaxed again about our chances…it’s the hope that kills…and am confident we aren’t now going to threaten the top 6. Whatever happens, it’s been a cracking season, with some really memorable moments.

I let go of it after the PNE or Luton game, can’t remember. There’s a slight chance I’ll admit, but we’ve been far too inconsistent throughout to be seriously considered imo. I’ll stand by what I said in the summer, that I’d be over the moon with 12th. It would be disappointing after our start, led to believe we could do it. As you say it’s the hope that kills you. But have to take it as progression.

Someone on here the other day said you either move forward or backward at this level, there’s no stopping in between. Just hope our summer is a good one.

Terry_dactyl

I let go of it after the PNE or Luton game, can’t remember. There’s a slight chance I’ll admit, but we’ve been far too inconsistent throughout to be seriously considered imo. I’ll stand by what I said in the summer, that I’d be over the moon with 12th. It would be disappointing after our start, led to believe we could do it. As you say it’s the hope that kills you. But have to take it as progression.

Someone on here the other day said you either move forward or backward at this level, there’s no stopping in between. Just hope our summer is a good one.
Yeah it feels like we’re moving in the right direction but I also think we’re in the balance and next season could go either way. Although I’ve felt like this about us for the last 35 years!

shepardo01

Yeah it feels like we’re moving in the right direction but I also think we’re in the balance and next season could go either way. Although I’ve felt like this about us for the last 35 years!
This is spot on. Dead easy to say that we are making progress year on year and expecting that next season will follow that trend.
It's going to be harder than ever to make progress that betters this season. The level that we find ourselves at and who we come up against is such a challenge and is getting ever harder in financial terms (money that those above us - and below in some cases- have is unbelievable).
I honestly think it will be a case of keep Hamer and OHare and we might just be able to do that. Lose either, particularly Hamer, and it will be a struggle.

clint van damme

I think you're right. I also think, at some point, under Robins we have to take a backward step, it can't always be forward momentum.

Terry_dactyl

This is spot on. Dead easy to say that we are making progress year on year and expecting that next season will follow that trend.
It's going to be harder than ever to make progress that betters this season. The level that we find ourselves at and who we come up against is such a challenge and is getting ever harder in financial terms (money that those above us - and below in some cases- have is unbelievable).
I honestly think it will be a case of keep Hamer and OHare and we might just be able to do that. Lose either, particularly Hamer, and it will be a struggle.
When I’m feeling at my most optimistic I can convince myself that getting rid of the deadwood this January was a move to retain our best players for next season. I then allow myself to think the plan is to make 3 or 4 quality signings as we’ve more or less done the last few seasons.
Maybe more realistically O’hare and Hamer only signed new contracts because they’ve got clauses in them, that if met will mean they’re gone.
Here’s hoping.

Sky Blue Harry H

If, next season, we have 21 games by the November break, we will have to have a bigger squad, or decide to select the odd game where we rest players and play fringe players to avoid burn out and additional injuries. That may be why MR still has to hold on to one or two players that some would like to move on. Really hoping Eccles can stay injury free next season, and that we can keep hold of O'Hare, Hamer and Vik. Overall , I think that they would be my order of retention, If we had to get rid if one, it would reluctantly be Vik for me. If O'Hare leaves, I will steal all of joy's handbags and buy him back with the proceeds.

fernandopartridge

If, next season, we have 21 games by the November break, we will have to have a bigger squad, or decide to select the odd game where we rest players and play fringe players to avoid burn out and additional injuries. That may be why MR still has to hold on to one or two players that some would like to move on. Really hoping Eccles can stay injury free next season, and that we can keep hold of O'Hare, Hamer and Vik. Overall , I think that they would be my order of retention, If we had to get rid if one, it would reluctantly be Vik for me. If O'Hare leaves, I will steal all of joy's handbags and buy him back with the proceeds.
I concluded that I'd lose Vik over the other two but then again, every time I recall selling or losing a top scorer we've been relegated the season immediately after:

McAllister
King
Armstrong

higgs

Should we go back in for jch in the summer instead of waghorn he's almost in double figures now in a struggling team

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Good news - injured Ben Brereton has flown out to Chile for games against Brazil and Uruguay. Can be nothing but good for us, and bad for Blackburn. Injury/jet lag, whatever.

no_loyalty

Good news - injured Ben Brereton has flown out to Chile for games against Brazil and Uruguay. Can be nothing but good for us, and bad for Blackburn. Injury/jet lag, whatever.

I read it somewhere that he is expected to be back in the squad for their game against us, probably be on the bench if he doesn’t get injured while away.

Users who are viewing this thread