Callum O'Hare (23 Viewers)

Tommo1993

It's not unusual for players to struggle when coming back off a significant injury.

Not having that one. He was phenomenal immediately after his return and faded dramatically, not that players maintain that level, but still. Think he’s out for a reason, and that’s not managerial stubbornness.

Deity

And? He's still our best option in that role. Palmer was utterly anonymous today.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Neither are in good form. Neither creating anything.

We are shipping goals and being over run in midfield.

the real issue isnt Palmer or COH it’s why either of them ? Why not Torp,Eccles, and Sheaf and make our midfield more competitive than it currently is ….

mark82

Not having that one. He was phenomenal immediately after his return and faded dramatically, not that players maintain that level, but still. Think he’s out for a reason, and that’s not managerial stubbornness.
You think he could maintain that level 2 games a week for the rest of the season? Always unrealistic.

There may be other reasons, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't struggling fitness wise after nearly 2 years out.

Brighton Sky Blue

the real issue isnt Palmer or COH it’s why either of them ? Why not Torp,Eccles, and Sheaf and make our midfield more competitive than it currently is ….
The salient point is we could probably do with the Man Utd game being the last game of the season at this rate.

Tommo1993

Is it an incoming crisis? COH looking at his next move, Palmer a luxury player (a term frowned upon on here, but sorry, he is), and jury out on Torp.

Martin180

Exactly. If Callum had been playing well then I would be fucked off he isn't starting but he isn't . Palmer was shit today so like you say what is the answer ?

Tommo1993

You think he could maintain that level 2 games a week for the rest of the season? Always unrealistic.

There may be other reasons, but I'd be surprised if he wasn't struggling fitness wise after nearly 2 years out.

Did you not read the second sentence? ‘Not that players maintain that level’?

Paxman II

O'Hare has looked poor of late where games have passed him by. His form is nowhere near the hype associated with him. I think there are going to be very few if any scrambling for his signature in the summer. He has not shown enough for me to persuade any prem side or championship side to come pay big bucks for him. He will need another season with us to rebuild his reputation.

pusbccfc

Is it an incoming crisis? COH looking at his next move, Palmer a luxury player (a term frowned upon on here, but sorry, he is), and jury out on Torp.

Torp had a very poor game today but I maintain he'll be one of our best players next season.

fernandopartridge

Agree on your second point

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

O'Hare has looked poor of late where games have passed him by. His form is nowhere near the hype associated with him. I think there are going to be very few if any scrambling for his signature in the summer. He has not shown enough for me to persuade any prem side or championship side to come pay big bucks for him. He will need another season with us to rebuild his reputation.
It does get to a point where you wonder if his new employers look at how little it takes for his form to dip and wonder if it's worth the hassle. Probably still yes on a free, but on the same terms as before? Not sure.

SBT

It does get to a point where you wonder if his new employers look at how little it takes for his form to dip and wonder if it's worth the hassle. Probably still yes on a free, but on the same terms as before? Not sure.
Again - if he hasn’t signed a contract with them then they’re not “his new employers”.

And all this nonsense about him half-assing games so he can save himself for next season becomes even more ludicrous if we’re now claiming he hasn’t even agreed terms with anyone yet.

Brighton Sky Blue

Again - if he hasn’t signed a contract with them then they’re not “his new employers”.

And all this nonsense about him half-assing games so he can save himself for next season becomes even more ludicrous if we’re now claiming he hasn’t even agreed terms with anyone yet.
OK, add in 'prospective' between 'his' and 'new employers' then.

Deity

Is this a serious post ???!

you realise how transfers work ?

The agent lines up multiple offers well before any deal gets concluded and then the preferred one is chosen.

He will have offers already, the fact he hasn’t signed his preferred option doesn’t mean he doesn’t know where he plans to go, or that his head has not been turned by it.

@Saddlebrains is absolutely right. A MOTM perf on Sunday from COH could sweeten any deals that have already been proposed or tempt in another offer.

Brighton Sky Blue

So is he trying hard to impress them or not? You make it sound like his next contract is in jeopardy.
My view is he impressed them enough in Dec/Jan to have some offers on the table with the proviso that he stays fit.

SBT

@Saddlebrains is absolutely right. A MOTM perf on Sunday from COH could sweeten any deals that have already been proposed or tempt in another offer.
So he must be playing hell for leather to get the best deal possible then?

Yorkshire SB

Revisionist crap as usual on O’Hare.

It’s been clear it’s to do with off the field stuff rather than O’Hare quality and what he brings to them team.

I’d always back Robins and he can do what he wants, but it is annoying that this has happened and our best, and most important player, has been left on the bench during our season run-in.

Mucca Mad Boys

As suspected really, mistake from Robins imo and one of very few in his time here.
O'Hare undoubtedly improves our team and could have been integral to a successful play off push now.
Does COH improve our team? The evidence from Feb suggests ‘not really’.

Even his goal scoring form, his performances were skewed towards his G/A contributions. Therefore, whilst he was getting goals and assists, all was well.

Long term, MR is in the right I feel. COH is a loss but not irreplaceable imo.

Sick Boy

It’s weird that Palmer is supposed to be one of the best players in the squad but there’s been no mention of a new contract in him or genuine interest from other clubs. He’s one of two players on here the experts labelled as “word class” - the other was Ben Wilson. I’m beginning to think they don’t know what they’re talking about.

MalcSB

He wasn’t out for nearly 2 years.

fatso

Sad it’s ending this way cause he’s been a bloody good footballer at times but I’m at the point where I’ll be glad when he’s gone now if I’m perfectly honest

The ship has unfortunately sailed and both sides need to move on asap
Yea, because we looked so much better before he came on today.

Fucking clueless

Martin180

It’s weird that Palmer is supposed to be one of the best players in the squad but there’s been no mention of a new contract in him or genuine interest from other clubs.
I don't think many claim Palmer is one of the best players in the squad by any means . What has been said is that on current form there is very little between O'Hare and Palmer .

Deity

Revisionist crap as usual on O’Hare.

It’s been clear it’s to do with off the field stuff rather than O’Hare quality and what he brings to them team.

I’d always back Robins and he can do what he wants, but it is annoying that this has happened and our best, and most important player, has been left on the bench during our season run-in.
You obviously have not watched much of him this last 2 months then …. He’s not been our best or most important player for weeks and weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread