Callum O'Hare (55 Viewers)

Adge

You cam already sense it from the fans towards Callum

Godden, I mean we may aswell have had a cardboard cutout on the bench the last 4 months, his head is more out the door than Callums
They were singing “we’ve got O’Hare” yesterday to him and I’d say that was the majority of the fans just for balance.

Yorkshire SB

If we’re talking about December-Jan, he was our best player. Since then, chipped in with a few contributions but there’s a reason he’s been dropped from the squad.

There’s no way Robins would start Palmer over COH if he felt that was the best way to get to the playoffs.

As for tinkering with the formation, that was a forced change. Sakamoto is our one and only natural winger, without him is square pegs in round holes. MVE, COH, Palmer or Tavares are not wingers.

No one is blaming COH for defensive errors, take a game like Southampton, he failed to take anyone on in all his dribbles. If he’s destined for better things, there’s are the games he (and others) need to take by the scruff of the neck.

But that’s exactly it, others are saying he has been because Robins is prioritising those who are here next season.

There’s a lot of valid points about O’Hare not being as good as Hamer and Gyokeres were, but right now I can’t agree with him being on the bench.

Also based on the minutes he’s played this season I don’t think he’s had the opportunity to play that badly, it’s max 2 or 3 games. Then he’s been in and out the team.

Deity

But that’s exactly it, others are saying he has been because Robins is prioritising those who are here next season.

There’s a lot of valid points about O’Hare not being as good as Hamer and Gyokeres were, but right now I can’t agree with him being on the bench.

Also based on the minutes he’s played this season I don’t think he’s had the opportunity to play that badly, it’s max 2 or 3 games. Then he’s been in and out the team.
Yo do seem very much his biggest fan

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He has to play in the FA cup. He'll be in the shop window so he'll give it 100% and Robins will want our strongest team. Thereafter If we are mathematically out of the play offs then bring in some youngsters . COH won't be a priority. It's his choice and why would anyone care ?

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

Do you think Robins would cut off his nose to spite his face in relation to COH?

If Robins genuinely believed COH was the best person to start, he would. He was given a chance against Leeds and Southampton and didn’t pull up trees.

stupot07

Do you think Robins would cut off his nose to spite his face in relation to COH?

If Robins genuinely believed COH was the best person to start, he would. He was given a chance against Leeds and Southampton and didn’t pull up trees.
Robins does have a bit of a habit of freezing players out. He froze out Bidwell for the first 15 games for no reason, he came back in and has been virtually every present since. He's done it with other player in previous seasons too.

He seems to shoehorn Lati in any position possible to play him.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Grendel

Robins does have a bit of a habit of freezing players out. He froze out Bidwell for the first 15 games for no reason, he came back in and has been virtually every present since. He's done it with other player in previous seasons too.

He had a real problem with Clark-Harris as well

Yorkshire SB

Yo do seem very much his biggest fan
Bit churlish. Fairly normal pov that he should start in our team, and find it odd how much he’s questioned.

Well I suspected it, and hasn’t Saddlebrains confirmed that’s the case?

But what do you want? Him to dominate every game? He was fine against Leeds. Southampton murdered us.

He’s better than Palmer. He should start. For me it’s as simple as that.

Otis

Seems to me that it's much more likely to be that O'Hare has stated he's going, plus his form then dipped a bit and Robins decided to go with who will be here with us next season.

I don't think there's any conspiracy. If O'Hare was bang on form, he'd be in, but he hasn't been, so Palmer was getting the nod.

If O'Hare is up and ready for it on Sunday, I'm sure he'll be playing

SkyBlue_Bear83

I mean when the alternative is Palmer, O'Hare has to be in ahead of him for me.

No doubt in my mind if it wasn't for the contract being up and O'Hare making it clear he is leaving, in no other situation does O'Hare get dropped for an extended period of time.

I think I'd rather Torp Eccles and Sheaf play for the rest of the season tbh

SkyBlue_Bear83

Seems to me that it's much more likely to be that O'Hare has stated he's going, plus his form then dipped a bit and Robins decided to go with who will be here with us next season.

I don't think there's any conspiracy. If O'Hare was bang on form, he'd be in, but he hasn't been, so Palmer was getting the nod.

Well it's not a conspiracy but we've had the experts telling us for weeks that it's purely football reasons only and Palmer was keeping him out on merit as he was in the form of his life.

Grendel

Palmer is inferior and hardly in any consistent form

Grendel

He did have a little purple patch, but seems to have gone into his shell a bit again lately.

I'm sure COH will play next weekend.

Palmer is generally poor and has been a bad signing. It’s a little bit embarrassing he’s even mentioned with O Hare. It’s akin to comparing Biamou to Gyokeres - the amount of excuses and justification he gets compared to the likes of Allen, O Hare and Godden is just bewildering

Poor signing and can’t step up

Otis

Palmer is generally poor and has been a bad signing. It’s a little bit embarrassing he’s even mentioned with O Hare. It’s akin to comparing Biamou to Gyokeres - the amount of excuses and justification he gets compared to the likes of Allen, O Hare and Godden is just bewildering

Poor signing and can’t step up
Well, I like him. I do only see him as a squad player though, rather than an out and out starter.

Wouldn't be a regular for me, but definitely can shine in certain games and a good option as back up and from the bench.

PVA

Robins does have a bit of a habit of freezing players out. He froze out Bidwell for the first 15 games for no reason, he came back in and has been virtually every present since.

He didn't freeze Bidwell out. He signed a replacement who started ahead of Bidwell. Dasilva played OK and Bidwell was really poor when he came off the bench, did absolutely nothing to earn a start.

Then Dasilva started playing poorly so got dropped, Bidwell came in and played well so kept the shirt.

Just standard usage of a squad, not everything has to be some ulterior motive!

Grendel

He didn't freeze Bidwell out. He signed a replacement who started ahead of Bidwell. Dasilva played OK and Bidwell was really poor when he came off the bench, did absolutely nothing to earn a start.

Then Dasilva started playing poorly so got dropped, Bidwell came in and played well so kept the shirt.

Dasilva played ok

Tv Show Lol GIF

Mucca Mad Boys

He didn’t freeze out Bidwell but it was apparent that he was 2nd choice - that isn’t the same thing. Bidwell worked his way into the team through better performances than JDS.

Since Sakamoto’s injury, we’ve struggled to make 4-2-3-1 work because we just don’t have wingers. Palmer, Tavares and MVE are just not wingers. Lati‘s inclusion in the team is forced, he was the best option for CM at the time to cover Sheaf was injured and the best option at RB if MVE is playing RM.

Like last season, we’ve ran out of squad and we don’t have 2 superstars in our team to grind out results. We need a good 5-6 signings in the summer at least.

Bit churlish. Fairly normal pov that he should start in our team, and find it odd how much he’s questioned.

Well I suspected it, and hasn’t Saddlebrains confirmed that’s the case?

But what do you want? Him to dominate every game? He was fine against Leeds. Southampton murdered us.

He’s better than Palmer. He should start. For me it’s as simple as that.

He hasn’t dominated a game since Jan and he hasn’t really done anything to force himself back in the team. If he scores off the bench or creates lots of opportunities, it forces MR’s hands.

Robins has some clear advantages that is fans do not have. 1. The daily interactions with the team in training. 2. The analytics team who are measuring performances.

It’s not in Robins’ nature to arbitrary decide he doesn’t like a player anymore if he feels they are best for the team. JCH was mentioned earlier, he wasn’t a good fit and after a purple patch at P’boro is being forced out of there too.

The bottom line is that he wouldn’t sacrifice a playoff berth to play Palmer ahead of him if he didn’t believe it gave us the best chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: PVA

higgs

Da Silva should have earned that shirt off bidwell can't understand how he just got it from the start bidders didn't deserve to be dropped with how he performed last season he was very consistently Mr reliable

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

stupot07

He froze him out, he was an unused subs 10 of the first 14 games.

Dasilva wasn't even playing well, and the team were struggling.

PVA

Da Silva should have earned that shirt off bidwell can't understand how he just got it from the start bidders didn't deserve to be dropped with how he performed last season he was very consistently Mr reliable

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Well that's how transfers work, you sign a player you think is better and the incumbent doesn't get to keep the shirt just because he played well the previous season, you go with who you think is better at the time.

Last edited:

PVA

He froze him out, he was an unused subs 10 of the first 14 games.

Dasilva wasn't even playing well, and the team were struggling.

That's not being frozen out, that's just being second choice. There's a big difference.

Dasilva was fine at the start. The team only lost 2 games out of 11. Then they lost 4 in a row and he was rightly dropped.

Anyway, this is the O'Hare thread not Dasilva so I'll leave it there.

stupot07

That's not being frozen out, that's just being second choice. There's a big difference.

Dasilva was fine at the start. The team only lost 2 games out of 11. Then they lost 4 in a row and he was rightly dropped.

Anyway, this is the O'Hare thread not Dasilva so I'll leave it there.
We are allowed to make subs you know, 5 of them in a single game.

stupot07

Yep and Bidwell came on 4 times and was really poor, did absolutely nothing to earn the shirt.

Then he came on at Preston and played well and oh look, earned a start, which proves my point.
3 of his 4 appearances were 1, 12 and 15 minutes. No one can earn the shirt with those minutes.

He played just 68 minutes out of a possible 1260 in those first 14 games (5%)

Dasilva has played 770 minute out of 2430 since Bidwell became first choice (32%).

Massive difference between second choice and still being used, and being second choice and being frozen out.

Last edited:

Frank Sidebottom

I think O hares probably looked at what's happened to Jamie Allen and Sakamoto and just eased off a bit. He's effectively out of a job in the Summer (admittedly through his own choice) So why risk a serious injury when you're getting no protection from refs in the Championship.
Also i think the kick in the face he had against Wolves could've ended much worse for him and his agents been in his ear about that as well.

Hopefully we'll see a big performance from him on Sunday against a team that won't just try and kick lumps out of him for 90 minutes.

PVA

3 of his 4 appearances were 1, 12 and 15 minutes. No one can earn the shirt with those minutes.

He played just 68 minutes out of a possible 1260 in those first 14 games (5%)

I'm sorry but you're literally describing what happens when someone is second choice.

Has Binks been frozen out?

And it doesn't make sense that you're claiming O'Hare is now being frozen out despite playing plenty of minutes

shmmeee

Well it's not a conspiracy but we've had the experts telling us for weeks that it's purely football reasons only and Palmer was keeping him out on merit as he was in the form of his life.

Playing shit cos your mind is elsewhere is a football reason.

messiahrobins

Ohare has been shite, he isnt the player he was pre-injury and as nice a guy as he is (i actually have shared the sauna with him at DL a few times when he was there) he is not now a top level championship player and never will be. He will be outstanding i a mid table championship team. we need better than him and palmer.

messiahrobins

Robins was wrong. Bidwell is superior.

Playing Da Silva so often early in the season may have cost us the play offs. He was at fault for at least 7 -10 goals early on as literally every goal we were conceding was coming down his side. Bidwell came in and that stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread