Callum O'Hare (10 Viewers)

Yorkshire SB

He didn’t freeze out Bidwell but it was apparent that he was 2nd choice - that isn’t the same thing. Bidwell worked his way into the team through better performances than JDS.

Since Sakamoto’s injury, we’ve struggled to make 4-2-3-1 work because we just don’t have wingers. Palmer, Tavares and MVE are just not wingers. Lati‘s inclusion in the team is forced, he was the best option for CM at the time to cover Sheaf was injured and the best option at RB if MVE is playing RM.

Like last season, we’ve ran out of squad and we don’t have 2 superstars in our team to grind out results. We need a good 5-6 signings in the summer at least.

He hasn’t dominated a game since Jan and he hasn’t really done anything to force himself back in the team. If he scores off the bench or creates lots of opportunities, it forces MR’s hands.

Robins has some clear advantages that is fans do not have. 1. The daily interactions with the team in training. 2. The analytics team who are measuring performances.

It’s not in Robins’ nature to arbitrary decide he doesn’t like a player anymore if he feels they are best for the team. JCH was mentioned earlier, he wasn’t a good fit and after a purple patch at P’boro is being forced out of there too.

The bottom line is that he wouldn’t sacrifice a playoff berth to play Palmer ahead of him if he didn’t believe it gave us the best chance.

He didn’t freeze out Bidwell but it was apparent that he was 2nd choice - that isn’t the same thing. Bidwell worked his way into the team through better performances than JDS.
Since Sakamoto’s injury, we’ve struggled to make 4-2-3-1 work because we just don’t have wingers. Palmer, Tavares and MVE are just not wingers. Lati‘s inclusion in the team is forced, he was the best option for CM at the time to cover Sheaf was injured and the best option at RB if MVE is playing RM.

Like last season, we’ve ran out of squad and we don’t have 2 superstars in our team to grind out results. We need a good 5-6 signings in the summer at least.

He hasn’t dominated a game since Jan and he hasn’t really done anything to force himself back in the team. If he scores off the bench or creates lots of opportunities, it forces MR’s hands.

Robins has some clear advantages that is fans do not have. 1. The daily interactions with the team in training. 2. The analytics team who are measuring performances.

It’s not in Robins’ nature to arbitrary decide he doesn’t like a player anymore if he feels they are best for the team. JCH was mentioned earlier, he wasn’t a good fit and after a purple patch at P’boro is being forced out of there too.

The bottom line is that he wouldn’t sacrifice a playoff berth to play Palmer ahead of him if he didn’t believe it gave us the best chance.

Valid point on training, and if Robins thinks it’s the right thing to do based on attitude then no issues. Even if it’s because he’s prioritising a team for next season then fine. However if it’s based on performance levels, then surely a handful of bad games doesn’t justify how much he’s been on the bench, when we all know what he’s capable of?

I just think it’s more than performance levels and ability, as O’Hare is good enough to start for us every week if it was just that, and you might drop a player for a couple of games if they have a bad spell, but this is more than that.

Otis

Valid point on training, and if Robins thinks it’s the right thing to do based on attitude then no issues. Even if it’s because he’s prioritising a team for next season then fine. However if it’s based on performance levels, then surely a handful of bad games doesn’t justify how much he’s been on the bench, when we all know what he’s capable of?

I just think it’s more than performance levels and ability, as O’Hare is good enough to start for us every week if it was just that, and you might drop a player for a couple of games if they have a bad spell, but this is more than that.
Yeah, I am not buying this freezing out argument at all.

Robins preferring Da Silva ahead of Bidwell, is a different argument entirely.

Seems to me that Robins brought Da Silva in thinking he would fit into the system he wanted to play, better, but obviously as the season wore on and Da Silva failed to deliver, he then reverted back to Bidwell, who has been pretty much ever present since.

Robins, I'm sure, hasn't frozen O'Hare out either.

Grendel

Yeah, I am not buying this freezing out argument at all.

Robins preferring Da Silva ahead of Bidwell, is a different argument entirely.

Seems to me that Robins brought Da Silva in thinking he would fit into the system he wanted to play, better, but obviously as the season wore on and Da Silva failed to deliver, he then reverted back to Bidwell, who has been pretty much ever present since.

Robins, I'm sure, hasn't frozen O'Hare out either.

He tried to sign Dasilva in January and remove Bidwell from the squad

shmmeee

He did have a little purple patch, but seems to have gone into his shell a bit again lately.

I'm sure COH will play next weekend.

Palmer has outperformed OHare in every game they’ve both played. Grendel is being ridiculous again. We’ve lost three in four and the TwatSignal is in the sky so all the old trolls are out hoping they can grab a few bites about selling players and how managers are crap really.

Grendel

Palmer has outperformed OHare in every game they’ve both played. Grendel is being ridiculous again. We’ve lost three in four and the TwatSignal is in the sky so all the old trolls are out hoping they can grab a few bites about selling players and how managers are crap really.

Nonsense Palmer has generally been his usual inconsistent self and has done very little since signing

Let’s be honest your judgement on players generally is poor

Yoyve always blown smoke up
Palmers arse. O hare this season Allen last season. Even before o hare came back you said we’d moved on from. Him and he had no place in the team.

Ccfcisparks

Nonsense Palmer has generally been his usual inconsistent self and has done very little since signing

Let’s be honest your judgement on players generally is poor

Yoyve always blown smoke up
Palmers arse. O hare this season Allen last season. Even before o hare came back you said we’d moved on from. Him and he had no place in the team.
I'm bewildered that it is considered controversial to criticize palmers output

Grendel

I'm bewildered that it is considered controversial to criticize palmers output

Someome accused others of trolling then states Palmer has outperformed O Hare in every game they’ve both played

They both played against Leicester

If that statement isn’t trolling I’m not sure what is

Otis

I don't get the constant labelling of Palmer as inconsistent. O'Hare is inconsistent too.

O'Hare is clearly the better player, but let's not pretend that he plays consistently well all the time. There's been a number of games he has disappeared from.

Grendel

So has Binks been frozen out? Godden? Kelly?

I don't know why people have to try and look for some ulterior motive in everything, looking for something to moan about. Not being first choice does not mean frozen out.

The club wanted Dasilva in January and Bidwell was going to moved on to Birmingham

Otis

The club wanted Dasilva in January and Bidwell was going to moved on to Birmingham
Fine, but do we know the full story behind that? Did Bidwell want to leave?

Could it just have been about wages? That if we had got Da Silva, we couldn't afford to keep both of them at the time?

Might well be Robins thought it time to move Bidwell on, but that doesn't mean he froze him out. One doesn't automatically equate to the other.

Be interested to know if Bidwell was happy to go.

Reactions: PVA

stupot07

So has Binks been frozen out? Godden? Kelly?

I don't know why people have to try and look for some ulterior motive in everything, looking for something to moan about. Not being first choice does not mean frozen out.

I think it's quite clear that Godden and Kelly have been frozen out. They are rightly second choice, but whilst Robins complains the players are tired, and he's playing players who are carrying injuries, whilst not even utilising his squad, either to rotate or just fresh legs as subs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Otis

I think it's quite clear that Godden and Kelly have been frozen out. They are rightly second choice, but whilst Robins complains the players are tired, and he's playing players who are carrying injuries, whilst not even utilising his squad, either to rotate or just fresh legs as subs.

I don't think Kelly has been frozen out at all.

He's done well in some games, but his lack of pace in others, as he's slowed down with age, was all too clear to see.

Not quite the player he was.

And as for Godden, he was getting chances, but how many games has it been now without a goal?

If he's not scoring, he's not offering enough to the team. Rightly dropped and then he picked up an injury.

ccfcricoh

the fact i think most agree we need to sign a better #10 than both O'Hare and Palmer if we want to challenge at the top, suggests he may not be awash with offers from the premier league, unless its to warm the bench.

When he's on it he can single handedly win us games, but unfortunately he is on it nowhere near enough!

stupot07

I don't think Kelly has been frozen out at all.

He's done well in some games, but his lack of pace in others, as he's slowed down with age, was all too clear to see.

Not quite the player he was.

And as for Godden, he was getting chances, but how many games has it been now without a goal?

If he's not scoring, he's not offering enough to the team. Rightly dropped and then he picked up an injury.
I'm not saying they are the answer and they aren't good enough to be starters. But he's playing Wright injured, he's flogging players and complaining their are tired, yet he isn't using his squad even if it's for one off games, for the odd 30 minutes.

Otis

the fact i think most agree we need to sign a better #10 than both O'Hare and Palmer if we want to challenge at the top, suggests he may not be awash with offers from the premier league, unless its to warm the bench.

When he's on it he can single handedly win us games, but unfortunately he is on it nowhere near enough!
Yup.

On his day, he is a really class player, but he does lack consistency.

Otis

I'm not saying they are the answer and they aren't good enough to be starters. But he's playing Wright injured, he's flogging players and complaining their are tired, yet he isn't using his squad even if it's for one off games, for the odd 30 minutes.

Yeah, I get that Stu, but Kelly looked incredibly slow when we last played him and Godden just hasn't been the same player. And like I said, Wright might well be carrying a knock, but Godden has been injured too.

Otis

Yeah, I get that Stu, but Kelly looked incredibly slow when we last played him and Godden just hasn't been the same player. And like I said, Wright might well be carrying a knock, but Godden has been injured too.
There is an argument to try Tavares instead of Wright though. I accept that.

Otis

No, there isn't. Tavares just isn't good enough for this level. Rather 80% wright than him.
I agree.

I am.just saying in terms of someone who has been scoring, instead of someone (Godden) who hasn't.

I don't think Tavares is good enough either.

Grendel

I agree.

I am.just saying in terms of someone who has been scoring, instead of someone (Godden) who hasn't.

I don't think Tavares is good enough either.

Tavares has scored once in the league - against rock bottom Rotherham

Senior Vick from Alicante

O'Hare, Palmer and Wright have been passengers for large parts of our recent matches, Wright doesn't get the free pass just for scoring a few goals for that you need to be scoring 30 goals a season for that. Next season we are going to need a midfielder who is the size of Palmer, the skill of O'Hare and the engine and press of Jamie Allen. Spoke with my old man about it on Saturday and think we've missed Allen, his energy in midfield creates the space for others like O'Hare to work in, its often the players that do the dirty work well that you miss. I would like O'Hare to stay, Scotland is being muted which is small minded but money talks.

Otis

Tavares has scored once in the league - against rock bottom Rotherham
Yeah, sure,.if you want to exclude cup goals.. 😂

There's always a thing on here to include/exclude cup goals depending upon the argument someone wants to make.

Godden hasn't looked the same player he once was and neither has Kelly. He looked like he had slowed down substantially last time he played and it was a worry.

I don't rate Tavares, but he has at least shown something over the past few games.

Mucca Mad Boys

Realistically, we’ve just ran out of squad, haven’t we? The accumulation of games and injuries have gone against us. Frankly, as @Saddlebrains alluded to 1-2 weeks ago, the coaching team seem to have accepted there’s more work needed.

I’ve been in the camp all season that our midfield just isn’t good enough and a we can’t keep a clean sheet. When we’ve played the better teams in this league, the gap in quality has shown and our record reflects that.

Playing Tavares, Kelly and Godden just isn’t the answer. Compare those options to the competition.

Grendel

Yeah, sure,.if you want to exclude cup goals.. 😂

There's always a thing on here to include it exclude cup goals depending upon the argument someone wants to make.

Godden hasn't looked the same player he once was and neither has Kelly. He looked like he had slowed down substantially last time he played and it was a worry.

I don't rate Tavares, but he has at least shown something over the past few games.

frankly last minute goals against a beaten non league team aren’t great indicators of very much

He’s only shown something because performances have been poor - he shouldn’t be in the equation of a championship team with promotion aspirations

Otis

frankly last minute goals against a beaten non league team aren’t great indicators of very much

He’s only shown something because performances have been poor - he shouldn’t be in the equation of a championship team with promotion aspirations
Agree with the last part.

Sick Boy

O'Hare, Palmer and Wright have been passengers for large parts of our recent matches, Wright doesn't get the free pass just for scoring a few goals for that you need to be scoring 30 goals a season for that. Next season we are going to need a midfielder who is the size of Palmer, the skill of O'Hare and the engine and press of Jamie Allen. Spoke with my old man about it on Saturday and think we've missed Allen, his energy in midfield creates the space for others like O'Hare to work in, its often the players that do the dirty work well that you miss. I would like O'Hare to stay, Scotland is being muted which is small minded but money talks.
Isn’t Wright our top scorer? Godden got a free pass for scoring less goals.

Grendel

Yup.

On his day, he is a really class player, but he does lack consistency.

He’s not had many poor games - also he always offers energy and off the ball contribution

Against Leeds being a classic example

it’s the same with Allen

It’s a game Palmer can’t do

Senior Vick from Alicante

Isn’t Wright our top scorer? Godden got a free pass for scoring less goals.
That was my point, you can be top scorer and not generally contribute if you score 30 goals a season like Haaland has but if you dont you need to contribute in other areas like Gyokeres did last season with his pressing of defenders or with tracking back to help your midfield.

Grendel

That was my point, you can be top scorer and not generally contribute if you score 30 goals a season like Haaland has but if you dont you need to contribute in other areas like Gyokeres did last season with his pressing of defenders or with tracking back to help your midfield.

He’s also credited with 6 assists

Sick Boy

Fair point but I still think he needs to improve the defensive side of his game as well as his press, Bidwell was left out to dry on Saturday, I know its not his preferred position but he has to contribute more next season but where will Robins play him when Mason~Clarke is here?
I’d imagine alongside Simms as a two.

Users who are viewing this thread